It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Temple:Prepare for the 7 year tribulation people

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Continuing on that line of thought, if the New Testament was a work of fiction created by people about a man who lived a generation before them, that would explain how that man's life so completely filled biblical prophecies - they could have simply created their books around those prophecies, making the false claim that they had come true.

On the issue of nobody refuting the New Testament, even if you assumed that the earliest date, 50 AD, was when the first works were written then you would still be admitting that the writers were only 10 years old when Jesus died. Therefor, the best refute anyone would be able to offer about Jesus' personal life was, "Well, I met him when I was a child. I don't remember (insert story here) ever happening..."

Obviously somebody started a ministry which evolved into Christianity, and maybe that person's name really was Jesus. What we don't have, are any *first person* accounts of his teachings. This means that our only records of what that ministry taught are in a book written and compiled by people who were at best, children and at worst, unborn during that ministry's creation.

What all this means is that those writers are prime suspects as the ones who caused that ministry to evolve into Christianity. That ministry was apparently very successful and seems to have had no other "heir," so-to-speak, so perhaps the writers of the New Testament hijacked that ministry and turned it into their own very successful cult.

Or, possibly, like I said before, I'm reading something wrong in the source you posted.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

On the issue of nobody refuting the New Testament, even if you assumed that the earliest date, 50 AD, was when the first works were written then you would still be admitting that the writers were only 10 years old when Jesus died. Therefor, the best refute anyone would be able to offer about Jesus' personal life was, "Well, I met him when I was a child. I don't remember (insert story here) ever happening..."

What? If something was written in 50 AD, how does that prove that the writter was only 10 years old when Jesus died? To say that, you would have to assume that the writter was 30 years old when he wrote it, but the age of the writters was never given.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Math..

Going by the estimate your source gave, the earliest parts of the New Testament were written in 50 AD.

Jesus supposedly died around 30 AD at the age of 30.

I'm not familiar with the whole New Testament, but the Gospels all claim to be written by people who knew Jesus. If they were the same age as Jesus, they'd have been in their 50's when they wrote the Gospels, which would be the equivalent likelihood of somebody being 125 today. Possible, but not very probable. If they were all 10 years younger than Jesus, then they would have likely been in their 40's when they wrote them, the equivalent of being in their late 90's today. This is more realistic, but then you consider that this is when the earliest of the Gospels were written, and you start to have a problem.

If the writers were 20 years younger than Jesus, and therefor 10 years old in 30 AD, that means that in 50 AD when they began writing the New Testament they'd be 30 years old when they started writing. They would have to have been at least that young when they knew Jesus in order to have began their works at an age when they were likely to still be alive.

Now, I understand it's just estimates, and I get what you're saying about that. But don't you think it's odd that they "estimate" Jesus' life to have ended two thirds of a full lifetime before they "estimate" the beginning of the New Testament, which was at least in part supposedly by people who knew the guy?

It would be like if I were to write a bunch of accounts of things that happened to me and my grandparents when we were kids together. It doesn't add up.

The other answer is that they either got the dates of Jesus' life wrong, or they got the dates of the writing of the New Testament wrong, but upon seeing the discrepancy in dates any scholar worth their weight in sand would redo their estimates and figure out which one was wrong. The fact that neither estimate was changed to match the other shows that no evidence was found that justified doing so.

And to me, that's fishy.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

The temple will not be built until a RED HEIFER is born. Prehaps they are in the planning stages but this is a large part of temple lore. Without this they wont go forward.

For you that dont know (if i remember correctly, its been awhile since i read about it,correct me if im wrong) the Red heifer is basically a red cow that is without fault, perfect on every way not a single white hair. It will be sacraficed and its blood made into an ash to be spread over the high priest so he can enter the temple.

There has only been like 20 of them born throughout history. I remember reading about a wealthy cow farmer in texas hiring a genetics lab to try and create one to umpastart the building

This is the first step.......

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

The ages of thw writters is never stated, so we can guess all we like, but it doesn't prove anything either way.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As far as the age of the writers, John who wrote revelation and 1st and 2nd john, according to roman history was not sentenced to exile on the island of patmos until around 70 ad. This would make him much older than 30 even if he started following Jesus when he was a teenager. Its also important to note that revelation is taken from the original scripts found on patmos around 90 ad. This was the original not a copy. Now to my knowledge this is the only original book that was found. But for example the US constitution which dates just over 200 years in all likely hood would not be in the shape it is today had steps not been taken to preserve it, and even in its protected state shows signs of deterioration. Most historical documents that have been found are copies of copies. Yet no one refutes stories of Cesaer or Alexander the great, even though documents found pertaining to them are not the originals. Further more roman history directly speaks of Jesus, so to say He was a made up figure is absurd. These were people who had no reason to testify to his existence and subsequent crucifiction had he not been real. His existence has been documented by several non believers including the Jews, who wrote themselves of many miracles they witnessed, to the point that many believed He was a prophet, but just could not get on board with His claim to be the son of god. His existence cannot be questioned any more than any other historical figure, only his divinity can, this is the part that takes faith which is something you either have or don't.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just a question. Since I don't really know the layout of the Temple Mount maybe someone can read this article and answer if this new Minaret that is planned will be going where the Temple is also supposed to be built.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

"and at 42 metres it would be 3.5 metres (11ft) taller than the next-largest minaret. It would not overlook the Western Wall sacred to Jews; instead, it will face east, overlooking the Mount of Olives."

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Can someone please find a picture of the scale model that is being discussed? I'd be grateful for that.

Also, someone mentioned the DNA of the priests. That sounds interesting.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by METACOMET]

Here is a site that gives references to the subject of DNA tests on Levites:
www.khazaria.com...

Model of the Third Temple is here:

www.sonstoglory.com...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I really am amazed that in the year 2008, people actually believe in a red cow, sacrifices, etc. Call me naive, call me skeptical, whatever.

I think of myself as a spiritual person but only mildly religious -mainly for the social and family aspects of it. But this sort of dogma and superstition is why the world is so screwed up.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree with you to a certain extent when you say....

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I really am amazed that in the year 2008, people actually believe in a red cow, sacrifices, etc.
... this sort of dogma and superstition is why the world is so screwed up.

these people who follow scripture and devote their lives into making scriptural phrophecies happen,
could be looked on as faithful or in the extreme looked upon as zealots.
imho, they are living in and creating an ongoing drama scripted by sages of yore...
but they also helped create a lot of good societal things,
like charities & operations like Doctors Without Borders, etc etc etc

i think the world is as you say "so screwed up"
moreso because of the greedy moneychangers who, even in Christs' time,
polluted the Temple. Today's moneychangers in all its forms =
bankers, Fed Reserve, brokers, insurers, credit lending elites, are now in contol of our government & not the other way around.
i say the 3rd temple is Israels' Central Bank Building not the empty space atop the wailing-wall where the religious 1st & 2nd temples once stood

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
www.templeinstitute.org...

Seems like an awful waste of time to make all the full size tools to outfit the temple unless you are actually getting ready to build one. Same thing for running DNA and finding the 500 Levite priests.

its not a waste of time to make the religious items if you have a tourist museum charging an entry fee to see them.

And those 500 Levite priests can now buy the specially made priestly garments from the 'Temple Institute' for 2,500 shekel ($687)
IF they can prove direct decendance from the HighPriest Ahron

the Temple-Institute must have a business license and a mission statement
that would be interesting to read. 'T-I' sounds like a counduit through which ?fundamentalist? Israeli citizens and people from around the world can contribute to the building of a dream, which because the 'T-I' has no legal or governmental authority cannot ever construct a recreated temple.

All they can do is engage their money contributers to fork out $ to storehouse a few stones and vessels & dioramas..for a dreamers aspirations of inviting the Messiah to return.
nice business

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alupang
But stay ignorant, it is more blissful that way, yes? Hahaha, maybe THAT is why we hear the allegations that "Conservatives are happier than Liberals: They're unschooled.

you just tipped your hand to your viewpoint. Hating on christians, conservatives, and now calling them unschooled. Wow. I would ask you to leave your ego at the door the next time you show up to post here, but if you did, there wouldn't be anything "left" of you to post with.

hmmm....maybe that wouldn't be so bad after all.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by TrailGator]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Do you really think the god in question gives to curly rat turds whether his worshippers call themselves Jewish, Muslim, or Christian? Provencial little people with their provincial little minds have decided that the religions of Abraham are the ONLY religions that really exist... and then they spend their time imagining ever-widening gulfs between these three takes on the same damn god. Over what differences? Practically none whatsoever, despite all the constant struggles to pretend there are huge differences.

You people worship the same god, claim the same origins, and for the most part, have all the same prophets and laws.

No, YHWH doesn't give a damn what holy symbol you look at when you pray to him, at all. He doesn't care what you call the building, what language you write your funny books in, or what sort of hat you wear to avoid pissing him off with your bald spot. So long as you worship him, he doesn't give a damn whether you wear magic underwear, light candles, race around a cube, or kneel in front a guy in a dress to eat "the flesh of christ." He just doesn't. It's window dressing.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

i do partially agree, IMO it is all kind of silly the whole idea of a red cow, but it is one part of requirements to bulid the temple, anyone can make the candless, decorations, robes etc. But this red cow, however silly it is, is the hardest part of the preproduction.

I find the topic of the temple very interesting i encourage anyone who is also intrested to read these

www.amazon.co... m/End-Days-Fundamentalism-Struggle-Temple/dp/0195152050/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210664999&sr=1-8

www.amazon.com... /Solomons-Temple-William-J-Hamblin/dp/0500251339/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210665102&sr=1-1

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr.x211

hey mr x, ya i dont think i said its unholy per se, and i dont claim to be a master theologian that understands the bible completely, nor the dead sea scrolls/copper scrolls, or tablets of Ezekiel, the holy anointing oil (found ina 2000 year old vessel as a geletin_this will be used to anoint the initial temple and levite priests)which all have been found by the way.

I only focus on what is written, could be that a multitude of races comprise Hasshems message, i honestly dont know.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

i must insist that you could be very wrong on this...the tribe of Levi and Cohen is the tribe to be the Levite Priests of the temple, these people have been selected already, in number of 500. The works in Israel for restoring the vessels and artifacts for the Temple are also being created, in exact accordance to the ancient texts. The Muslims only have an issue with their Holy place The Dome on the Rock...initially it was believed that Solomans temple was built on this very spot...so of course in light of Israels STRICT laws governing historical place not being disturbed AT ALL..they haven't built the Temple. BUT now it is discovered that Solomans Temple WAS NOT built in the same spot as The Dome (the dome is in the Gentile Quarter)...so plans have already been in motion to get building underway. As it wont disturb the Dome, so The Muslims will allow it.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Sir Richard Burton, once in the 1800s, went undercover a s a Muslim and witnessed with his own eyes the slaying of 125000 sheep and like 20000 Heifer cows in one DAY!

so acquiring a Red Heifer should be no problem at all.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Your arguement sounds great...but it is not what is written, for me or anyone to question why God does the things he does is silly, we could never understand the Process he has set in motion. A natural order of many variables all driving toward one end goal.

We cant just take and leave what we wish from scripture, either you believe what is written or you do not. Now, one thing, the scripture is quite nebulous and open to translation, this has given birth to many false prophets and cults. This is where you should be careful in your claims that the bible is in error.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrailGator

LOL

God loves everyone, he is even bipartisan.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Yes this could be in accordance to the remark in scripture to.."...look to the skies for signs of my return"...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join