It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Temple:Prepare for the 7 year tribulation people

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I'm curious... how many of you guys are jewish? how many of you studied torah under a rabbi? how many of you know the jewish culture, the jewish religion, and/or what it means to be a jew?

That is the problem, too many Well meaning Christians only understand the words that they read, They do not understand the cultural base, the Torah, and that which relates to the Teachings of Jesus.

Now, The reason I responded to this thread:

As for "Other Signs" well, who says that they haven't happened?
Just because thing aren't common knowledge doesn't mean that they didn't happen. Maybe Ryder's book Link
is the one talked about (ref. Seventh Angel - Two Prophets) - Eh, Maybe not... But since nobody has the ability to check out everything we have to look for big news - like the building of the temple.

They will make preparations to rebuild the temple, They will get everything together for when they reconstruct it. The one item that is required before they build the temple is "The Ark" - the Original Ark. To build the temple without actual possession of the Ark is a problem as it would be considered a useless work/waste of time, and forbidden. So, when you see the Ark on CNN - then they will start to build the third temple - and not before.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by elle.mentl

So, as far as the "Third Temple" goes, what do the Prophets say about a Third Temple?

"..."Behold, the Man whose name is the Branch (a term for the Messiah) From His place He shall branch out, And HE SHALL BUILD THE TEMPLE, Yes, He shall build the temple of the Lord. He shall bear the glory, and sit and rule on His throne; So he shall be a priest on His throne, And the counsel of peace shall be between them both (both natural and spiritual governments - or kings and priests)..."

There will not be a third temple built by man, Y'shua ben David (Jesus) will build the last Temple. When He returns as King.

Jesus already built this temple, it is spiritual, the church....

JOHN 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign showest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

1Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

EPHESIANS 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for a habitation of God through the Spirit.

1Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The prophecies concerning the temple of the end times concern the church, the congregation, not a building. People tend to focus too much on the physical. Through the sacrifice of Jesus, he cleansed our sins, allowing God to dwell in us through His spirit, to dwell in his church. God has no need for us to build a temple, we are now the temple. The body of Christ=the temple=the church. Christ, the branch, already sits on his throne in the church, but yes, he will soon sit on a throne over all the earth in his coming kingdom, as king of kings, and lord of lords.

If the Jews decide to build a third temple, do you think God would refer to it in prophecy as the temple of God? It would be no such thing. It would be a giant rejection of Christ, his church as temple of God, and Him as their High Priest. God would not dwell there, therefor it is no temple of God, it would just another building, and of no significance.

[edit on 11/5/08 by doctorex]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Christians wish for the end of times because it would validate their religion.
They may go on about how much they love jesus, and how sure they are in the bible but those who need validation such as this are the ones who are the most uncertain deep down.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
They may go on about how much they love jesus, and how sure they are in the bible but those who need validation such as this are the ones who are the most uncertain deep down.

i completely agree. if we look at christianity throughout history, every time their faith was on the ropes, being questioned by a single individual or by a scientific thought, the 'priestly class', no, the church, turned against the people slaughtering many. it's a scary thought. maybe the pope is the anti-christ?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that very soon after the Jewish state was reformed back in '48 that an order was placed for a whole shipload of blocks of marble for rebuilding the temple from some quarry here in the US.

Also this site has tons of information straight from the horses mouth. Click on their latest newsletter. According to them the corner stones have already been placed!?
(sorry I'm not interested in it enough to wade through every word)

www.templemountfaithful.org...

Also I have a very good Mormon friend and he says the only authorized temple builders are the Mormons and they are the ones who will be building or directing the building of the actual third temple and officiating in it through baptized members of the tribe of Lehi. Somebody should check that puppy out....

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that very soon after the Jewish state was reformed back in '48 that an order was placed for a whole shipload of blocks of marble for rebuilding the temple from some quarry here in the US.

Also this site has tons of information straight from the horses mouth. Click on their latest newsletter. According to them the corner stones have already been placed!?
(sorry I'm not interested in it enough to wade through every word)

www.templemountfaithful.org...

Also I have a very good Mormon friend and he says the only authorized temple builders are the Mormons and they are the ones who will be building or directing the building of the actual third temple and officiating in it through baptized members of the tribe of Lehi. Somebody should check that puppy out....

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by geppetto425

That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a long, long time. Thanks for the laugh.

No, the Mormons will have no say in either the rebuilding of the temple or the priestly services, which are handled by the Jewish tribe or line of Levi, not the mormon Lehi clan. But thanks for playing !

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

Well Then this falls in line with the way I feel spiritually in regards to end times.
I believe we will live on earth during christ 1000 year reign.

I believe that there will be a resurrection to occur during this time of everyone who had died prior to the tribulation as their sins had been paid for in death.

During this time "satan" will be locked away in the abyss.

After the 1000 year reign the devil will be released and man will be tested one final time. It will be after this that the devil will be finally destroyed and the meek will inherit the earth.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Sounds like more religious baloney to me. Where is this 'proof' then? Someone just stated that 'yes it's true - but know one is supposed to know!'.

Oh, puleeze folks - you'll have to do a LOT better than that
We're not THAT naive here, you know.... well, not most of us.

Good try though.

J.

One look at a list of your posts jimBO and we all get it that you are one of the most vocal anti Christian angry atheists on these boards with no shortage of excuses for your vitriolic brand of antagonism. Why do you even bother with threads like this Ill never know when you don't believe in such "myths".

One would expect you to be doing the same type of active disbelief in other areas of mythical constructs and legend such as attacking santa clause and pulling his beard off to show the kiddies what a fraud he is but NO only the Christian God do you attack with such passion and angst aggression.

Why do we see your absence in the threads about nessie the loch ness monster or big foot? Perhaps it is the real myths you don't worry so much about while you secretly concern yourself with the real possibility that God is in fact real and he is Pissed off.

If you were REALLY sure, I mean unequivocally absolutely sure of your cocky self, like you have maintained as your mission and position in life to mock harass and ridicule believers on these boards as your own testimony equivocates that God does NOT exist.

Than WHY on earth,

are you asking

for proof

- Con

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by

Well,, sort of guy

We should all know their WILL be an "end times" as this planet at the rate we are destroying it in addition to the universe being entropic, we have NO doubt about that eventuality. Having said that, what becomes increasingly clear is the accuracy of scripture proving itself as nothing less than the divine and inspired truth, the word of God. In-spite of man being too impressed with our own "intelligence" to entertain such ideas from a book so old, the ancient truth revealed is what we see happening more and more every day.

What else can explain the life of one mans life (Jesus) having such a profound effect where it is even predicted in that old book, his very existence would come into question in the last days by those who would lose their soul rather than believe.

Wouldn't you know it we have people actually selling their souls to get the video "The God That wasn't there" by a generation of people proclaiming their own reprobation to blaspheme the holy spirit. The really sad and quite pathetic part of that is,, they actually think it's funny.

The day you become saved is the day your eternal life begins, not after the physical resurectable body dies but that very day.

The same goes for the spiritual death of the soul and the day they make that critical error in killing their very soul is the day it dies.

I believe those that do this will have children without souls also. They are the children of the grave the last of one perhaps two generations of people among us. When you see Christians no longer trying to "shove our religion down your throats" , when the church no longer attempts to lead people to Christ, there may only be a few stragglers left out there and it will be up to those Christians in the streets to lead them but they won't waste much time on them.

As for your suggestion Christians are uncertain that we need validation? Of what? We know the end times is coming, I think it is a mistake to attempt to pinpoint the day but it is wise to know the signs of its coming and that if you are wise,, you will make damn sure

you are ready and

Validated

- Con

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
Why do we see your absence in the threads about nessie the loch ness monster or big foot? Perhaps it is the real myths you don't worry so much about while you secretly concern yourself with the real possibility that God is in fact real and he is Pissed off.

I'm offended, Nessie and Bigfoot are real, they told me so.
LOL

-Jimmy

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I'm curious... how many of you guys are jewish? how many of you studied torah under a rabbi? how many of you know the jewish culture, the jewish religion, and/or what it means to be a jew?

As far as I know the Torah as well as the prophets and other writings, is for the people of God, those that keep His law and abide by the stipulations of His covenant. The Jews (the tribe of Judah, Benjamin and part of Levi) are not the only people who study the Torah and keep His Sabbath and the other commandments. There were twelve tribes of Israel who called YHVH their Elohiem as well as anyone else who wanted/wants to serve Him by keeping His sabbath and the rest of His laws,"... Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I [am] the LORD your God.. " It is not necessary to study "under a rabbi", there is absolutely no stipulation for that in the Torah. The scriptures are simple enough that a child can understand them, Rabbis teach more on the Oral Law, the Talmud, than the Torah. The Talmud is the doctrine of man, religion is also of man, not God. In order to be part of the Kingdom of God one must observe the seventh day sabbath- the sign of the covenant, keep His laws and believe on His name. That is what it means to be a "child of God" being Jewish isn't a prerequisite to a relationship with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

CHECK THIS THREAD OUT JOVIER SOLANA.....
JAVIER SOLANA IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THE SO CALLED ANITCHRIST.... WOULDNT U SAY????

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Taken your meds lately?

There is NO "Third Temple" to be rebuild in Jerusalem, because there was NO FIRST TEMPLE EVER built in Jerusalem. None. Over 60 years of Israeli/Jewish archaeologists digging hither and yon, and NO evidence of any "King David" (actually stolen tales of King Omri, and the "Temple" was in Sechem), or of any "great city" of "King Solomon" either, absolutely NO archaeological remains of anything but a very small village where shepherds gathered. Sorry, facts are facts. Nothing was there.

So, your "prophesy" of a third temple is FALSE. Has to be, as there was no FIRST temple ever there. Ever. No "Hey Zeus" entering this non-existent temple, and whipping the money-changers, didn't happen, never a temple there. (I enjoyed your reference to "The (non) History Channel", though. if you take your "history lessons" from Zionist sourced programs, you WILL end up brainwashed, as is evident from your fantasies of myths being "real."

Now, on "Jesus." This is the Roman version of the Mithra myth, up until the 5th century AD, there was NO portrayal of "Jesus" on any cross, no tales of his being crucified, nor hung on a cross (Mithra was, in myth), no artwork or legends of "Jesus" ever even walking the earth. That came later, he was originally a Sun God myth, and NEVER walked the Earth until the Romans crossed these myths with the existing Mithra legends. fact.

It (your "Hey Zeus" myths) were ALL made up at the Council of Nicea, by the Roman "Pagan turned Christian", Constantine, and that is historical fact.

There was NO "Joseph, Mary and Baby Jesus", fact.

Now, go waste a lifetime by waiting for the Sugar Plum Fairy to come rescue you, Princess.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

"i look forward to the rebukers and such on this topic many will post im sure that this is BS etc etc. Though these same people are inclined to believe in aliens and all that.....not scripture even though every prophecy has rung true! and there is NO proof of alien life, funny how everything happens as written."

So, you won't mind telling us how you KNOW that 'the rebukers" are "the same people (that) are inclined to beleive in aliens and all that..." A christian version of Miss Cleo and her crystal ball? Can you read minds, too?

You see, I do not believe in "aliens", or "spaceships" for the very same reason I do not believe in your "Gods." Never seen them, heard them, felt them or smelled them. They don't exist. Well, at least not here, on earth. Maybe in some corner of this universe there is life, I can not say. But they aren't here, and neither are any "Sky King" gods.

Ever wonder how it is that archaeology has dug up pottery from the 8th century BC (The 700's BC), that portrays Yahweh as frolicking with Ba'al, El and Ashtoreth, if these were "pagan" gods "he" supposedly told his followers to abandon? This is over 1000 years AFTER the supposed time of Abraham ( A Brahmin, a priest of India, you should at least be educated from where the myths you worship as real come from, ya think???), yet there "He"is, just another tribal god of semitic wanderers. Never get any odd feeling you are worshiping a "God" who's "Father" asked for HUMAN SACRIFICES??

If I ever do decide to believe in invisible men, they won't be ones that asked me to sacrifice my oldest son to prove I believe, ya dig???

Question" Who is the figure originally portrayed as having Horns?

Hint: His name starts with an M, and ends with an S. No, it ain't "the Devil." Another hint: he wandered the desert (supposedly), leading his people around while holding a staff aloft. With Nechustan, the Snake Goddess wrapped around it.

Who was the figure symbolized by a Golden Calf? Hint: His name starts with Y, and ends with H. That's right, "Yahweh" WAS The Golden Calf.

But stay ignorant, it is more blissful that way, yes? Hahaha, maybe THAT is why we hear the allegations that "Conservatives are happier than Liberals: They're unschooled.

Now, you have a nice day.

You should be made aware: originally, "Yahweh" was portrayed as a Sun God, too. A Giant, and the protector of the forest. You won't find that in the edited version of that book you call the "bible", but you are reading fables written in the 300's AD and later. Made Up Fables.

So odd, seeing folks thousand of years later, still worshiping some ancient Canaanite, Sumerian, Indian and Babylonian gods and myths, but hey, knock yourselves out.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by elle.mentl

are you saying you know torah on an equal level to the sages and prophets of olden times?

let it be known that torah contains 4 known levels of understanding that the oral tradition speaks of. perhaps there is a 5th, but that's another topic of conversation on it's own. i

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have to say I do not believe in any of this. Let’s get that clear up front.
So I have no vested interest or objective. You may be affronted by me, no matter your religious beliefs. I have been called a blasphemor by people who obviously did not know what the word means. I simply believe what I believe.

I was enjoying reading some of the revealing cultural bits in the front of this thread, and then things degenerated wildly when Christian prophecy got mixed in.

Can't you folks please stick with a single belief system?

Please leave the Christian chaos out, start your own thread and try to untangle that one there. They are clearly not the same thing. Shouting over one another's beliefs if very disrespectful, and counter productive if you would be heard yourself.

These people excited by their temple prophecy at least all work from the same script.

Now on the subject of the Red Heifer, First I read that there have been 9 and the tenth is the omen. So if the tenth dies before the prophecy is fulfilled, the bubble bursts and everyone goes home disappointed.
Is that a correct understanding?

Then I read that every red heifer is being bought up. Which is it? Rare and only ten, or dime a dozen and looking for good quality red heifers is a bit of an art?

Just to throw in a twist, would red heifer clones of the tenth be OK? After all there are those who want to clone Jesus Christ from residue on the shroud of Turin. Consider this a fun speculative question!
This is for amusement value only. And potentially to head off a red heifer cloning movement after the tenth enters the meat locker.
It is always good to set your belief system upfront, or you get spun like a pinwheel in the winds of change.

Next question is: Who is the messianic king. Not a name of who it will be. Please clarify. I am pretty sure that Jews are not waiting for the Rabbi Jesus Christ to come back. Please correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps what is the messianic king is better phrased. Are you waiting for a first coming, as opposed to the Christians waiting for the second? What is the messiah's relationship to the escaton?

So a false messiah comes first, but most of even the Jewish people who are expecting the false one, are fooled, or too eager and cannot wait for the second and real one?
How am I doing so far? How likely is that?

I particularly enjoyed the story about self esteem; it provided an insight into the meaning of chutzpah and the Jewish culture, good cultural value there.

I truly like the concept of needing to judge the worthyness of the messiah.
To discern the real from the false. We should all aspire to that level of skepticism. Do you have any good cultural detail on how one goes about that?

That line of reasoning would be an eyeopener for many those who must ask someone else what they believe in, and have abandon their own moral compasses.

I believe you folks have everything ready to go for your temple, the film convinced me. I believe you supplied ample proof.

Unfortunately I also believe in self fulfilling prophecies’, and nutjobs who will try to force the worst things to happen to fulfill their nightmare expectations. I am not pinning that label on you. So please no offense intended. I know those types exist regarding this topic.

I have a general state of anxiety where doom prophecy is concerned.
I understand that a true believer will not feel compelled to push the river.
And I hope you never feel compelled to push the button out of a sense of obligation to provide a traditional conclusion to a storyline.

I do not personally believe in emanuelatization of the escaton, but I will recognize a spiritually superior being by it's virtuous actions, and their superior results. I will never be swayed by mere words or gestures.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alupang
There is NO "Third Temple" to be rebuild in Jerusalem, because there was NO FIRST TEMPLE EVER built in Jerusalem. None. Over 60 years of Israeli/Jewish archaeologists digging hither and yon, and NO evidence of any "King David" (actually stolen tales of King Omri, and the "Temple" was in Sechem), or of any "great city" of "King Solomon" either, absolutely NO archaeological remains of anything but a very small village where shepherds gathered. Sorry, facts are facts. Nothing was there.

That is not true.

www.ucgstp.org...

www.nytimes.com...

www.mfa.gov.il...

Originally posted by alupang
Now, on "Jesus." This is the Roman version of the Mithra myth, up until the 5th century AD, there was NO portrayal of "Jesus" on any cross, no tales of his being crucified, nor hung on a cross (Mithra was, in myth), no artwork or legends of "Jesus" ever even walking the earth. That came later, he was originally a Sun God myth, and NEVER walked the Earth until the Romans crossed these myths with the existing Mithra legends. fact.

It (your "Hey Zeus" myths) were ALL made up at the Council of Nicea, by the Roman "Pagan turned Christian", Constantine, and that is historical fact.

Fact? Um, then who built the time machine necessary to create the manuscripts and papyri centuries older than the date you have given?

www.carm.org...

Perhaps you would like to give us those "facts".

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Your first three links show that the palace of David was *possibly* found, with the one story actually sounding more skeptical than anything.

Your last link is interesting, however you see that by its own admission the New Testament was written between 50 and 100 AD. Jesus died in 30 AD. The average lifespan during those times was around 30 years old. This means that the Gospels were written at least a full generation after Jesus was dead and gone, which means that they were all flat out lying in their claims to be the works of people who personally knew Jesus.

If there is a reason or an explanation for that discrepancy, I'm willing to read it. I might just be misunderstanding something here, but if I'm not, then you've just proven the Gospels to be works of fiction...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Your first three links show that the palace of David was *possibly* found, with the one story actually sounding more skeptical than anything.

Something found, right where the Bible said it was, with design markings of phoenicians, which was said to be built by phoenicians. You can say that it was possibly found, but I think thats pretty good evidence, wouldn't you say? And you're forgetting the inscription about David, king of Israel, which was definately found.

Your last link is interesting, however you see that by its own admission the New Testament was written between 50 and 100 AD. Jesus died in 30 AD.

If there is a reason or an explanation for that discrepancy, I'm willing to read it. I might just be misunderstanding something here, but if I'm not, then you've just proven the Gospels to be works of fiction...

The dates of the originals are guesswork, they don't have them. What we do have is copies which date not long after this time. To say that this proves the gospels were fake, is simply wrong. By that logic, every written account of history is pure fiction. Also not all the new testament is written accounts of the life of Jesus, there are letters and prophecies written well into the old age of the Apostles.

[edit on 12/5/08 by doctorex]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join