It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iranian Radio Reports Bin Laden Captured, US Denies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda
"I never said this," Shahed said in a telephone interview with AP's Islamabad bureau. "But I have for the last year been saying that he is not far away. He is within their (the Americans') reach, and they can declare him arrested any time."

THAT I believe. 100%.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
1. he's already dead, and they are waiting for the right time to tell us, maybe Oct before the election.

2. he really is captured, and they ware waiting for th right time to tell us.

3. he is living in a safe house somewhere, with Saddam. They are living the life of luxury and are part of this whole scheme. In essence, playing roles in history.

4. they DON'T know where he is but will catch him before the Nov. elections

5. it really makes little difference, as it makes little difference who wins the election this November

6. none of the above

7. some of the above.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think we all may be able to agree on something.

If the news of his capture or death is reported on the eve of the election, that it was all planned as a final moments vote grab...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
1. he's already dead, and they are waiting for the right time to tell us, maybe Oct before the election.

2. he really is captured, and they ware waiting for th right time to tell us.

3. he is living in a safe house somewhere, with Saddam. They are living the life of luxury and are part of this whole scheme. In essence, playing roles in history.

4. they DON'T know where he is but will catch him before the Nov. elections

5. it really makes little difference, as it makes little difference who wins the election this November

6. none of the above

7. some of the above.

8. they have the clone of him

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

8. they have the clone of him

.....and he's 2 years old.

I don't think that we will be waiting very long.
People have just recently stopped hounding Bush about OBL, if the news reports continue, public interest will again pique. Then what?

Peace,
BG

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
According to www.homelandsecurityus.com, it looks like there might be another explanation to why the U.S. is waiting to declare Osama caught.

"29 January 2004-- Analysis by Sean Osborne: It's connect-a-dot time...

I think there is a valid and logical reason for a State Department denial of the Osama capture reports. I think State spoke up because they are in active negotiations with Iran over this issue, either via a second party's "good offices" or directly with the Iranians. This has the potential to make such contact an absolute necessity. The US State Department would have to become involved due to PROTOCOL if Osama were in fact captured on Iranian territory.

Next series of dots...

With the immediate and multiple threats of an al Qaeda nuclear attack and/or other weapons of mass destruction on US soil, the ramifications for Iran would be horrendous to say the least. (a potential retaliatory US ICBM strike or similar against Tehran for example would be in keeping with US nuclear or WMD use policy).

al Qaeda weapons have been intercepted by Coalition troops in Iraq having crossed the frontier from Iran. These weapons include highly sophisticated C4 and explosives combined with chemical warheads.

So, what COULD be the State Department be discussing with the Iranians regarding Osama's capture, if he is in custody?

All of the above. Osama captured in Iranian territory. Massive chemical weapons coming from Iranian territory, and the very real possibility of a nuclear strike or the destruction of an American city at the hands of al Qaeda...all of this with Iranian duplicity would tend to indicate that State is TELLING the Iranians in no uncertain terms that they MUST comply and act to stop any al Qaeda actions against the US homeland, and US forces in the southwest Asia area of operations.

Failure to do so will result in the immediate retaliation against Iran by the strategic nuclear forces of the United States. We will hold Iran responsible for any further actions by al Qaeda against the United States or its allies. Period and exclamation point.

While these hypothesized "discussions" are ongoing, officially the US will be mum on the capture of Osama within Iranian territory. The Iranian's are being offered a political carrot with the threat of a nuclear stick should they fail their obligations as a civilized nation.

Now, how much you wanna bet the next call the Iranian's make is to Vladimir Putin asking "Now what boss?! The American's have us caught between Iraq and a hard place!!".

Osama bin Laden in Iran? Comprehensive articles written by Ryan Mauro:"

You'll have to go about 3 quarters a way down to verify this.

Remember awhile ago www.homelandsecurityus.com was reporting Osama's capture in Iran?????
Hmmm, I'm going to keep a close eye on this one.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You have to wonder what the hell Iran is thinking. We mopped up in Afghanistan, we're raking the Iraqis across the coals as we speak, and we could just stop over there on our way home and fix things up a bit.

The impertinence, if it can be called that, of these middle-easterners is stunning.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Besides the fact that Madeline Albright is visiting, perhpas this is another reason for Iran to proclaim that Bin Laden has been captured?

"Iran can produce nuke warhead in days"
worldnetdaily.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I had posted on the Iran thing, actually my first post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This in a way makes sense, I was told by someone close to the DHS that he was in Iran, and remember there was an earthquake around the same time. Now with this post www.abovetopsecret.com...
talking about possible man made earthquakes, and I asked about the possibility of the US creating the Earthquake, to keep him in place. There was a convoy of over 40 vehicles entering Iran. The press and washington reported that it was someone high up(I forget who). Anyway, the person, speaking to me on the condition of annonymity, told me that they know where OBL is( now whether that means they have him in custody, or he is along the Afghan/Paki border, I was not told) and that it is a political strategy. There could be alot of hype about troop movement in the Northwest region, for a staged capture. I'm just getting sick and tired of a report every other day. Again, could just be building it up.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I concur also, TrickmastertricK.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
interestingly enough, if hes a cia assett, im sure hes microchipped right? Im sure every agent, informant, or asset is chipped just for their protection. If he indeed isnt in a govt sponsored safe house, theres no reason to believe OBL isnt trackable.
or the above is all bullshiit and we have nothing to worry about. and the good ol usa will catch that damned terrorist

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
if bin laden was captured a long time ago, he would tell the whole world that he was used as a propaganda maneuver for the election when word of his capture reaches the public.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
if bin laden was captured a long time ago, he would tell the whole world that he was used as a propaganda maneuver for the election when word of his capture reaches the public.

Would you if you were paid a large sum of money????

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

what does this have to do with this thread?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
its funny...?
yah it is

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
check this news article on the matter:

www.news.com.au...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join