It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with this Gladiator Ad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
all i know that its about a gladiator thing and for me it appears in jeeperish arabic, not even arabic really just random letters. why is that, does it appear to everyone the same way?

[edit on 7-5-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I put gladiatus in an online translator and it came up looking similar.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
lol iam talking about the arabic letters not the title of the thing

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
ok so who exactly IS this "Glad He Ate Us' ???

Is it about people who were consumed?
do ya think they really are Glad He Ate Us?

Is this some new show about cannibalism?

"burp"

Well I now some Arabic letters and they look similar...but I don't know ALL the Arabic letters nor do I read it.....we need someone who can translate to tell us if it really says anything or if it is just about artistic effect.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
duh i read arabic and i already concluded that its meaningless not only because of the words but because of how its written, arabic words arent just a bunch of letters put next to each other they are supposed to be connected or else rendering it unreadable. such ads offend me because they belittle the language.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I can shed a little light on this.

It's a German gaming company that is pushing various in-browser games (like Ikariam and Ogame) where your advancement is based on time, rather than dice rolls and missions. Think "EVE Online" for the advancement system.

Anyway, their games are free, fairly fun for a while, but pretty poorly translated in parts. I've played a number of them, but Gladiatus was only half-translated from German, and so I couldn't understand most of what I needed to do or what the instructions were. That and having to wait 15 minutes just to fight a mob was ridiculous.

All in all, I'm sure they didn't mean any offense, and are a legit company, they're just trying to cater to something like 20+ languages at once, so their localization process is probably a bit behind.

new topics

top topics

join