It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For 'Turning Without a Signal'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

So, how long before you took the bumper sticker off your car?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmother
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I went so far as to contact The ACLU, and found out....
I was also told that if you recieve a DUI...and are fined, this fine can be required to be paid over again for years.
Also even though you have insurance, but you do not have it with you it's an automatic 5 hundred dollar fine.

I think someone missinformed you... you cannot be fined again and again for the same offence, you are convicted, and owe $xxx.00 dollars, but once you pay your fines, all is done.

I have been pulled over in NY, and CA without an "insurance" card, and yes i got a ticket, but was able to bring my insurance card, and proof of coverage during the time I was pulled over, to the court, or police station, and get it dropped.... what we call a "fix-it-ticket"

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfmother

Always good to have a new poster. Sorry this happened to your relative.

You don't mention the state this happened.

If driving on a restricted license, it's utter folly not to drive in an exemplary manner, no?

So he had two issues. It may be that restricted means you go to jail - obviously they couldn't let him drive away, could they?

Looks like we have ignorance of the law -and- contempt for the law in knowingly driving restricted.

I don't see any 'civil rights' issues here, either.

Of course, it's only natural for you to defend him, but this case is not like the first one, which -appears- to just be turn-signal related, is it?

Good to have you here!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

So, how long before you took the bumper sticker off your car?

ha ha, i was young and stubborn, so i never did.. the bus fell apart and engine toasted not too long after i put the sticker on.....

i wish i still had that bus!!!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Simple: The scumbag cop didn't like the fact that the driver did not want to answer the filthy cop's questions, and the piog got mad. Cop's today act like they have some right to know our busioness...like where we are going or have been..anything. Cop's have ZERO rights to expect us to talk to them, and in this case when the driver objected to being questioned, which was the real reason he was pulled over..not for a turn signal..thats always just an excuse for the filth to pull you.

When a scuimmy cop wants to stick his pock marked nose in our business and ask questiopns that have no bearing at all on the cop's mission, we should all tell him to go to hell. So you go to the jail and post bond and go top court and shame the filth...make him lookl like the petty and stupid thug he is. Cop's today just want the last word..a show of power because they do not have natural authority gleaned from righteous conduct under the law...no, all they can muster is force and brutal threats and petty crap lioke arresting someopne for a turn signal.

Of course the cop in this case is exposed as a total idiot for showing his emotion at being angry at a citizen for not playing along and bowing down. The cop's today want us to genuflect and bow and scrape and do a shuffle and say " Yasshu" and " No'ssuh " and act all afraid of their power....makes me want to barf..As far as I am concerned they are no more than irritants that should be kept on a short leash and terminated at the first sign of being a jerk.

Typical nonsense from some thug cop....does not suprise me at all....the sissy cop just had to have the final word and show his behind to us all.....and as usual the cop ends up looking like the fool..and they are.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Simple: The scumbag cop didn't like the fact that the driver did not want to answer the filthy cop's questions, and the piog got mad. Cop's today act like they have some right to know our busioness...like where we are going or have been..anything. Cop's have ZERO rights to expect us to talk to them, and in this case when the driver objected to being questioned, which was the real reason he was pulled over..not for a turn signal..thats always just an excuse for the filth to pull you

WOW, please tell me you dont actually beleive ALL cops are bad? How can you "JUDGE" a group of people (by-race, jobs, etc) because of one or a few bad ones?

Gimme a break with this.... I sometimes hate the law officers, but have also been saved by them in the past. So I KNOW there are good law abiding cops, who have in my mind one of the hardest jobs in this country....Everyone hates them, nobody likes to see those flashing cherries behind them, and they have to procede like there life is on the line, because sometimes it is.... Walk a day in a man's shoes before you think you understand them.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've got no particular love for law enforcement either- but I have dealt with them on numerous occasions via my job, as well as with some major problems on my street. never have I had bad experiences. I just show them the respect that their position deserves (doesn't mean I am kissing butt or that I like them) and all is well.
I was pulled over once in my 73' Cuda, turns out that guy was a car buff and wanted to chit chat about my car.
Hopefully my experience is more the norm than the exception, and I won't run into one of these guys on a bad day.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by md11forever
I was pulled over once in my 73' Cuda, turns out that guy was a car buff and wanted to chit chat about my car.

Huh? He put you through the emotions of being flashed on and pulled just to chat? I'd have a SERIOUS objection to that.

AFAIK, if you have not committed an infraction he's got no legal right to do that.

Now, of course, that's better than being tasered, but if the guy's supervisor knew he was doing that, he would not be amused.

ANYTIME you are stopped you are at risk. Don't forget people get killed by rubbernecking truck drivers and motorists drifting over into the emergency lane trying to see what happened.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Originally posted by md11forever

Huh? He put you through the emotions of being flashed on and pulled just to chat? I'd have a SERIOUS objection to that.

I should clarify- he pulled me over because I *was* speeding, but wound up talking more about the car than giving me a ticket. I just got a warning on that one. This was circa-1989-ish and before all the post 9-11 stuff.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by md11forever]

[edit on 7-5-2008 by md11forever]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

I would imagine that the way you talk that you would end up in jail too! Just because he's a cop doesn't mean he's a pig? That kind of talk would put you in jail if I was a police officer. There's always a first time for everything in life and for some reason this traffic offender took it to far. I wonder if he called him a pig or as you type "Piog"? That would piss me off that you couldn't even call me the right name.
That so called "scuimmy" as you say would hand cuff you. And then to tell him to go to hell would put you in the back seat. Call him anything else and you're in jail. It's funny how some believe the media is always wrong and manipulates the story, but when someone is arrested and thrown in jail the media is right and the police officer is wrong

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Simple: The scumbag cop didn't like the fact that the driver did not want to answer the filthy cop's questions, and the piog got mad. Cop's today act like they have some right to know our busioness...like where we are going or have been..anything. Cop's have ZERO rights to expect us to talk to them, and in this case when the driver objected to being questioned, which was the real reason he was pulled over..not for a turn signal..thats always just an excuse for the filth to pull you.

When a scuimmy cop wants to stick his pock marked nose in our business and ask questiopns that have no bearing at all on the cop's mission, we should all tell him to go to hell. So you go to the jail and post bond and go top court and shame the filth...make him lookl like the petty and stupid thug he is. Cop's today just want the last word..a show of power because they do not have natural authority gleaned from righteous conduct under the law...no, all they can muster is force and brutal threats and petty crap lioke arresting someopne for a turn signal.

Of course the cop in this case is exposed as a total idiot for showing his emotion at being angry at a citizen for not playing along and bowing down. The cop's today want us to genuflect and bow and scrape and do a shuffle and say " Yasshu" and " No'ssuh " and act all afraid of their power....makes me want to barf..As far as I am concerned they are no more than irritants that should be kept on a short leash and terminated at the first sign of being a jerk.

Typical nonsense from some thug cop....does not suprise me at all....the sissy cop just had to have the final word and show his behind to us all.....and as usual the cop ends up looking like the fool..and they are.

Classic disinfo. Bad grammar, spelling and lots of invective used to make the targeted point of view look bad. It's probably a refusal to answer personal questions that sent this kid to jail to be humiliated and intimidated, and the above post is intended to make those who recognize this truth look like idiots. Here we have two examples of the coming police state in action.

edit for same old stuff

[edit on 7-5-2008 by resistor]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
When you question the driver how will the drivers reactions impact your decision making process. Would you be easier on someone who was nice to you? Would you get irritated with someone who was rude and insulting to you?

Think about it

If the officer is easily angered or easily riled up, it shows a flaw in their character which should be picked up during the psych evaluation officers undergo before being allowed to become police officers.

If someone cannot handle the job that they choose knowing full well they will be dealing with people who generally will not be agreeable with them, then they should find alternative employment.

Otherwise we get situations like this, which honestly, make me think of a schoolyard bully saying "Give me your lunch money or I'm going to punch you." - same rule applies, do what the man says, bend over, and shut up about it.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I know what you mean about this fascist police-state. This country is under attack by Nazis/Zionists, who don't follow their own laws or the laws their cronies continue to pass in congress.

14 signs of fascism-The USA turning into a fascist country?

According to a college professor, Dr. Lawrence Britt (expert on Fascist Regimes & author of "Fascism Anyone?"), there are 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism:

1. Powerful & Continuing Nationalism.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights.
3. Identifying Enemies or Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause.
4. Supremacy of The Military.
5. Rampant Sexism.
6. Controlled Mass-Media.
7. Obsession with National Security.
8. Religion & Government Our Intertwined.
9. Corporate Power is Protected.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals & The Arts.
12. Obsession with Crime & Punishment.
13. Rampant Cronyism & Corruption.
14. Fraudulent Elections.

Made by Eric Blumrich
www.ericblumrich.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Is there anymore to this story?

What exactly did the young man say to the Police Officer?

How old was the Police Officer?

Was the Police Officer a rookie?

Was the Police Officer having a bad day? How fast was the perp going?

Was the perp exceeding the speed limit by more than twice the posted speed limit?

Was the perp exceeding the speed limit in a school zone?

There's more to the story, of course.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Yet another one of those "head-scratchers" that seems to be all too common in this day of authoritorian rule over the civilianry...Arrested and strip-searched for failure to put his blinker on...At least they didn't taze him though, that would have been the capper.lol

More awesome use of our tax-payer dollars--Keeping the populace safe by incarcerating evil blinker-violating criminals!

You mean Evil blinker-violating Terrorists....!!!

Not criminals, "TERRORISTS"...!!

Gotto get it right man...lol

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
nevermind, I read the post under the one I replied to and it explained...

wish I could delete my posts..

[edit on 7-5-2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

FYI -- Michigan has what it calls a Driver Responsability Fee, This requires you not only to pay the fine for any ticket you recieve, but also, a fine from the state which is levied twice (thats 2 Times) over a two year period, you cannot pay it off early, and if you are more than 30 days late with either of your payments the state will suspend your licence without notification.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would like to hear what the guy did to the cop but cops do ask for some crap. I was pulled over for illegal lane changer (changed lanes without a turn signal) and when the cop pulled me over he refused to tell me what I was being pulled over for and kept asking me personal questions "what did I do for a living" "where was I going" crap like that really probing. (I was in a 100, 000 car and Im young so I think he thought I was dealing) I wouldnt answer so he pulled me out and searched me. When he found nothing he searched my car. When he found nothing started probing again so I said look please give me a ticket for what you pulled me over for so I can get home. He then started threatening me with stupid stuff like arguing and that I can go to jail but then finally he wrote me my ticket and I was off. Some cops really have issues not all but some do.

I know that some people out there really are wankers and treat cops like idiots...I watch COPS and the people they deal with on a daily basis but man it is getting bad.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
To protect and serve,thats the motto of most police forces in this country.
They don't seem to take it seriously.Police are defensive from the start.You are a potential perp. If you refuse an unwarrented search of your vehicle.They will find something to charge you with and have your vehicle towed.You can't disagree with them,because it will be called resisting.They find questioning thier authority repugnant,and will become excessivly forcefull.As far as they are concerned law enforcement are deities,and should be treated as such.

You have no rights! You are just grist for the mill!
Be polite,answer each question and end it with Sir.Take your licking and keep on ticking.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
on ticking.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

I think "kill them with kindness" would work best for your post

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join