It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Police Impersonators Charged With Abducting, Torturing Drug Dealers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

8 Police Impersonators Charged With Abducting, Torturing Drug Dealers

www.foxnews.com

NEW YORK — A sadistic gang of police impersonators abducted and tortured scores of East Coast coc aine traffickers, forcing them to hand over multimillion-dollar stashes by threatening to squeeze their testicles with pliers, authorities said Tuesday.

The victims were handcuffed, bound with duct tape and subjected to various means of torture during interrogations, including "simulated drowning through repeated submerging of victims' heads in water for extended periods of time," the court papers said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The victims were handcuffed, bound with duct tape and subjected to various means of torture during interrogations, including "simulated drowning through repeated submerging of victims' heads in water for extended periods of time," the court papers said.

Hmmm... This can't be right.. FOX News is saying that simulated drowning is torture?? I guess it's only torture when it's not performed by the government.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One gang of crooks feeding on another gang of crooks. Nothing new under the sun!
Zindo

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

LOL...It sounds like a standard CIA operation. Double LOL @ Faux news referring to that as torture, after all their defending the idiots in the whitehouse of the same damn thing...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I agree with you, it seems to be just the way that the CIA works when targeting suspected terrorist.

To tell you the truth, when it comes to drug traffickers, I feel no sympathy for the alleged "victims" or the police impersonators.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would agree... if it was actually FOX News that had written the article. They're merely sharing an Associated Press article on their site. Nobody from FOX wrote this, which is why simulated drowning is erroneously referred to as torture. (Unless we're prepared to label generations of school bullies as torturers for all the toilet bowl swirlies they've performed on unsuspecting geeks.)

As for the story itself, I'd actually be sympathetic to the 8 men if it wasn't painfully obvious they were turning around and selling the drugs themselves. I have no problem with vigilantes considering our police forces are overtasked and clearly handcuffed by a system designed to help the criminal escape prosecution and punishment at every turn. However this is clearly not a case of vigilantes, but rather one group of pushers and thieves targeting other pushers.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I thought this sounded a little familiar. Here's the story I found yesterday - different gang, same MO - only these guys had real badges.

prnewswire.com.../www/story/05-05-2008/0004806807&EDATE=MON+May+05+2008,+06:31+PM

I wonder if they are part of some larger network?

Protect and serve?

new topics

top topics

join