It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV video shows Philadelphia police officers kicking, hitting 3 suspects pulled from car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

TV video shows Philadelphia police officers kicking, hitting 3 suspects pulled from car

www.startribune.com

PHILADELPHIA - A half-dozen police officers kicked and beat three men pulled from a car during a traffic stop as a TV helicopter taped the confrontation.

The video, shot by WTXF-TV, shows three police cars stopping a car Monday, two days after a city officer was shot to death responding to a bank robbery.

The tape shows about a dozen officers gathering around the vehicle. About a half-dozen officers hold two of the men on the ground. Both are kicked repeatedly, while one is seen being punched; one also appears to be struck with a baton.

The third man is also kicked and ends up on the ground.

"On the surface it certainly does not look good in terms of the amount of force that was used," Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said. "But we don't want to rush to judgment."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nydailynews.com

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I lived in Philly for many years. I'll say I'm not a bit surprised. The police there (in the City of Brotherly Love) are some of the most trigger finger itching,butality beating, pulling over a minority, sons of ^&(* I've ever seen. I hope the officers get whats coming to them.

www.startribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good for those cops. Kick them a little for me. What you all fail to realize is what the media doesn't show proir to the arrest. They never do and they always make the cops look bad.
I'd like to see what some of you would do when confronted by these animals we have in this city. Then I guess we would hear a whole different story.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackpresby
Good for those cops. Kick them a little for me. What you all fail to realize is what the media doesn't show proir to the arrest. They never do and they always make the cops look bad.
I'd like to see what some of you would do when confronted by these animals we have in this city. Then I guess we would hear a whole different story.

I suppose your of the opinion that the beating was deserved until it's proven it wasn't? I suppose it's OK because it was policemen doing the beating? Let me ask you, once the suspect is on the ground, face down, does he or she require more beatings or is just handcuffing them without a beating in poor taste?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's a shame police officers themselves do not go out of their way to show that this is not to be tolerated. Here's why. When society breaks down, who do you think people are going to take revenge on first? It's going to be the cops. Whether you are a good cop or a bad cop won't even enter into the equation. They'll be hunted. I feel sorry for the good cops (and there are a FEW), because you will have to pay a toll as equally heavy as your brethren. But then again, you said nothing when you could have. So maybe it will be "karma" in the end.

The regular cops are going to bear the brunt, when society starts to collapse.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pleaase add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

top topics

join