It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 DEAD in Myanmar!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog

What I want to point out to everyone is that He knew that there is a cyclone coming, and was broadcast in advance by the Juntas. Everybody he met knew. Since it was a CAT 3, nobody gave a damn. But when I read western sourced news they were cliaming the juntas didn't tell their people. Why is this the case ?

That doesn't make sense. If everyone knew a Cat 3 storm was about to hit the delta, why didn't they evacuate? Unless they were mislead to believe it wouldn't cause the effects the rest of the world knew would occur?

Besides which, why are the Junta so opposed to relief agencies helping?

Because they are evil

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Starred for being very true, and very fair.

The problem in cases like this lies with the Myanmar government. As is frequently the case, these governments are willing to "save face" even at the expense of their citizens. I feel for the victims, I do not feel for their leaders. I saw a photo on Yahoo this morning of a makeshift scaffold with workers rebuilding the spire of a pagoda in Myanmar. The first thought I had was "Yeah, their governments certainly have their priorities straight!" With scores shelterless and dying in the streets, they're essentially repairing cosmetic damage to a building. That would be like the government here deciding to repaint the courthouse in New Orleans while the Katrina victims were still waiting to be rescued.

Personally I think it would almost be worse for our ships and aid to sit unused off the coast of Myanmar, waiting for the government their to OK our help while scores die than it would be for us to simply bring our ships and aid back to this country. The people are going to suffer and die there regardless unless that government changes its resistance to accepting world aid.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Personally I think it would almost be worse for our ships and aid to sit unused off the coast of Myanmar, waiting for the government their to OK our help while scores die than it would be for us to simply bring our ships and aid back to this country. The people are going to suffer and die there regardless unless that government changes its resistance to accepting world aid.

Yeah, it is painful to watch and our country does need aid too.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The Junta will not allow personnel into the country because they are affraid that a coup d'eta will take place and foreign powers will take out the Junta.

So the Junta wants all the supplies to deliver them selves.

The UN however has put a halt on ALL aid because the Junta just captured all the supplies and confiscated them. The Junta's man power is currently maxed, and they have no way of getting supplies to area where the infrastructure has been wiped out.

Current estimates on dead and missing as of now is 65,000 souls, and the UN is ready to declare Myanmar in a Medical Emergency because the Junta has once again ruined the entire rescue effort.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Essan,

Cat 3 storms are not uncommon in the region. The Cyclone went up steam just when it was about to hit Landfall. It was higher than a Cat 3... probably

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
That's how the Nature cleans itself from the disease called humanity...

Pretty nice.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In my opinion, the Burmese "junta" is doing exactly the right thing for a change. Western NGOs have been praying for a disaster like this so they can sink their bloody claws deeper into that region. They've already developed their leech organizations on the backs of the "needy" in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos. Part of their modus operandi is fabricating emergencies that will open the gates. Nineteenth century missionaries did the same thing except used spiritual emergencies as the excuse instead of physical calamity.

But the results are the same - foreign "doo-good" vampires flood the country by the thousands, setting up portals by which mutinational corporations can operate, capitalizing on hordes of slave labor. Both the cororations and the NGOs ride the gravy train on our donations, our peace corp/red cross volunteers. To be sure, it's always one small band of assholes being uprooted by a much larger band of assholes, but which band will ultimatley be easier for the people to eventually depose? The Burmese have been occupied before and I believe they prefer to deal with their problems by themselves. They should have the moral soveignity to do that.

Other than that I must laugh out loud at this "natural" catastrophe. It's the old old story of the little guys being punished for the nearsightedness of economic progress. Forests and swamps were cleared all along the Irriwaddy delta to make room for non-native cash crops. Here comes a wind! Oops, there's no hills or trees to break down the gale. Yikes, there's no swamp network to level off the floodwaters. Too bad... little brown village goes boom. Can we really take these death tolls seriously when man-made deforestation and erosion are the real culprits? Haiti, China, Indonesia, New Orleans - I can see the next one coming from the levee, can't you?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
sounds to me like it was a manufactured storm to effect the change of regime/occupation or whatever the powers wanted and the burmese suspect just that. i hate to see the suffering of all those people but at least they havent been enslaved by big business.......lucky they dont have oil

i believe they would be foolish to let un/us forces into their country when it is in such a weakened state, what do you think would happen.....whatever the most powerful entity wanted, thats what would happen

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by refuter

i believe they would be foolish to let un/us forces into their country when it is in such a weakened state, what do you think would happen.....

Hundreds of thousands - possibly millions - of people won't die .....

And how ironic that those who naively seem to be supporting the Burmese Junta do so from nations which have open elections (however flawed they may be), are aware of what has happened there (because their media isn't censored), and where they are free to express their opinions on the internet ......

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
open elections? ha

are you really so naive oh no thats right youre a "retired" disinfo agent

do every body a favor and save us all the time of arguing the silly points you attempt to make, or actually carry on im not really listening to you anyway

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
oh wow i guess i misread your post , media isnt sensored here?

you should be tarred and feathered

you should be ran out of town on a rail

you should....just shut up and save youself from further implication within the evil empire.......the patriots might get you

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
Today a few of my co-worker's were in a heated debate as to how "natural" this whole cyclone actually was, the debate was over gov. weather pattern manipulation and how the entire disaster would impact rice exports? Just wanted to post these and get a few opinions.

of course it wasnt natural. just look at what was meant to happen politically in Myanmar before it happened for your first clue.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikee
That's how the Nature cleans itself from the disease called humanity...

Pretty nice.

hahah no no, thats how America deals with their "over population problems"

nature it was not.

depopulation on a mass scale has begun, its blatantly obvious

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by refuter
sounds to me like it was a manufactured storm to effect the change of regime/occupation or whatever the powers wanted and the burmese suspect just that.

I'm curious to see the science behind it. Please post how this storm was manufactured.

Something to keep in mind is the long-term storm history in the region. Is it that these storms are 'new'? Or is it now we have the capacity to see them before, during and after?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
yaknow saint im curious to see the scince behind it also ive been wanting to validate this weather control stuff in my own mind for a while now, but alas i hav e to support my family if you really want to know just research it im sure there are plenty of folks right here at ats who could point you in the right direction but im sorry i dont have time to get baited into something im not very familiar with my current research project involves the holocaust hoax and more importantly the reason for it

hah you only thought i was sane muhahahahaha muahhahahahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join