posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
Hahaha...love the comparison KrazyIvan...
...would laugh more if I didn't know people with:
- a near 800hp (without NOS) 9-second Mitsubishi Lancer EVO3 (2lt 4 Cylinder)...fastest in Australasia
- a 970hp 8-sec R32 Nissan Skyline GTR (2.6lt straight-6)...fastest in Australasia
- a 600hp, 10sec Honda integra (1.8lt 4cylinder)...fastest in Australasia
- Mitsubishi Lancer GSR (1.8lt 4cylinder) cranking 540hp at ALL 4 wheels...again, fastest in Australasia
- '80 Toyota Corolla DX (1.6lt) near on 500hp at the wheels and running 10sec
...not too shabby for tiny tinnie little 'rice-burners'...
Yes, there is no replacement for displacement...having been raised on big drag-prepped V8s I've quite a love for the metal monsters...but also have
much respect for the little boys too...particularily when seeing what they can produce from so little engine...power-to-wieght...TONS of power, very
little wieght, generally means more than a few shattered egos from those driving 'real' cars.
On the subject of drifting...some 'sleds' I've had the extreme pleasure of punting sideways in my life, God Bless good friends who trust you with
their modified rides...hahaha...suckers:
- R32 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Coupe
- classic AE86 running a 4agze
- Cifero with modded RB25DET
- S3 Mazda RX7 with S6 13b, single T-04, twitchy drifting madness
- S6 RX7 Batmo...not intentially drifting at first though *arrrrrghhhh*
- DR30 Skyline RS with FJ20DET
- S13 Silvia with modded SR20DET
- Holden Commodore VL, running a custom RB30 block, RB25DET head, BIIIIIG turbo etc etc...thankfully running low-ish boost, so making 'only' around
- S14 Silvia, mildly modded
- '91 Toyota Supra with modded 1jze, custom single turbo set-up.
- '97 Supra RZ, rather modded and super tasty 2jze...wooooohah...spank it baby!
Gotta love the dooooorift...
[Edited on 29-2-2004 by alien]