It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ID May Become Invalid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
(This topic specifically targeted to members of ATS that joined as members of IgnoranceDenied.com)

Over three years ago, ATS held a contest. This contest called Find the Rings was an amazing experience that tested the knowledge and wits of many members of the AboveTopSecret community. In the end, four winners were dubbed "Captains of Enlightenment", and awarded a website called IgnoranceDenied.com. The captains were given latitude to develop and nurture this website in any fashion they desired ( Greetings my new Captains! ). Over the years the captains created and experimented styles and themes, content focus and community direction, and feature creation and site functionality. We did our best considering our experience levels and interests and have attempted to operate with consensus and the community interests in mind.

The last year provided many new improvements to ID and we are quite proud of it's current stature and what we offer. It was also within this last year that it became apparent that we were about at the end of the life cycle of our current core code that IgnoranceDenied is based on and provides complete functionality. After careful consideration we have determined that considerable changes will be needed to the core of ID, in order to provide the needed mechanisms to further our feature list as well as provide the necessary modern tools to manage and maintain our community, now and into the future.

This, the reason for this topic here at ATS.

The core changes to ID will be very significant and somewhat disruptive in the short term, and most issues have been identified.

One of the primary concerns are our member accounts and profile information.

Within the next month or so, the administrators and staff at ID will be effecting these changes and all attempts will be made for a smooth as possible transition to bring forth IgnoranceDenied 4.0.

Prior to these changes beginning, we feel it is imperetive that we offer considerable time for all ID members to become aware of what they need to do in order to prevent access problems to their ID accounts after these changes occur. It will be logistically unreasonable to be able to verify and validate requests for password change requests and email address changes for each and any member after these changes occur.

It is requested that all IgnoranceDenied members Log Into their ID Accounts and verify that you know your password and change it if desired, as well as make sure that your email address is accurate.. After these changes occur which I have outlined, it is likely that accounts could become unaccessable if the contact information is incorrect. We at ID will make all attempts to prevent this from happenning, but I am compelled to give everyone a heads up.

Finally, you will need to save your avatar image to your PC or other storage location in the event it is not migrated properly in your account, so you may upload it later to our server storage in your member center. (Yet another new feature coming soon).

Many ATS members have joined IgnoranceDenied, especially in the first year of our existance. Many of these accounts have become inactive over time, and as a result, I make this topic in hopes of giving everyone full opportunity to keep their account active and functional at ID.

In addition, IgnoranceDenied is preparing to undergo changes unlike we have ever experienced. We have and continue to Solicit for Input, comments, questions, and suggestions. Everything is fair game, and all feedback is appreciated.

Since our inception, IgnoranceDenied.com has grown into a great community, sporting over 6300 topics, over 46000 posts, almost 1100 members, and having over 2,548,000 topic views by visitors and members alike. Our site has appeared in news print as well as major websites in this time since our beginning in 2004. The future is where we are focused now and how we may provide to our guests and members and grow to heights and exposure never imagined.

We appreciate your time and consideration.

Sincerely;
smirkley
IgnoranceDenied.com Administrator
(posted with permission)

[edit on 7-5-2008 by smirkley]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just checked my profile and updated my email, thanks for the heads-up.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for this, smirkley. All things looking good on my profile.

Good to see the board doing well.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Admin number 4 checking in from ID. This 4.0 project reminded me that I should spend more time over here on ATS, since working on ID my internet time has been fractured to the point where I have stopped visiting some of the oldies but goodies. Hope to see some old faces pop back up over there and will try and reciprocate and pop up over here.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thank you for those that have updated their profiles.

I beleive that the new ID will be one that EVERYONE can appreciate.

(and yes, we are still soliciting for suggestions or opinions.)

Thanks again.
smirks

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up guys...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I was wondering where you lot had went over here. I thought I was blind, lost my eyesight, or was just looking in the wrong places for you two.

I'm good.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just an update, changes happen soon.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Thanks for the heads up smirkley!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
Admin number 4 checking in from ID. This 4.0 project reminded me that I should spend more time over here on ATS,

And this thread has reminded me to visit ID more often, errrrrr, or at least once in awhile

I did all the required updates....maybe I'll add an avvy after the upgrade

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, changes are a hapnin'.

Stay tuned.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
... And now, the preliminary public forum is available.

Yes, it is basic OEM out-of-the-box.

No it isnt going to stay that way.

But we had to start somewhere with this effort, no?

Anyway, it seems the data migration was pulled off with very few hitches.

So, check it out !!

(and let me know what you think so far!)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well, it looks like everything went off without 'much' of a hitch.

We now have blogs, social groups, and of course the forums.

Several feature enhancements have been added and are in ongoing testing for proper operation.

Member accounts have been successfully migrated and aside from a few tweaks that the old members will need to address in their User CP, all worked out well.

Soon ID4.0 will have a new look as it is currently being developed and adjusted.

I hope that it is appreciated, and I hope that we represent well, the ATS universe.

Thank you, ATS, the associated members, and future visitors.

Especially thank you ATS for the site, for permission for this topic here, and for continued support of the ID community through the last 4 years.

Find the Rings, the best game I have ever played on the internet.

Sincerely;
smirks (and all of the admins and members of ID)

[edit on 12-8-2008 by smirkley]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So,.... anybody remember the rings?

Anybody been to ID lately?

I just want you all to know, ...

We live,
We thrive,
We miss you.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Smirkley.
This is a gratuitous line in which I will further express
thanks for enlightening us in regard to our member accounts.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
(trying not to appear too spammy
)

I am bumping this thread as we at ID are preparing to remove all invalid, undeliverable, or out of date emails from member accounts, following our last emailer.

I know alot of our original members emails are no longer deliverable, but we have to clean up our mailing list by the end of the month.

For those interested, read this link and please consider updating your profiles.
www.ignorancedenied.com...

At the end of August, we will be clearing out invalid emails from member accounts, and your ID may truly become invalid.

And we wish this to not actually happen.

Thanks again
smirks

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the warning. I think I'm good now...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow! Cant believe it has been almost 8 friggin years !!

We are currently going through some 2012 upgrades, with the 8 year anniversary target in sights.

Who'da thunk it. 8 friggin years!!

Bet nobody here including staff ever expected it.

new topics

top topics

join