It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Quaking...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

More quakes. Big ones.

I'm in DC and we had one here yesterday. Small, only a 1.8, but that doesn't happen around here often.

So we've got Illinois quakes. Reno Quakes. Random small quakes across the country. Big Japan quake.

Chile Volcano.

Say what you want about "this happens all the time", but we've got a lot of activity going on right now, and it seems to be increasing every day.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
don't forget about the one in Virgina (2.0)..
also noticed that the mid atlantic ridge is starting to become more active as well.
something is building

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The quakes around Reno and the Cascadia fault as well as the patterns of equakes in Alaska are very interesting but that's science for you. USGS is one of my top 20 sites I visit regularly and I haven't noticed any increase in frequency but I have noticed interesting patterns of earthquakes. That square of earthquakes in Reno is particularily fascinating.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner
don't forget about the one in Virgina (2.0)..
also noticed that the mid atlantic ridge is starting to become more active as well.
something is building

"I'm in DC and we had one here yesterday. Small, only a 1.8"

I'm not a doom-sayer or anything...and I'm highly skeptical of everything, but there's too much going on at once right now for it not to be connected in some way.

USA Fault Maps - earthquake.usgs.gov...
Current Quake DB - Quake DB

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
haven't noticed any increase in frequency but I have noticed interesting patterns of earthquakes. That square of earthquakes in Reno is particularily fascinating.

fascinating for you maybe... a little unnerving for us here in reno... it makes no sense, yet the quakes are not ending, and they appear to be getting sdeeper than previous weeks...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
quake.usgs.gov...

well so much for a quiet day, after a few hours of peace and quiet, the shaking is starting up again.....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I feel soooo bad for those of you in Reno. I wish that I could make the shaking stop. That has to be sooooo.....I don't even know if I can picpk the right word to describe what you're going through. I know that I would be freaking out if I were living in reno. Id probably be packed up and gone!

I wish you guys nothing but safety and positive thoughts as you deal with the earthquakes that are still shakkng you.

Tela

PS> The oregon earthquakes are offshore so it doesn't affect people in portland (like me). THough there have been a few small quakes near MT Hood. If that continues THEN I'm really gonne get scared.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
quake.usgs.gov...

another 3.8 last night, just put all experts on edge..... they all thought we were in the 72+ hour window of "limited activity", then bam!!!!!

why its always happening inthe middle of the night I am not sure....

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
it's strange that we have this activity going on in places that aren't normally that active. Reno, which i realize isn't in an unactive area, but shouldn't be what we've seen lately, and Illinois.

I'm reading that some people are thinking that the recent activity in Reno is symptomatic of a volcanic eruption. I also realize that we have swarms, but this has been going on for how long now...?

[edit on 8-5-2008 by DOcean]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And in Japan, we had a 6.8 magnitude quake hit just off the main Island (Honshu) just before 2am Wednesday, in the pacific ocean east of Tokyo, with another 5.8 magnitude 30 minutes later.
From what I read/heard today, buildings in Tokyo were rattling
Thankfully, no damage caused or people hurt... and even better, no tsunami warnings issued *whew*

I almost had heart failure waking up to that

[edit on 8-5-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOcean

I'm reading that some people are thinking that the recent activity in Charlotte is symptomatic of a volcanic eruption. I also realize that we have swarms, but this has been going on for how long now...?

SINCE MID FEB.

quake.usgs.gov...

still quakin...

I just walked outside to get some air, and when i looked up, I saw the largest X i have ever seen over reno... contrails!!!???!!!?? I wont say the other word

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
3.1 here in Tupelo, MS. this past Saturday. We never have earthquakes here. Very odd. Right after several tornados hit the area.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I personally follow the theory that earthquakes and earth activity are connected with solar changes, sunspots, etc. Seems when the sun acts up, so does the earth. And if the sun cycle prediction is correct and we're going to see a peak in 2012 I fear what the Earth has in store for us from now till then.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jklee67
3.1 here in Tupelo, MS. this past Saturday. We never have earthquakes here. Very odd. Right after several tornados hit the area.

During intense low pressure systems, ie tornados, cyclones etc - the 'weight' of the normal air on the ground is significantly lessened - sometimes resulting in slight tectonic readjustment (depending on locations relative to fault lines etc).

On ABC TV news here in Australia the other day, they commented that 90% of the Burma cyclone deaths were due to the 25 foot-high 'storm surge' that washed inland - and in most places - didn't really retreat. Such storm surges are not just wind-wave action, the actual sea-level can rise a metre or two once the 'normal weight of air' is reduced - as in intense low pressure systems. Burma's cyclone was even a high-end low pressure system either.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
quake.usgs.gov...

So much for the slow spell..... its been quiet at my house, and only one tiny one early in the morn, but of course as luck would have it, I get to be home for once at lunch and felt a 2.1, another just below surface

top topics

join