It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acording to recent developements, over 90% of blacks should be considered racist.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

In the nation, or in one state? Can you source that? Perhaps blacks have given up on the political system?

Like I said, I can't comment on the entire black race's motives.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Who can understand the black vote? Why do blacks relate to Obama? Why would 90% of blacks vote for Obama?

This is where occam's razor comes in handy.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

But you can't tell their true motive. Maybe his skin color, maybe because they can relate to him more. Maybe he and Jesse hit a nerve with blacks.

Blacks also loved Clinton. Is he black?

They also vote for Hillary:

Obama v Clinton

By a two-to-one margin, black voters said they valued ``commitment to change'' over experience in public office, a trend that would seem to favor Obama, who has cast himself as the agent of change in the race for the Democratic nomination. But Clinton, seen by voters as the stronger candidate to win the general election, still scored higher, according to the poll of 750 African-Americans who said they were likely to participate in primaries and caucuses.

Read that paragraph carefully.

Again, you people are categorizing the ENTIRE black race. Do you have any idea how damn foolish you look doing that?

So Obama destroyed with the black vote in NC. Big deal.

*Edit:

Bill Clinton and the Black Vote

Clinton was very popular among African Americans. In 1998, Nobel Prize-winning author Toni Morrison called Clinton "the first Black president," saying, "Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald's-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas," and comparing Clinton's sex life, scrutinized despite his career accomplishments, to the stereotyping and double standards that blacks typically endure,[74] yet noted that she has "no idea what his real instincts are, in terms of race."[75] Clinton made improving race relations a major theme of his presidency.[76]

Maybe blacks see some things in Obama that they saw in Bill.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Do You Know What I Love About This Thread?

Not One Flag (some people starred it) that strikes me as democracy in action. It pretty much says we will talk about it, but we certainly won't push it forward as being worthy of further notice. Some threads are like turds that won't flush like the John Lear Moon threads and others SINK without a trace..this thread should be one of the latter

[edit on 8-5-2008 by SUNRAY06]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Bill Clinton, who holds the honorary status as the "First Black President of the United States," recently took up office residence among "his people" in Harlem following a gala welcoming celebration in the historically Black community.

The Race Issue has been playing for a while...Is it possible that the Clinton/Obama conflict has been in the works for awhile?

Sorry to burst people's bubble...but is it possible that the connotative issue of race is not only well known by those who pull the strings but that they have been planning for it?

This thread would be better served focusing on the techniques utilized by the media and politicians to exasperate this hot point issue...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Originally posted by xion329alpha

African people were enslaved for over 500 years

Actually, it's been over 2000 years, and they're still being enslaved today,
by fellow Africans. Read about it here:news.bbc.co.uk...

And when common sense kicked in, you take a race of people you have dragged through the mud and expect them to live in the world THEY built with the people who bred and traded them.

If you're blaming caucasian Americans for African slavery, you need to also blame the African slave traders, the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, the entire Muslim Middle-East, and all of Europe for "breeding and trading" African slaves... for hundreds and hundreds of years before any American slavery existed.

You created the African american race and you didn't do a good job at intergrading them into your society so it is all your own fault that the crime rates are high so on and so forth.

I'll never understand this type of logic. I live in a big city. Black gang members gun each other down on a near daily basis. The black-on-black crime is staggering. So when a young black kid murders another young black kid, it's someone else's fault?

Caucasians have raped the world and its people

And no one else has? There's a gap or two in your history.

FYI...Pope Paul III(a caucasian) in 1537 issued a decree, the Sublimis Deus, declaring that all peoples, even those outside the faith should not be deprived of their liberty. He spoke out against slavery, at a time when tens of thousands of slaves were being captured and sold by black African "traders."

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
MY opinion

Everybody has an opinion and I could care less is someone chooses to be

racist or to be cool with everybody.

But correct me if I'm wrong but is everybody saying that since alot of african

americans voted for obama that makes them racist?

So since alot of caucasians vote for a caucasian candidate over a candidate

of another ethnicty does that make them racsist?

I can go on and on naming any race any which way but doesn it matter at

all? maybeit's the people who think enough about a question like this are

racist? I don't know and frankly don't care.

and thats my opinion

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

I am almost jealous of your straw man skills (if I wasn't so darn good at 'em myself).

Firstly, who cares where we got them, American's owned slaves. That's all that matters. No blame game. Okay?

Then after we "freed" them, we still burnt crosses in their yards, hung them, raped their women, didn't hire them, and paid them dirt.

Also, it's not just black on black crime (failure to see the big picture), it's poor person on poor person. Black, white, red, yellow - as so many have said on this thread in vein - it doesn't matter. When a race or group of people are impoverished, they commit crimes. Crimes breed violence.

What else do you need to know?

*Edit:

You won't see two born rich black guys robbing a 7/11, but you might see a poor white guy rob a mexican.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

Originally posted by blimpseeker

The U.S. law states that the child is considered whatever race the father is. It is just the way it is handled.

So, Barack's children are...???

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
So, based upon exit polling, 92% of blacks voted for Obama?

You take that as gospel?

Most people *I* know routinely lie to exit pollsters. I know I do.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So, Barack's children are...???

Well since the father is considered black that would make his children black.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So, based upon exit polling, 92% of blacks voted for Obama?

You take that as gospel?

Most people *I* know routinely lie to exit pollsters. I know I do.

The reason *some* people lie to pollsters is because they are either afraid to tell them the truth or are embarassed to do so.
Afraid of being called racist or liberal or neocon...take your pick.

Bottom line is there is too many people outright afraid of saying what they feel or know is true.

92% of blacks voted for Jesse Jackson in '88, do you honestly think it was because he was the better candidate?

[edit on 9-5-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Sorry, but this is gross distortion of the reality of U.S. history and race relations in general.

Whites came to the Americas, and after the American Indian taught us to survive here We started seeing them as "less human" as us. We started calling them savages while we damn near made them extinct.

Ah, the colonists dropped off at the onslaught of a harsh East Coast winter with little provisions and very little time to build themselves reasonable shelter after an extremely hard three month voyage on a small sailing ship deserve no credit for surviving. Did the Native Americans teach the colonists how to survive before or after the American Indians tried to wipe out the colonists. Do you think maybe the Natives thirsted after the technological advances that the colonists possessed? The First Nations of America did a pretty good job of wiping themselves out as well. The introduction of iron greatly increased their kill ratios. Plenty of Native Americans live on in the U.S., having mingled in and having become apart of the the U.S.. The treatment received by Native Americans in Latin America was far worse.

As far as looking down on others from different ethnic groups as less than human, all ethnic groups around the world do this, and have since the beginning of time. It is in our nature. It is a bad way of looking at things, but it is universal. I get tired of people implying that only whites are racists.

Years later we started importing Negro’s as pieces of property

No, not "we", as in all Americans or All Whites, Southern tobacco farmers and cotton farmers joined in the world wide slave trade. You also should recognize that slave labor was a competitive advantage for the plantations down in Latin America and the introduction of slavery in the North was an economic survival necesity. Most Americans never owned slaves and condemned the practice. Stop blaming all Americans or all Whites for Slavery.

What blacks dominate in our society, they fought to achieve from an established handicap that to this day we still see from time to time.

Everyone who came to America had to fight to survive and to succeed. The first colonists who fought wars with the natives to get established and on through every group in every immigration wave, not only including The Irish, Eastern Europeans, and don't forget the Chinese. We have all had to endure our handicaps. Europeans dealt with wave after wave of warfare and immigration coming from the East and the South before arriving in the new world, the Native American nations constantly fought and competed over resources and territory. All Human beings have had to fight for their achievements.

To be inclined to vote your race is understandable hell we have always been that way and although one may NOT be an Obama voter, not every vote that Obama gets from whites, is a testament to white guilt, it is a testament to his ability.

On this I agree, if I was black, it would take some serious problems with Obama to keep me from supporting him and voting for him.

If 90% of whites vote for McCain against Obama, you can bet their will be accusations of racism.

Considering that the U.S. is still the greatest nation on the planet, anyone with half a brain ought to realize that White Men have done a pretty good job of running this nation. Sure we have had some duds make it to the white house, and the current occupant might be the worst one yet, but there is far more evidence that White Men have been successively selected to run the U.S. because they have pretty consistently done a good job.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xion329alpha

First of all, while Blacks have contributed greatly to the U.S., they did not build this nation. White people wrote the constitution and the princples on which this nation was founded, as well as most of the technology. At the time of the civil war the North was far more economically successful than the south, had developed considerably more industry, and had a far larger population. The Southern colonies were dependent on slavery, but that was due to the fact that they had to compete in the agricultural business with the slave plantation in Latin America..

Caucasians have raped the world and its people

No more or no less than the other races of the world. Caucasians also developed the principles of representative government, and the concepts of equality and opportunity for all. Caucasians learned to throw off the yoke of tryanny, and work in cooperation with each other, and that is one of the biggest reasons that we have succeeded as well as we have. Stop being a jealous hater, and learn to recognize the advantages all people who live in the U.S. enjoy.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. Most Blacks are racist, and this is just more evidence. I have no trouble believing that 90% of blacks or better are racist. While whites have stuggled against racism and pretty much conquered it, blacks have simply nursed, incubated, and spread anti-white racism among themselves for at least the last 30 years.

And no, I dont buy the "thier history is an excuse" excuse. The civil rights movement happened over two generations ago, grow up and get over it.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
O come on every one knows that black people can be rascit to whites and hey, its ok, but if its the other way round "RACIST WHITE SCUM !" and so on, that aint going to change.

Fox

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here's a good one people. Since some of you are convinced that most Blacks are racist...Ask a black dude...Seriously. Don't be afraid. Most black people I know welcome questions they've never been asked before.

For example:

"What do you think about all this?"

How's that for a question no one ever asks the black man.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I think you have missed the point.

There are racist black people. No one ever said there weren't. They aren't as hated - like "racist white scum" - because they didn't wear sheets and hang people based off of it.

That doesn't excuse their racism, but it doesn't sensationalize it either.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

I think you have missed the point.

There are racist black people. No one ever said there weren't. They aren't as hated - like "racist white scum" - because they didn't wear sheets and hang people based off of it.

No. They just wear normal clthes and shoot people. But at least they aint wearing sheets!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

But, again, that's not racism. That's a derivative of the lower class. All throughout history the lower class has been riddled with crime and violence.

Why do you think liberals want to try to minimize the lower class as much as possible?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join