It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Happier Than Liberals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Without feeling we would never be as advanced as we would be now. Feeling is where intuition and ideas and dreams come from. It comes from the subconscious (which does not communicate in words). Thinking is trying to reason or rationalize that feeling.

A right balance between the two would be the best. Not just using one or the other.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

Conservatives Happier Than Liberals

news.yahoo.com

Individuals with conservative ideologies are happier than liberal-leaners, and new research pinpoints the reason: Conservatives rationalize social and economic inequalities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another example of "ignorance is bliss" eh? And I find it hilarious that the words conservative and rationalize are used in the same sentence.

And, no, I'm not a liberal.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

I don't want America to go down the tubes. I live in America.. America the Continent. I want the federal reserve (read:central bank of the US) and the central bank of Europe and their owners at least to go down the tubes..

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I guess I should have read more. Great minds think alike eh?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Obviously we need both thinking and feeling - or we wouldn't have evolved with both. The issue here is which one is more dominant in an individual or group and how does that affect their outlook on life?

I added more to that other post. Please feel free to re-read it. Really crystalizes the thoughts (not feelings
).

[edit on 5/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It’s a way of saying that conservatives know what makes a good productive life, while liberals need big brother to make them feel safe and happy. Which never works.

Thats what governments are suppossed to do otherwise maybe we should all go back to living in the 'wild west' where everyone carries a gun and its survival of fitest in all its glory. Basically anarchism!]

There are things that work very well, capitalism for one works wonders when applied to reducing poverty around the world.

Yeah sure. Say it a few hundred times and maybe you will start believing it. Are you aware of what is happening in capitalistic china and even in all major US cities? Sweat shops!

Liberals talk about poverty but do nothing about poverty, therefore making it worse.

At least we try which is a hell of a lot more than you guys do!

Ignorance on how to solve most problems is a liberal thing

Wrong again. Its a bush thing. I am sure he has a doctorate in stupidy.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

military superiority for what?

America will be a world leader and a super power or it will cease to be, period.

A large part of the world hates America and Americans. Take away our big stick and our as_s is grass.

If you don’t believe that then maybe you want America to go down the tubes, as it seems many on ats do.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by gdeed]

Why do these countries dislike America our freedom? Thats what the sheeple believe because bush says thats why they hate us. Thats not true they hate us because we police the world and get into peoples business we shouldnt be in. Im not going to give a history lesson right now just because I have to leave but trust me when I tell you all these countries love our freedoms and hate our policing.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by gdeed

I don't want America to go down the tubes. I live in America.. America the Continent. I want the federal reserve (read:central bank of the US) and the central bank of Europe and their owners at least to go down the tubes..

I agree in part about the federal reserve, mostly because they move way to slow to do any good. They could have kept the housing debacle from happening but didn't. They obviously are not very smart when it comes to economics.

But I don't agree that they are involved in some huge worldwide conspiracy

They just don't know their own business which is economics. Perhaps they are victims of our educational system, or lack there of.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
right round like a record baby, right round.

seriously, you Americans need to stop infighting and fix your country.

these kinda "polls" or "surveys" are barely CNN fodder... and is MUCH below ATS.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well. I come from a totally different description of how reality works than the majority posting in this thread. You have to live your life based on your feelings. Your feelings tell you whether there is something right or wrong going on in the situation that you are in or in the thoughts that you are thinking at the moment. Rest assured that when something does not feel right it is not right and you have to change the way you look at it, then come the solutions to whatever problem you are having so you can implement them in the situation.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

You should see the Money Masters film to see what they really are. A real, genuine conservative would be against their existence.

Google Video Link

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Well. I come from a totally different description of how reality works than the majority posting in this thread. You have to live your life based on your feelings. Your feelings tell you whether there is something right or wrong going on in the situation that you are in or in the thoughts that you are thinking at the moment. Rest assured that when something does not feel right it is not right and you have to change the way you look at it, then come the solutions to whatever problem you are having so you can implement them in the situation.

Funny, but I just couldn't help connecting what I said in that post about pets, etc. with your reply AND then I put it together with your avatar picture. Not trying to be mean or anything, but you basically just verified everything I said to be true, and as you said quite different from those of us that would prefer to use logic to try and determine whether something was right or wrong ...

[edit on 5/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Lol!

Don't worry dude. I didn't see it like that at all. Anyways, that was my dog who died some years ago. His name was Bandit. He was born in july 1995. Hence the name Bandit795.

Anyway, IMO the way that we have to work as humans is to change the way we look at our reality, then we will be able to overcome the problems that are in the world now.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Another related metaphor then would be that liberals are kind of like our pets - totally dependent on a "master" (the government) to take care of their every need and liking it that way. Of course that same metaphor would make conservatives to be the masters - doing the actual thinking and work that provides for the needs of all that depend on them for survival.

It works. I like it.

I think this is what centurion is talking about Boondock. I don't think the liberal point of view looks to the government to take care of them. Lets take taxation for example. Logically, if the government is going to increase taxes for any group that it would be the group with the most money to spare. And yet, taxes on the wealthy have gone down massively during conservative administrations. The poor and middle class don't have much money, so taxing them more wouldn't necessarily get more money for the government.

See? It's a situation where both logic and sympathy form a conclusion that goes against the conservative practice.

Another example would be education. Logically, we'd want as many of our students to actually learn as possible, and not just develop into standardized test taking machines, and yet with a conservative administration we have the 'No Child Left Behind' act which removes government funding from public schools with low test scores. It seems to me that we'd want to increase the funding to these schools so that they're better equipped to teach. Again, logic and sympathy working hand in hand.

No one is looking for the government to take care of them, just for the government to be fair when dealing with it's citizens.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Why do these countries dislike America our freedom? Thats what the sheeple believe because bush says thats why they hate us. Thats not true they hate us because we police the world and get into peoples business we shouldnt be in. Im not going to give a history lesson right now just because I have to leave but trust me when I tell you all these countries love our freedoms and hate our policing.

Certainly, the leftwing sheeple believe what you just wrote. America was doing what it is doing now way before Bush came along. That's what super powers do, try and make the world a better place. Like stopping Hilter and other leftwing dictators

America is under attack not only by terrorist overseas but also by its own citizens, who wish to weaken it from the inside. That's how Rome fell.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Hitler was a left wing dictator?
Funny guy!!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Sorry to hear about your dog. It might amaze you to find out that I would be devastated if something happened to my Bengal cat - something logic has a hard time with.

Carry on!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Hitler was actually more right wing IMO. And he was constantly being supported by U.S. corporations such as IBM, GM, Ford, Standard Oil (I've recently found out that some of the oil products being refined by Standard Oil here in Aruba was actually going to Nazi Germany) and by Prescott Bush. Stalin was left wing though, and rebelled against the Bolsheviks who were sponsored by U.S. businessmen (which I've already told you about).

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Dude... Only liberals have cats. True conservatives have dogs.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Like stopping Hilter and other leftwing dictators

Dude, you need to do a little research on the political spectrum. Hilter was a right wing fascist. Like I said, people don't even know their own party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join