It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich warns fellow Republicans of possible disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Gingrich warns fellow Republicans of possible disaster

blogs.reuters.com

WASHINGTON - Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich is warning fellow Republicans in the U.S. Congress that they face a possible Election Day disaster this fall.

“Either congressional Republicans are going to chart a bold course of real change or they are going to suffer decisive losses this November,” Gingrich wrote on Tuesday in HumanEvents.com, a leading conservative voice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't know what to think about this... personally I can't stand newt the gingrich... but I have to agree with him on this one... up to a point... Where I disagree is that it is a fate that is facing both parties, not just the Republicans. Generally speaking outsider 3rd parties haven't stood a snowball's chance in hell of making any real headway in this country, and right now I don't see that changing... what I do see coming out of this year's primary nightmare is a fracturing of both parties and the creation of essentially a four party system with moderate and extreme branches of both.

In the long run this fractured system may very well be bush minor's real political legacy.

blogs.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't doubt that more republicans will suffer defeats in the upcoming election, but it is a bit too late to try to change the direction of the party as one of change and reform. For one thing they don't understand the problem yet IMHO. It is not that the people just want change, they also want free and fair elections, which were anything but in the last two presidential elections. Here in Ohio, we saw how our Secretary of State rigged the new voting machines in favor of the republicans and it cost him and many local republicans in 2006. So it is not just a national issue.

What NG also does not mention is the out of control spending and the deficit. Republicans traditionally were fiscally responsible and the last 7 years have also been anything but that. The so called tax and spend democrats did better in the 90's.

Now add the misleading into the Iraq war from the Bush administration and that's all she wrote.

Tell me how switching to a strategy of change and reform is going to fix all that in 6 months?

new topics

join