It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 NBA Playoffs Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'll take San Antonio over the Lakers any day. They may not win the series, and I'm not counting them out until the Lakers win the fourth game.

Love what Boston did last night, go into Detroit and punch 'em in the jaw and dare 'em to come back at them. They couldn't. Any momentum Detroit had is gone...gone...gone.

Boston in 6. As much as I hate to say it...Lakers in seven, though I hope I'm wrong.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Lakers just beat the SPurs in game 4 @ SAS...

Huge game, Lakers led almost from wire to wire, having the game get tied a few times.

The officiating was EPICLY bad, and from the opening quater, each and every call seemed to go the wroung way, without biasis for a team, just consistaltly bad calls.

There were 2 AWFUL calls in the last 10 secs, that decided the outcome of the Game.

Lakers Ball, there like 28 secs left in the game, the lakers take the clock down, and miss a shot. The ball just BARLY hits the front of the rim, during slow-mo replay, you can clearly see both the tajectory and the spin of the ball change.

This change in the spin of the ball made the player going for the rebound, mis-time his rebound, and the ball ended uup going off of a Spurs knee. But the 24-sec clock guy didnt reset the clock, the lakers had 2 on the shot clock, and 5 on the game clock. If the refs had gotten the Call right, the Spurs would have had to foul the lakers and send them to the line, in order to get the ball back.

SO the lakers inbound, and throw up a shot that misses, SAS gets the ball, calls timeout, and moves the ball to midocurt for the last play.

There is 2 secs on the clock, and the spurs inbound the ball to Brent Barry, who is about 5 feet above the line at the top of the key.

Barry catches and turn towards the basket, Derrek Fisher runs and jumps towards Barry to alter the shot, Barry pump fakes, takes a dribble to his right, and while he is do that, fisher lands on top of him, feeling the contact, barry throws the ball toward the basket.

Just an awful no call. Even though there was FULL BODY contact, no call was made.

LA fans will say the call was a make up call for the miss on the other end.

SAS fans will say this is more of the NBA fixing games, and will blame it on Joey Crawford.

It definatly should have been afoul.

From SAS view, it should have been a3 shot fould, with a chance to win the game.

The right call, imho, should have been a 2-shot foul, as the foul occured as barry dribleded.

It should have been 2 shots for Barry at the free throw line, and the Lakers should have had the ball with 0.something left on the clock.

Instead, the SAS got hosed. And as a total LA fan, it was easily apparent that Fisher fouled Barry on that last shot...

That had to be one of the poorer officiating games i have seen.

From the opening tip, when they showed the pic of the three refs, that one, Wunderlick, just looked bad, ive never seen him before, im sure hes a fine ref, but he looked shady... before the game even started, i thought the refs looked shady... and the way that game ended, it will be talked about for a LONG time in San Antonio

The refs stunk up game 4, no other way to put it...

As a Laker Fan, i dont mind the outcome, as a NBA fan, this was a disgrace... such a poor perfourmance by the refs, this is also probaly going to be the last game the spurs play in thier home court this year, if the lakers close the spurs out in game 5 like i have expected....

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I suspect you are right, though until they beat 'em for the fourth win...what can I say, I love the way San Antonio go about their business.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I suspect you are right, though until they beat 'em for the fourth win...what can I say, I love the way San Antonio go about their business.

Both teams are too well coached to say anything stupid...

in other news, i found A decade old comercial, in which Duncan and Kobe bot awquardly Rap... its worth laughing at..

Also, if you want to hear a song, Laker Rhapsody Im sure you will hate it as much as i love it, and that you will enjoy it neverthe less...

[edit on 5/28/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Lakers win 4-1

Now the Lakers get a week off, and await whoever comes out of the East.

I have made my perdiction(in the ealry season), that i wanted to see Lakers/Boston...

I think everyone does...

Lakers dethrone the Champs in 5 games...

I am just so happy... even I didnt think the Lakers had a chance to win the west this year... everything is gone great, better then i could even dream, now if they play the Celitcs in this finnals, it will be the best, the lakers must win...

____

NBA FINALS - BEST OF SEVEN (2-3-2)
Date, Time, Network Matchup
Thu June 5 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
Sun June 8 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
Tue June 10 (9 p.m. ET) Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
Thu June 12 (9 p.m. ET) Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
#Sun June 15 (9 p.m. ET) Pistons or Celtics at Lakers
#Tue June 17 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics
#Thu June 19 (9 p.m. ET) Lakers at Pistons or Celtics

I say the Lakers win in 5... They should take one of the first 2, no matter the opponent, and Kobe will 'will' his team to victory...

The Lakers better win a few Champsionships onver the next few years... no draft picks for next few years...

[edit on 5/30/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Lakers won the west. They will have the advantage of more time off to rest. Well, they earned it.

No predictions on the Finals here. I always jinx things.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
With the Celts and the Lakers doing well this year has NBA playoff ratings have soared.

I originally (on another thread) called Celts-Spurs in the Finals and if the Lakers wouldn't have gotten Gasol, I doubt they'd have taken the West.
But man... Lakers - Celtics Finals..
Think about ALL the All-Stars in that game! Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Allen, Pierce, KG..

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Its offical.. everyone can go CRAZY, we have Lakers v Celtics...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Man, when Pierce and KG were flubbing those free throws, I wasn't so sure.

Next Thursday in Boston.
Should be good!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Man, when Pierce and KG were flubbing those free throws, I wasn't so sure.

Yea... dont put that part in the Eastern Confrence Champs Vid....

Also,

For the first time since 1998, neither Tim Duncan nor Shaquille O'Neal will be seen on the NBA Finals stage.

And thats something to note...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join