It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part Of Universe's Missing Matter Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Part Of Universe's Missing Matter Discovered

www.sciencedaily.com

Ten years ago, scientists predicted that about half of the missing ‘ordinary’ or normal matter made of atoms exists in the form of low-density gas, filling vast spaces between galaxies.

All the matter in the universe is distributed in a web-like structure. At dense nodes of the cosmic web are clusters of galaxies, the largest objects in the universe. Astronomers suspected that the low-density gas permeates the filaments of the web.

The low density of the gas hampered many attempts to detect it in the past. With XMM-Newton’s high sensitivity, astronomers have discovered its hottest parts. The discovery will help them understand the evolution of the cosmic web.

Only about 5% of our universe is made of normal matter as we know it, consisting of protons and neutrons, or baryons, which along with electrons, form the building blocks of ordinary matter. The rest of our universe is composed of elusive dark matter (23%) and dark energy (72%).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interesting. Now what? Does this change things in physics?

www.sciencedaily.com

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Pretty interesting, so the empty space contains real matter as well as dark.

Would this mean that space isn't a total vacuum? Would have implications for space travel I'm sure!

I guess the next stage will be finding out what the gas is, it's chemical make-up etc.

Who knows what discoveries it could bring?!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Interesting. Now what? Does this change things in physics?

www.sciencedaily.com

Good news.

I'd say this discovery does not change things in Physics, on the contray: it means that we don't have to change our gravitational theory to "account for" the now found missing baryonic mass. But, on Astronomy, this result will certainly be useful to correct our models regarding the structure formation theory.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
These types of articles anger me sometimes. They play off of peoples lack of knowledge on the history of the subject, and they attempt to further obsfucate the truth by using improper terminology suited for a certain agenda. This article is nothing more than a mainstream cosmology propaganda piece.

First of all, this wasn't proposed 'ten years ago', it was proposed in the late 1800s and early 1900s by Birkeland among others. Whether or not space is a vacuum was an age-old debate settled with the first artificial satellites put into orbit. Low and behold they discovered... wait for it... wait for it... see item 2 below...

Second, it is not a 'low density gas', the actual term that should be used is Plasma.

Plasma cosmology predicted a cellular and filamentary structure to the matter distribution in the universe. Ah I give up I'm on lunch break and need to eat...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Considering that most of what we know to exist is made of energy, I wonder what exists in the dark energy...

I think human beings are pretty much like babies on the knowledge scale when it comes to what really makes up the world myself. I dont mean that in a bad way though. Only means we have a lot to discover, hopefully before we kill ourselfs.

Its like scientists saying that 90% of our DNA is junk DNA because they cant see what its needed for. At the same time they argue for the theory of evolution, where things that are not needed are not developed. Funny isnt it...

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrooveCat
Would this mean that space isn't a total vacuum? Would have implications for space travel I'm sure!

Space has never really been considered a 'total' vacuum as far as I know.

I think the average is something like 4-6 hydrogen atoms per cubic mile or something like that - that includes all the planets, stars, nebulae etc - of course a lot of that is lumped together to make - well everything we know.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
hey y'all

uhhhmm , is it me who's a dumbass or could the Dark Matter be all the things who arent seen by us (things who don't reflect any light or only a small amount) things like moons, space debris and any other thing we can't see with our HST . It seems pretty obvious to me that if we cant even get a glimps of Pluto then why would we be possible to see anything lightyears away from us.

just my 0.01 eurocents on it

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is no vacuum. That was a scientific contrivance for eliminating the unknown from their 'theories.'

Natural Philosophers, ancient mystics, even mythologically developed belief systems have been acknowledging 'ether' as the substrate for the universe for thousands of years, now after our 'enlightenment' were finally coming around to the notion that the so-called vacuum is not 'empty'. Go figure.

All sarcasm aside, we are getting closer to an understanding of the 'building framework' of reality. The concept of 'vacuum' just doesn't fit.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Dark or invisible like all the extra stuff in the air.

The Illuminati always make things sounds stupid.

Illlu who?

Who keeps you away from Tesla's ether, thats who.

The old mechanical analogs of electricity explain more than the
worked over electrical equations and Relativity mind control.

Hum, the limiting velocity of light is due to the viscosity of the ether.
Now why didn't I think of that.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by borek

If gravity disappears with high ionization, what would you think then.

Well, charging totally of positive charges.

There are hints at the results from a few theories.
But what about actually doing it.
And longer than any ETs have done.

Travel along the 'dark matter' web would then be possible.
Has it been done already by Germans or Nazis or a Swiss Miss and
Billy Meier?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by borek

If gravity disappears with high ionization, what would you think then.

I don't know, are you saying a theory where gravity disappears with high ionization also explains quantitatively the discovery listed in the OP post? What I do know is what I said: the discovery supports the most accepted theories about gravity, dark matter and the universe large scale strucutre formation.

You can see this in theoretical simulations: throw in dark matter, baryonic matter (gas) and general relativity's gravity equation; let this system evolve and you get a final picture which fits quantitatively too well with the observed universe, including the clusters of galaxies, filaments and voids.

There are lots and lost of alternate theories on gravity. On my institute, we have about one seminar weekly about those other theories. So far, none of them explains the structures we observe in all scales. Usually, when a new theory explains well the clustering of galaxies, it fails to explain simple things, like our solar system and vice-versa. By explain, I obviously mean quantitatively, not with words.

Unfortunately, the only theory that explains all these strucutres is general relativity assuming a ~27% component of dark matter. What's worse: recent discoveries always tend to support this theory.

Travel along the 'dark matter' web would then be possible.

Can you elaborate what you mean by this? Traveling along the 'dark matter' web has always been possible, because it's just normal space, full of gas (confirmed now), dark matter and galaxies.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by borek]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by GrooveCat

Space has never really been considered a 'total' vacuum as far as I know.

This is true. If you consider the web structure of the Universe, even the so called voids (in between the filaments) can not be considered true vaccum regions. It just means these regions have much lower density than the clusters and filaments.

But this is not what the discovery is about and it does not have to do with vaccum. It just stated that the filaments of the cosmic web is filled with gas, along with galaxies. We always knew the filaments are no vacuum, but now we know it also contains gas, which in turn can explain the missing baryonic mass that we don't find in clusters of galaxies.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ionized
First of all, this wasn't proposed 'ten years ago', it was proposed in the late 1800s and early 1900s by Birkeland among others.

Ten years ago, scientists predicted that about half of the missing ‘ordinary’ or normal matter made of atoms exists in the form of low-density gas, filling vast spaces between galaxies.

How is it possible that it was proposed in the late 1800s and early 1900s, if at that time, we didn't even know there were other galaxies, let alone spaces between them?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It might be the gaseous ether that fills the space.

This WAS considered as even Whittaker's "History of the Aether"
is testament to, yet he never goes into it deeper in order to be
IN with the Illuminati way of science.

Tesla's Dynamic Theory of Gravity (DTG) must have been based
on the gaseous ether. The ether is electrified at high voltage and frequency
to carry current. Radio waves and electron or photon (light waves)
pass lossless, seemingly, at the terminal velocity of c perhaps
due to the viscosity of the ether. Light being like a sound wave the ether.

Tesla passes AC High Voltage (HV) current trough one wire circuits and insulators.
His Tower was a power and communication device through the
earth not the air. So it was WORLD WIDE.

Now we have satellite communications for world wide communications.
Through the earth might be 1.5 c but that still is not instantaneous.
The method of static pressure seems to be reason or thew type
of transmission. Tesla would encrypt, he invented the digital circuit,
to allow for any number of users. Perhaps power and communication
wise.

[edit on 5/8/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by borek

I don't know, are you saying a theory where gravity disappears with high ionization also explains quantitatively the discovery listed in the OP post? What I do know is what I said: the discovery supports the most accepted theories about gravity, dark matter and the universe large scale strucutre formation.

Yes.
All gravity and regular science is intact as you say.

If one would experiment with the electrical properties of 'dark matter'
or air and its components as Tesla had demonstrated, and perhaps
some have done as well, one would discover levitation and momentum
independent of gravity.

Electrical forces are way stronger than gravitational.
Earth and planets are a concentration of 'dark matter' let us say but
the earth does conduct 60cycle electricity back to generators
say at Niagara Falls.

Well the air conducts as well, however Tesla generated high voltages
to shake up even the 'dark matter' into positive and negative charges.
Removal of the negative charges results in a highly positive charged
craft. You are now ready to enter the web. (as assumed the UFO does)
Yes, in this case a theory does say so, ones craft is 'in the web' and
defies gravity.

But that is only one side of 'dark matter', as perhaps I see it to
explain many unexplained science.

The Hydrogen atomic molecule, H2, when dis associated by heat will
recombine GIVING OFF 1000x the heat needed to take it apart.
Standard science say the nothing except an equal amount of heat
should apply in either direction. It is unexplained since I would think
heat was given off to go back together would be the same.
Where did the extra energy come from, is it the freedom of the
hydrogen electron to have free range in 'dark matter ' of the 'aether'.

Would 'free range' hydrogen heat our homes?

Helium can give off 4x the heat of hydrogen re association in
response to a simple spark loose an electron and recover it.
Inert gases are electrified to give off light and must have the
heat dissipated. The Papp Plasma Engine ran on a secret mix
of rare gases. From the experience of Tesla and the radio, the
secret may not keep others from doing the same experiments.

Isotopes give off particle mass but thats all, no loss due to
the energy to expel alpha and beta rays.

And the alpha ray is the Helium nucleus that can capture
electrons and become Helium. Helium can be captured from
oil well gases as it formed 'from heavy atoms deep in the
earth' as I recall statement. Guess heavy means slightly
radioactive but you see thats Illuminati science talk.

So I think 'dark matter' is active but these properties were
always known to us and will not be a concern or even noted
by the astrophysicists.

Science was never allowed, science is paid for by the way, to
investigate or openly document what Tesla found in his
experiments. His high voltage coil made possible X-rays but
the documentation catch up went to European scientists.

So lets see what this 'dark matter' findings does for us, sounds
like the gravity people are all happy now.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic
hey y'all

uhhhmm , is it me who's a dumbass or could the Dark Matter be all the things who arent seen by us (things who don't reflect any light or only a small amount) things like moons, space debris and any other thing we can't see with our HST . It seems pretty obvious to me that if we cant even get a glimps of Pluto then why would we be possible to see anything lightyears away from us.

just my 0.01 eurocents on it

There is a youtube channel GRIDKEEPER that has telescope video of
the Moon.
We need not go any where to see the Moon.

Why hasn't our illustrious government entertained us with such video?

With the hi res government backed telescopes they can show us
the Lunar Landing sites.

Quacks are constantly putting pressure on GRIDKEEPER since his
novelty is to be dissuaded if you catch my drift, wink wink.

Bad, no more TV of the moon, we are so bad.

ED: You Sir are no dumbass.
(That statement sounds familiar..)

[edit on 5/9/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

new topics

top topics

join