It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if the government shows up to grab your food supply for redistribution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well interesting thought. But if the Goverment would do this it would create quite a problem for them as well. Take the general public in all sence of the word neighbors, freinds, coworkers and even the people who you would concider your enemy would all be on the same side of the fence as you. one thing is for sure people pull together in a time of crisis expecialy some thing as this it really would be a do or die situation. a new union between the people who are being victimized will then stand to gether for an upraise. There would be no choice.Get along or go alone.besides the soldgiers that are inlisted and have family on the outside of the goverment would not stand for this as well, an upraising would be more then likely sinario. stocking food good idea and supplies because one never nows what is going to happen next.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In a true sitX my home will not be a home it will be a base. My base will consist of food, supplies, weapons, and my dogs. If you are armed I will take you down, if you are unarmed my dogs will take you down. I will not shoot to kill, I will shoot to disarm. You will then have the choice to leave me be or meet your end. Coming onto my propety will be considered an act of trespassing and be dealt with accordingly. The only person eating my food will be me, or anyone else I decide to share it with, you try and take my means to stay alive and you will not be living. Survival of the fittest. Again this is only in a true sitX.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Good, you're running 'bear bait' for me.
I have a feeling your name just went to the top of that activist list... not a bad idea though.

My take is more to just let them have it... retreat, fall back into the woods, let them search all they want, and then blow the suckers away as they leave. They'll have their guard down then, and you not only get your stuff back, but you get everything they had already ransacked before.

Memory is a bit foggy here, but I remember something from a long-ago history class where Napoleon's army invaded Russia. The Russians fought and fell back, the French pressed forward, the Russians fought and fell back... this went on until the French supply lines were stretched to the limit and a Russian winter storm hit. The Russians simply walked in, took what they wanted, killed those who were still alive, and handed Napoleon a crushing failure.

Retreat: to attack from a different direction.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've posted things elsewhere that got me to the top of that list quite awhile ago. So I might as well take one for the team and put some ideas out there, right?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What happens if the government shows up to grab your food supply for redistribution?

Those highest ranking on the scene who are exposing themselves are going to start dropping like flies. I won't really disclose strategy, as it's classified.

Don't just start stacking up bodies though if it comes down to standoff, as has been shown by stuff that don't hit the media, you can survive a standoff with the feds, just make it not worth their pursuing further action.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I tend to agree with Daddyroo.....

As with the Katrina incident...it would be easier to remove people from the scene...and then confiscate with house to house searches.

They may be stupid but they aren't dumb.

A physical confrontation between troops and civilians, let alone the gun shots going off on the street next to you, would mobilize civilians to confront the agressors.

So hide well....know THEIR tactics....and counter strike.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Justr remember 1 thing. Not all members of the army are bad. Many army personell would not agree with this type of order. Although most would follow it or "pretend" to follow orders I highly doubt that most army would carry out such order effectively. Remember, the army members have families too and they are probably thinking of thier family and how they are being treated. These family army members will have no reason to take action if you give them no reason to take action. They would probably be wanting to go home and protect thier families.

On the other hand, you do have some individuals that give the whole army a bad name and reputation. Trigger happy, power tripping fascists. These are the members to be aware of and watch out for. They will use and abuse power to thier own advantage.

But, the real enemy are the dark ponies ruling this country in DC. They are the real threat and enemy if this manifests in the US. They are the ones that need a good spanking and solitary confinment.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To the OP: You make a very good point, and my response to that is - I'll have to go hungry for a while.

The OP is saying that the government shows up to grab your food supply - he is not saying that hiding it will do you any good.

Imagine, for a moment, what would happen if they found all your food, what precisely are you going to do?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm actually quite interested to find out how people would react to such a situation.

A situation whereby sustenance is no longer available.

If the Government wanted to cause a panic, this would be a very good way of going about it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

A panic that in my honest opinion would spark and quickly escalate a civil war between most civilians and the government.

We would not take this kind of action lightly. We would not agree to this type of action. Read my signature.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If martial law happens and people are quarantined/curfew:
I suggest mobility. If you get mobile and to your bug-out destination right at the beginning, they won't have road blocks setup in time. If you are a few hours late and roads are all blocked, good luck getting out, as you will be fired upon most likely.

So if I was stuck in the city, and someone did show up to take the food, they would be taking it over my dead body, literally. Once I'm dead, whoever is left of them (after several 12ga buckshot rounds) can take whatever they want. Though I can't imagine not igniting the supplies if I know I am going down myself. I'd rather let it burn that allow the oppressors to have it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium

We would not take this kind of action lightly. We would not agree to this type of action. Read my signature.

Ah yes, because they would be totally and utterly unprepared for that type of reaction, wouldn't they?

You'll be walking into a meat-grinder mate.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Course', it'd be the kind of meat-grinder where by once you've put your foot in it, you've activated the trap - next thing you know it's taken your foot off and is working it's way up your leg.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'd like to step back and think in reality for just a few moments....

IF the Gov. EVER comes to take Your/My food.....

1. Every Sams Club, Wal Mart and Target distribution center better be EMPTY.

2. Every School, Country Club, Cafeteria, and Restaraunt Supply Better Be EMPTY.

3.Every bit of Gov. Food Aid in Storage better be GONE.

4.Every bit of Food Exports from USA to anywhere Better be stopped.

5.Every Quickee Mart, 7-11, Stop n Go, Racetrack better be shut down.

I need NOT go on further.
Think Dominoe Effect, and what the above really means.

If even 2 of the above items happens, we have a LOT Bigger Problem than worrying about THEM coming to our HOUSE to get our Granola Bars and Powdered milk.

Potable Water Loss, Electrical loss, Heating and cooling loss, Communication loss, Medical Services loss, Rioting, Looting, FIRES and DISEASE will be at your door 10 times faster, and with MUCH Deadlier , sneakier and quieter Results.

Count on THAT Friend-o...

Try to put your energy into countering Microbes, Diseases and environmental anomilies. Providing a long term purified water supply, and thinking Disenfectants and Medial supplies rather than wasting time in "what if THEY come" land.

When it really comes down to it, there wont be any FACE on what is trying to get YOU. And it wont be coming in armed with 'metal weapons'. Your 12 millions rounds of ammo are going to do you no good at all.

A change of though process is in order.
Disease is not a 'personal' attack that you can 'stand and fight' against.

We are really up against " Nature" and/or Disease and not Soldiers/ Feds/ UN/ Nat. Guard.

Your Food stores wont last 1 meal in a Platoon anyway. Maybe 1 day.

Not worth the effort mate, its NOT gonna Happen, Period.

No one is coming to get your stock. ( Not Gov. anyway- possibly hungry neighbors )

Make sure you live long enough to use it though by being aware of Sanitation and Water/ air/ food /personal contact purity.

I shot a Microbe 7 times with a 12 gauge one time, and it just divided and multiplied.

Thats was a BAD feeling. I was totally outgunned. I Had to find New Tactics for longevity. Faceless Foe outnumber us all, and they are very quiet. Got right past the Dogs, and the security system.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blitzkreigen

Blitz, star for you because you tell it like it is.

Just so you know my response was to the hypothetical situation presented in the OP. I firmly believe it won't come down to that in reality, for the reasons you point out along with others.

Agreed that a 12ga won't do much against microbes...

For that I have a carbon gravity filter (Berkeys)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If conditions in this country deteriorated to the point that armed groups are coming to your house looking for food, the odds are better that those groups will be thugs or gangs, not the military or police.
You would be talking about a complete breakdown of society as we know it, and things would quickly become survival of the strongest.

How much food and/or supplies can you store anyway? Days worth, weeks, months? Then what? Squirrels, rabbits? rats? dogs? neighbors?
Won't marauding gangs of hungry survivors fleece your garden in the night?
Or wait in the weeds to take you out when you turn your back?

Lets hope things stay as they are for a while longer.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

Thank You for the Star, Ionized !

I'm just speaking from experience, and trying to save some others the effort and stress. ( been there done that, bought the Tee Shirt )

Looking back on History, Disease and Pestilance always take more lives than actual "conflict" in a large scale incident.

Also, changing my thought process from 'Human against Human' to Me against an "unseen foe" really helped to make me more comfortable and peaceful. A lot of anger and negativity left immediately, like magic. I'm not a person that takes 'living things' for granted , and I dont want to hurt anyone or anything.

Its my thought that IF I can hold out for a few months, like a bunny in a rabbit hole, Most of the bad stuff will be calmed down or eliminated by then and we can all start to put it back together. The right way this time.

I dont think that most people think about Viruses and Disease, and just want to go "shopping" when TSHTF with their .9mm credit card.

Thats extermely short sighted, but I understand it as being a natural defensive human mechanism. We are just hard wired that way, emotionally. Aslo a sense of Entitlement is running rampant now.

When your defending against Viruses, Bacteria, or "other" invisibiles, the defensive human emotion goes out of it and you can plan for everything more logically, calmly and peacefully.

Those folks really wont be around very long, but I sure dont want to cross paths with them in the mean time.

I also dont want to get E- coli, TB, Plague or anything else in between.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

PS.. I think I found your missing electrons.... OOOPSS..they just jumped to an alternate Dimention. When they pop back in I'll call ya.

Also... FWIW... The Berkley wont remove Viruses. Pre- treat with Chlorine for minimum 30 minutes or try a First Need Purifier: www.generalecology.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join