It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if the government shows up to grab your food supply for redistribution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The government emergency powers are pretty extensive. From the rumblings I've heard, they don't seem opposed to the idea of getting food from anyone who stashes it to redistribute to others who are more "critical."

How do you feel about this? How would you react?

I'm not certain why the government would feel this would be a viable option, since most people would not react well to a government attempt to seize personal property. I think it would be a much better approach to encourage everyone to stock up in advance.

I can envision wars and violence over resources - in the event of a pandemic, for example.

What's your take on this?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Five gallon buckets sealed with nitrogen buried off of your property will last a very long time. Don't place all in on spot and make sure that they are not so far away that they can't be recovered relatively quick should a curfew be enforced. If they can't find it they can't get it.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

This is an interesting topic.

While in the past, the armies were the first to be fed by seizing food and stores from farmers and plantations. (American civil war). This would be a real possibility.

It would tend to make me consider how to better hide my family’s stash. Then when they break down my door, I would deny having any. (let them try to find it).

Starred and flagged ; Thanks for making me think about it.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Guess I'd better start digging a stash hole...and then split up other cases of supplies between two other spots, like attic and basement. Maybe they will stop when they find one location.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well unless is farm land and you are a crop grower I don't see how the government will know your extensive food supply that you may have stashed away for personal consumption.

Unless you are telling everybody that you have tons of food available.

I don't think the government will be going House to house checking on your underground bunkers or cellars.

First they would have to be tipped as to were is hidden or if you have one.

I agree with Zeptepi, history tels that the first to be targeted by armies are known animal farms and crop farms.

Remember in the civil war most people grew and farm their land but in today society that is left to a few as everything is privatized.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by marg6043]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The size of the american population is 300 million. The size of the army is, at a guess, 1 million. If each american killed at least 1 person coming to steal their food, At the end, there would be zero army, and 299 million americans left.

Food for thought. (pun intended)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

You know that has to be the greatest idea I have heard today

Let them try and take my food.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
reply to post by sir_chancealot

You know that has to be the greatest idea I have heard today

Let them try and take my food.

Agreed. However, in the event of martial law this "redistribution" applies to nearly all things, including weapons, food, and energy source stockpiles that you may have had the foresight to gather. They are not going to try to take my families' food and argue that Obama is an elitist and Hillary is the "safe choice". Okay? I got some lead dessert for you all....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well unless is farm land and you are a crop grower I don't see how the government will know your extensive food supply that you may have stashed away for personal consumption.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by marg6043]

They will be going house to house like in Katrina confiscating weapons anyway, why not do a little fishing for other supplies to redistribute while they are there?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well to do that state by state and neighborhood by neighborhood will take a lot of manpower and the willingness of the people to submit.

While in Katrina the people that stayed behind were minimal as everybody else were gone from the areas of disasters.

Is a difference here.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We must not forget that the govt has new high tech toys now. We haven't seen them but I have heard of a few- lasers to knock crowds to their knees, one's that will kill you with the 'noise' it makes if they don't turn it off. All these sci-fi things in the sky every night probably are positioned to take control of the area beneath them. I seem to have just about the same ones hovering above over here. Looks like it is their designated position to hold until ??? They have put some long hard thought in taking total control over this amount of people. They have the money, power, and the crazy genius's to make the high-tech equipment etc....,for them. I know I won't be alive anyway. They will get rid of me the minute AFTER they come busting in my home. I'm 100% sure about that.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A friend of mine who worked for the government told me that they already know who is stashing food, i.e. they track large food purchases by your debit/ credit cards, which are attatched to your social security #'s.
They will know if you have it or not. Keep this in mind when purchasing your supplies.

I recommend doing your shopping the old fashioned way...
Use recycled items to build what you need.
Grow it
kill it and salt cure it ( if you don't have a smoker )
Find recipes from the depression

Most important piece of advice... Talk to the Elderly, they can teach you alot.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
good luck with that.
It will be ruined before they get at it.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
They will be deemed hostile and will see to that.

What they are doing and what they plan to do is so immoral and unjustified, its all an act.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The Government knows exactly what the public will do if they try to confiscate any stored food.The fight would be on and they are well aware of that fact.They will probably falsify some disaster and evacuate everyone first.Then come back and clean you out.You'll have nothing to eat and nothing to fight back with,IF you ever even make it out of their refugee camps.

My advice is tell no one what you have or what you have in mind.Refuse evacuation,hide if you must.Once they have you physically you have NO more control.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
The Government knows exactly what the public will do if they try to confiscate any stored food.The fight would be on and they are well aware of that fact.They will probably falsify some disaster and evacuate everyone first.Then come back and clean you out.You'll have nothing to eat and nothing to fight back with,IF you ever even make it out of their refugee camps.

My advice is tell no one what you have or what you have in mind.Refuse evacuation,hide if you must.Once they have you physically you have NO more control.

History shows repeatedly, that IF/when it comes to this, it won't be the Government that comes to your door, it will be the army (or PMCs) and it will be called "Martial Law". In such a case everyone deemed 'potential enemies of the state' - such as those regularly frequenting sites such as ATS, whether skeptic OR believer - will be rounded up.

One of the key descriptive 'flags' used against entries in the central database, is the word 'activist'. It has a myriad of sub-categories - left wing activist, right wing activist, peace activist, union activist, student activist, health activist etc - it doesn't matter to them. An activist is basically ANY person who stands up for what he/she believes.

If Martial Law is successfully used to usher in the proposed TechnoReich - ALL 'activists' and 'intellectuals' will be among the first to be 'disappeared' - and that includes the conspiracy skeptics - who don't even believe in such things.

Duncan

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

yep +1

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hmm... This reminds of the hurricane Katrina coverage:

* A white person stealing food from the shops is 'finding food'

* A black person stealing food from the shops is 'looting'

If things were that bad, like a societal breakdown, I'd imagine you'd have to worry more about other people and not just state forces coming to raid your stash.

If an army still existed and knocked on your door, I'd think things would be 'working' well enough at least. Still, if I had a food stash, I'd want to keep it away from everyone else too.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Gov/army/looters/forigien invader/ect. Aint going to get my food, my weapons, or other things I have stocked up on, because I have special hiding places for all of that, and if they get one of my caches. I will have plenty of others to last along time.

Anyways I only have about 3 days worth of suplies in each cache so it wont last them along time.

And If it comes to the point where they get all of my suplies which I doubt. I have enough knowledge to live off the land. So I think I'm all good when it comes to food.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I am willing to dog food (which I also have stockpiled) to stay alive if I have to. And I kind of doubt they will take my dog food. (Unless they plan on redistributing dog food to dogs:lol

[edit on 8-5-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Take your real food stash, such as your canned/jarred foods, freeze dried products, and your seeds and your supplies for growing a garden and HIDE THEM. Take some military MRE's, and leave them in the most obvious place you can think of, like right in the kitchen or the first thing you see when you look in your basement.

The military HATES when civilians have their MRE's. If they took your military MRE's for redistribution, they would go back to the military goon squads enforcing the martial law and not to the innocent civilians. This applies to MILITARY MRE'S ONLY, not the civilian ones that you find in every survival store. (Having these in your possession to begin with is of questionable legality, so beware.)

So.. just get a syringe and inject some ricin - a milligram will do - into each and every one of those MRE's. You live, the enforcers of darkness die. Don't use civilian MRE's, they don't care who has those. They might give them to somebody you like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join