It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ProTo Fire Fox Additions To TinWiki.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I thought it ould be easier to just have one topic that i could add to instead of making a new topic everytime i add a little bit. So what ive done today so far ....

Ive changed Time Travel from a stub to a nice shaped article. Put in 3 more paragraphs, picture and some external links.

Last night i finished off the Hercules article. So that should be ok now. But i would like to add in one of those tables at the top where you can click to a certain bit of the article, but i dont know how.

Ive added in a good picture of Perseus on the Perseus article. So thats that one finshed no i guess. Ill clean up some stubs now to fill in some time. carnt think of what else to put up.

Fox

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ive added a little bit on Barack Obama no where near as much as i wanted to but hey, as the great and boutyful TESCO's says "Every little Helps".

Fox

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Posted a small article on Hillary Clinton. Got a picture, some ats links, external links, catrgorie'd it and i think its all done now.

Fox

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Fox,

Nice work. I like that you're starting to put the images at the very top. If the image relates to the main topic of the article, then keeping it at the beginning of the article is good. I also noticed you put in category codes to some good categories. Very nice.

Some style comments: I would encourage you to not use the horizontal lines, but instead use plain blank lines to separate paragraphs. Also feel very free to use real headers, like you do with the links sections (don't be modest :-). Lastly, you can add a list of Sources (make a header called something like "Sources" or "References"). Keep it up.

Optimist

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Damn i want to post on TinWiki, but i carnt think of what to post up... Maybe a John McCain bit since theres a good topic on the go about him right now... Dont know...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wormhole* Clean it up, add pictures, links, title and sort out information
Hillary Clinton *needs some more information
Barack Obama
Time Travel *Double check information and spelling
Black Holes * Clean it up, add pictures, links, title and sort out information
hercules and the 12 labours
Perseus *Needs Picture Added
Proxima Centuari
Untraceable *Spelling, Links and more information.
Chillingham Castle *Needs Picture
Clones
Cerberus
Building 8
WereWolves
Helium -3 *Needs Work Doing To It
John McCain *New

I've decided that instead of adding something all the time ill sort out my old...messes, and then start adding new ones...articles that is, not messes

Fox

[Edit - Ive removed the colors off the ones that i have corrected.]

[edit on 14-5-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Fox, you are doing a great job! If you need some ideas of what to write about, check out the wanted pages section on tinWiki:

LINK

That can give you some ideas of what to write. Also, what I find helpful in coming up with ideas of subjects to write about is to cruise the forums, read about certain subjects and be inspired by them. There are literally thousands of subjecs that can be written about. Also, if you want, you can improve articles that are already written, either with basic formatting issues or adding information to them. There are many stubs that can fit into this last category rather nicely. And as some members have pointed out, there are areas that are in need of repair, such as the 9-11 category.

Edit to fix the link

[edit on 5-14-2008 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wormhole *100% Fixed
Hillary Clinton *100% Fixed
Barack Obama
Time Travel *100% Fixed
Black Holes *100% Fixed
hercules and the 12 labours
Perseus *100% Fixed
Proxima Centuari
Untraceable *100% Fixed
Chillingham Castle *100% Fixed
Clones
Cerberus
Building 8
WereWolves
Helium -3 *100% Fixed
John McCain *New

Wanted Pages -

1984 *New
F.B.I *New (Stub)

Fixed, ill start doing some of the pages that you would like created.

Fox

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Fox,

Congratulations on some very nice initiatives you have taken lately, and on the good work.
Some minor style input: All tinWiki articles should begin with a full sentence that immediately describes the object named in the title. Example of a correct first sentence: "Hillary Rodham Clinton is a junior United States Senator from New York." On a side note, in biographies, it's a common practice to put the birth and death dates inside parantheses immediately after the name of the person.

All through a tinWiki article, each new sub-topic in the article gets a proper header (formatting: put the header on its own line, put two equal signs to the left and two equal signs to the right of the header). New sub-topics (sub-sub-topics) under a sub-topic, get their own proper lower-level header (formatting: three equal signs instead of two). Horizontal rules (divider lines) should basically not be used. And a final such input, that's more a policy thing than it is about style, I guess, is that all images used should be added to the image description page. Here are the adding instructions (pasted in from that page):

1. To add an image please click here.
2. Enter an image title as the subject/headline.
3. Place the image URL in the field.
4. Write the image's copyright status below URL.
5. Enter further description you may want to include.
6. Be sure to finish your message with your signature by typing ~~~~ or by using the signature button in the editing toolbar.

This is some input that I came to think of when looking at some of the articles you have contributed. Keep up the good work. You have definitely improved tinWiki lately.

Optimist

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Added Jesse Ventura *New

Sorry that its a bit late, but i have'nt been on AboveTopSecret or TinWiki.org for a while, ill start posting alot again now. I hope its all going good here. seems to be busy which is always good.

Fox

[edit on 9-6-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wanted Pages -

Universe *New

As I said a little while back, since im finding it hard to think of things to make I am going to start doing the The Wanted Pages. I hope to be doing around about 5 a day from Monday too Friday, then I will be Happy if i can get even 1 done on the weekend; I prefer to play on the weekends then work.

So since ive just fisnhed Universe, i guess that this means that there is only ... 1,260 more wanted topics left; this should be intresting.

Take Care You'll, Fox

[edit on 9-6-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Andromeda *New
Evil *New

Two new pages both form the wanted section so far.

Fox

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Marilyn Monroes' Death *New

I did't write as much as i was hoping for, but I think I managed to round it up into a nice little article, maybe even boarder line stub.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Secret Handshakes *New

Ive just added this new article, but it is rather small; im not sure how much that i can post on it. I got a Photo, Paragraph, Links and the Category on.

Fox

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Wanted Pages - Error

On the wanted pages list,

#431 the requested page is Worm Hole. A wormhole page already exists, it is located here.

#1240 the requested page is Clone. A clones page already exists, it is located here.

Fox

[edit on 10-6-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Osama bin Laden *New

I thought I'd bring Osama to our happy little TinWiki

Fox

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
1 Anunnaki *No longer a stub

I added in a bit more information about the movie, mainly some cast and crew info. I think that there is now enough information for it to be classified out of the standard 'stub' category, but if not please correct.

Fox

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
A-12 *No longer a stub

I have a problem with this and it needs te attention of WOS or Optimus, maybe even both. The statistics part of that article is a direct copy and paste from wikipedia. The stats are what i wass looking for, they were all there together so i copy and pasted instead of getting the info by its self. the info is what i wa slooking for, all its just what we would of had anyway, but i know that we do have rules on C&P, so what you think ? So please take a look and tell me weather to take it down or too leave it there.

Fox

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
AIDS *No longer a stub

Added alot of info about AIDS, some links, picures and so on.

Fox

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join