It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

complete 1-year emergency food package

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Anyone ever bought the complete 1-year emergency food package from Pleasant Hill Grain? This looks ideal for putting in your storm seller or basement for a rainy day.

Link

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

how much is a years supply? it looks like quality stuff.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It looks like they share the same mother company as walton feed, where I ordered the 2-month package of 6 cases of dried food to supplement my MRE stash.
It's taking a long time to fill the order by the home office, though, about a month and still waiting to ship.

I hope it's good stuff, but I won't know until TSHTF.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

I'm not sure yet I just stumbled across the site yesterday. I think I'm going to buy the sample package for $9 and see what its all about. It looks like you have to call and get details about pricing.

I'm curious about the 2 month supply price myself.

Update: Security FoodPak 1 >> Just $1229.00 plus shipping. No Sales Tax*!

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Digital_Reality]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
about 250 plus 50 shipping for the 2 month

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot209th

Thats not a bad price for a 2 month supply of food for 1 person or a 1 month for 2 people. I spend like $200 a week for me and my family.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

From the link:

Just $1229.00 plus shipping.

Seems like a convenient way to get your supplies.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm sure you can go to Sam's and buy a 2 month supply of goods but the fact that this food is made to be more nutritional and stores for a long time is the key factors.

I think I'm going to spring for the 2 month supply for hurricane season.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
source
Looks like the price for a one year supply for 1 person is $1229.00 plus shipping.

The sample pack looks like a good idea to try before you buy.

They also mention to call ahead for shipping times from date of order on this same page.

I remember a childhood friends dad buying a big order of canned rations like this, about 30 years ago.

Wonder if he ever ate it yet.

Peace

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Another bonus is that MRE's tend to aggravate my Acid Reflux really bad and this food looks to be all natural with fruits and veggies. Much easer on the stomach.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I just called to ask about the shelf life and they said it was 20 years or more.

I don't think you would have to worry about wasting your money on food that will not last.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
this is impressive stuff! good find. the food pack 3 is what caught my eye. $600 bucks for a basic year supply. I see that as 6 months for 2 people which is perfect. You could eat one of these meals a day and for other meals that day, you could use your own means to get food (hunt, fish). Do something along those lines to increase the longetivity of your food supply.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That doesn't seem like a bad idea for a one year supply of food. Looks rather good too.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'd rather buy the Vacuum Food Sealer and do it myself. Of course you might need a Dehydrator too. But after you seal your food and store it, you just have to buy more food and bags.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
we dont seem to have this kind of service in the uk, and im sure if we did it would be double the price at least, im gonna have a good look through the site and see if they ship to uk, thanks

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'd hate to see shipping costs on 802lbs...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Me too!
You guys across the pond have the survivalist deal made man!

I'm from the UK and so far the prognosis for stockpiling food here is an expensive one. Food has gone up in price so....
I'm checking wholesalers for the cheapest 24 hour Army Ration Packs (tend to be the best all in one meal going) but nothing as yet.
Without raving too much the 24 Rat pack as it is nicknamed in the forces has all kinds of goodies and food in it.
3 boil in the bag meals, biscuits, sweets and chocolate plus tissue/toilet paper.
Often you'd have stuff left over for the next day!
Army Rations are available on fleabay but the price is about $18 incl postage for 1 pack!
Which works out to roughly £3300 $6600 for 1 years supply alone!
That's a lot, also via fleabay you can't buy in bulk and may get hit for VAT on top as well!
Rip-off Britain? It sure is!

A possible alternate is Oatmeal or Ready Brek. It keeps for about 5 years or so and you just add water/milk and you're ready to eat!
a 500g pack costs only about £2 + delivery = £10 or $20 but will last about 2-3 days if consuming that as your staple. It's a boring food (add sugar and its ok) but has plenty of vitamins. Plus its famous for being the staple that Scotsmen and Highlanders carried about for meals on the move when out and about.
Some of your water supply will go into preparing the meals so I'd need to make allowances for that.
I think I might have to go with this option if the army rations deal falls through.
(500g / 3 = 166, 166 x 365 = 61k g, 61000 / 500 = 121.
121 boxes x £10 = 1210 or $2420 per year.

Of course there's the opportunity that you may be able to forage and aquire food other ways to alleviate this.

join