It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the protest songs?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Did I hear someone say Rage Against the Machine?
One of my favorite bands, can't get enough of 'em.

Testify

Sleep Now in the Fire

Just a few good ones

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

[edit on 12/5/2008 by Zeus187]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
DO NOT WATCH THIS!!!
IT IS GOVERNMENT MIND CONTROL...

Flobots - Handlebars

The music corporations are now attempting to create music, which speaks to the more ''Patriotic'' americans (Conspiracy theorists.) But have only created a terrible song that displays downright obvious brainwashing technique. (Create a song that sounds fun and nice, then add killing and genocide too confuse the mind.)

Just like this one...

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SONG!!!
It will make you want to kill people.. (children especialy!)
Im not a brainwashing expert...
But i know what it feals like...
and THATS BRAINWASHING..

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Immortal Technique is making some fantastic political hip-hop right now... a lot of it has a conspiracy theory flavor to it, too.
youtube.com...

Defiance, Ohio is a really good anti-capitalist folk-punk band. All their stuff is available for free download:
defianceohio.terrorware.com...

Check out the songs "New World Order" and "Lambs at the Slaughter" from their album The Great Depression.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I like Rage Against The Machine and Immortal Technique for all my revolutionary moments. Really emotional though provoking music.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If "RAGE" was so honestly political..
then why do the music corps push thier stuff?

Heres some honest music for you, aimed at assassination..
Saul Williams - Trigger

If there is an Illuminati..

Is there a head?

And if so, why cant someone shoot him already..

This will create for a better circumstance..
A Dominno effect that will change the world forever...
Take out the head..
Im sure that another, will take over..
But we can just kill him too..

This is way better than the RAID AREA 51 idea..

yuh! G.I.JOE!!!!!!! American HERO!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.newswithviews.com...

SCARLET IS OUR COLOR

By Jim R. Schwiesow

May 12, 2008
NewsWithViews.com

Time is fleeting and every second, minute, hour and day hurtles this nation closer to a time of retribution, a time so horrific that the mind cannot comprehend the magnitude of the fiery fury that will descend upon this nation and the people in it. The Eternal is moving against this country with purpose and terrible resolve, like small fingers of flame the preliminary pestilences signal a rapidly advancing holocaust.

The worst of heathen have come to possess the offices of our government, the halls of our institutions and the minds of our people. The land is in the terminal stages of a great spiritual disease. We are an adulterous people and a scarlet A has been emblazoned upon our land.

With regularity one hears it parroted that God’s blessings are upon this nation, those who give lip service only to the God of all creation continually wring their hands in despair over the removal of God from our coins, prayer from our schools and the Ten Commandments from our public institutions. One can only wonder where these same people were when sexual perversity and the teaching of social filthiness invaded our schools. Where were they when derelict and avaricious politicians and government agents incrementally and systematically dismantled the Constitution and destroyed the individual liberties of the people? Under what rock were they hiding when the killing of live babies was sanctioned and a host of soul killing perversions were institutionalized?

Why would a supposed God-fearing people allow such to come to pass? The truth is that the more than one-half of the people of this country who call themselves Christian, a great majority of which are ashamed to utter the name of Jesus Christ in public, have done more spiritual damage than the totality of the non-religious, the atheists and the agnostics who reside in the country.

[snip] “How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. Revelation 18:7-8” End of Quote

I don't know about you, but this sounds to me as if the Red Sea is about to crash over our heads.

Am I wrong?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
True patriotism is knowing when to end a government..
All patriotic acts, were done durring a revolution..

Brutality is a Survival trait..
Genocide is acceptable, as long as it is them, and not us..
Assassination is all we have...
So Kiss the children, for tomorrow they die..

And so..

Some music videos which i think you will enjoy..

Fear factory- edgecrusher

KMFDM-Megalomaniac

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiveStarCeleb
If "RAGE" was so honestly political..
then why do the music corps push thier stuff?

They were not pushed because of thier lyrics, they were pushed because they were the best heavy rock band available, the next best thing since metallica. Zac sounds like crap live anyway, his lyrics are mostly synthisised.

The lyrics were in a relm of thier own. and they were not pushed, in fact if you roll down on this page en.wikipedia.org... (dont know how to do the inserty thingy) and look for Rage agains the Machine, you will notice that all of thier songs were banned from clear channel, they are the only ones on that list that have "all songs" listed.

As soon as the bigwigs had thier oportunity, Zac was ousted and replaced with Chris Cornell (soundgarden) renamed to Audio Slave, and were majorly pushed....right into the gutter.

Im sure they will reunite eventually, but it doesnt matter, what needed to be done has been done, nice try though.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I just listened to Rage on the Radio. Its not been blocked..

Why would WIKI lie?
I think WIKI is up to something..
Maybe trying to add too the mystic of Rage Against the Machine.
Why would they do this?

Does any government have anything to gain, by creating a band
that is anti government in america?

"Sure."

Russia, China, Europe, Japan...
So maybe its one of those countrys that are pushing it.

"YAY!"

And do I have to show a picture of "RAGE" promoteing communist
symbology? "YEP!"

So now I really hope they get back together.....
I guess having more people look at the government with watchful eyes,
can be a good thing. Keeps them from doing anything, against us citizens..

Not that China cares..

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic
reply to post by Karlhungis

www.youtube.com...

We are the world, we are the children. .... There's a choice we're making ...

Ermm...you ARE being sarcastic right?? Living up to your name huh?

Heh!

J.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
OK - here's a few of my fave protest songs..

Don't forget, it's the lyrics that really count.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy.

J.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sarcastic

What has this cr*p got to do with protest music exactly??

Am I missing something here - or are you just using this thread to push some kind of wierd right wing christian malarky??

J.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FiveStarCeleb

They are not blocked in my city either, mostly US airwaves, it was a list of Clear Channels block. Clear Channel is the largest radio station holder in the US, over 1200 stations. Before a couple of months ago it owned over 40 t.v. stations as well.

Like i said in a earlier post. The fox 99.3 plays rage at least once a day, and for good reason, everything they speak of is what we need to see going on around us, any other kind of music right now counts as filler to me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join