It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts Come From Space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm going to tell you a story then I'll start the fishing...

I knew a girl in a small town I used to live in that told me a story about a person she had met... She told me this guy was far out and what he talked about really blew her mind... I was very interested to say the least, so I asked if we could meet him... There is a hot springs in Burgdorf, they have some small cabin's and a pool and such, pretty nice, but real back woods... Just to give you an idea of what it was like... We decided to take a trip to Burgdorf and see if the guy was around... It is about 10:30pm, dark and chilly, little rainy actually... We take the back roads and finally arrive at the hot springs... We swim and warm up in the pool for a bit, no lights whatsoever, completely dark... Then we see what looks like a candle, turns out it is and it's the guy she was talking about.. I was pretty stoked to hear what he had to say based off what my girlfriend told me... Anyway, to make a super long story short and more to the point, as he was talking he kept saying that thoughts come from space... That people don't get ideas for themselves... That we transmit our thoughts to others and vise versa...

If you really think about that, even though it's rather deep, try not to take it too literal either, but let me give you an example of what I think he meant... I always liked to draw inventions when I was a kid, still do... One thing I've noticed is everything I thought of as a kid has been invented and produced in one form or another... It really sucks because I thought of those things way before those people did... But I was a kid so whatever... But haven't you ever noticed that sometimes thoughts just pop into your head...? Or even how you can tell someone is thinking of you? Have you ever known the phone was going to ring before it did and know who was on the other line before you answered? Can you sense the mood in a room full of people? I know I have, plenty of times... So maybe, just maybe we are all hooked into a huge network and we sometimes share thoughts with like minded individuals...

And maybe, just maybe, if taken a bit further, when someone thinks of something which "makes sense" maybe it's not coming directly from them, but from someone or somewhere else???

Deep I know...

I mean to me this makes sense, I've experienced it first hand... I know others have as well...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Oh yeah I've experienced the same thing many, many times. Great ideas would pop up then later someone invented or sell the same thing. Sometimes I would see a part of a movie, then later I saw the same thing. This is nothing new actually.

Many great thinkers and inventors have come up with the same ideas at the same time. For example, Newton and Leibniz invented Calculus at the same time.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by itisibrian

That's crazy, there has got to be something going on, some sort of exchange in ideas...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
David Bohm and Karl Pribram came up with their versions of the Holographic theory independently of each other. Then they later found out about the similarities.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Sounds like that guy has been hitting the acid a bit too hard.

Thoughts don't just pop in to your head - they've been circulating around in your subconscious, and when they're ready, they're elevated to your conscious. It might seem like they just popped in, but they've been there for a while.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have 2 theories why I think this happens.

Theory 1:

- Your ideas are due to realizations, or certain new perceptions you've attained, and once you're 'aware' of those concepts, you can perceive them (seeing them everywhere, same ideas/thoughts you just had). Think of it as not knowing what HOT is, until you perceive cold. Once you do that, you know what hot is like.

Using this analogy, the idea you had didn't exist previously, and until you became aware of it, you couldn't see it around you, because you couldn't perceive it.

Theory 2:

- Goes back to the 'universal is a colossal brain' theory, which is posted on ATS here.
- You thought of an idea resonated with someone else, somewhere else. If the universal is like a colossal brain, then we're just neurons, and similar neurons make connections. Doesn't mean they have to be physical connections. They can be virtual, or logical.

We know if we put a tuning fork in pitch of C, and then play the note of C right next to the fork, it will resonate. Who's to say thoughts can't do the same, but as this topic mentions, over vast distances?

Great topic

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We pray to God. does he get them,
OK so if he gets them over vast distances , we should be able to transmit to other peaple as well .

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nofnak

We have to assume the following, in order:

1. God exists
2. He can hear our prayers
3. Other people can "receive" as well as "transmit"

Only then could we possibly transmit thoughts to each other. But, considering people have been trying for hundreds of years and not one has succeeded, it's not looking good.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I have two words for you, ElectricUncleSam:

Rupert Sheldrake.

Or:

Carl Gustav Jung.

Which makes five words... but researching them would really be worth your while, believe me.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Sounds like that guy has been hitting the acid a bit too hard.

Thoughts don't just pop in to your head - they've been circulating around in your subconscious, and when they're ready, they're elevated to your conscious. It might seem like they just popped in, but they've been there for a while.

Yep, that's what I was thinking too, but doesn't mean what he was saying didn't have some validity... Some times, actually a lot of times some of the best minds come up with some of the best "stuff" when they are on drugs of some kind... I'm sure the dude was tripping when we saw him... He was far out...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I have two words for you, ElectricUncleSam:

Rupert Sheldrake.

Or:

Carl Gustav Jung.

Which makes five words... but researching them would really be worth your while, believe me.

cool I will for sure... Thanks for telling me! Star for you!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I don't understand why you people keep talking about "vast distances". There is no such thing as distance, seperation is an illusion. Only the design of the matter and the light it captures is what you see. Everything else is connected by energy that you don't see. In the end all matter is the same substance (electic energy), so we are all ONE. We are all the same being. I would like to say we are sub-thoughts of God.

At an atomic scale for example, you and I are touching physicaly. The atoms that make my skin are touching the atoms of air. The air atoms are connected through the entire surface of Earth. Since your skin is touching air, and my skin is touching air, technicaly we are all physicaly connected.

The problem though is that air is an "Insulator". This means that electicity runs better through metal (wires) then it does through air (wireless), but it still runs through because metal and air are both made of electric atoms.

When you know and realize that everything is just a cloud of energy, you should open your eyes and imagine it all as just that. Everything, including the air is just a haze of clumps of energy. EVERYTHING. That means we, including everything in the universe, are the same object.

The guy was right, we DO get ideas from "out there". But, those ideas are already ours, because we are all the same haze of energy in the universe, we are all ONE.

Actually, im technicaly talking to myself right now. When you read this, you are actually listening to yourself. HELLO ME!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I have to agree with a lot of what you say... God made us to experience himself... I think that pretty much sums up what you said...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This is an interesting thread and I have enjoyed reading the responses.

I only wonder about this, if what you propose is true, then what about mass murderers? Child molesters? People who come up with war plans?

Are they getting thoughts for things like this from outerspace, too?

ALLisONE: I shudder to think I am the same object as the examples I listed above. Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by nofnak

1. God exists

Only then could we possibly transmit thoughts to each other. But, considering people have been trying for hundreds of years and not one has succeeded, it's not looking good.

I love what you said nofnak! I'm not religious (don't go to church) but I do believe in a god of some kind. I have prayed many many times and my prayers have always been answered. Praying works! I wonder if we all prayed for peace if it would make a difference in the world?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

I only wonder about this, if what you propose is true, then what about mass murderers? Child molesters? People who come up with war plans?

ALLisONE: I shudder to think I am the same object as the examples I listed above. Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Ya know electric, that is a very good question. Thinking about the answer I came up with...maybe criminal minds connect with each other in the same way good minds connect. Criminality usually breeds criminality and their horrible thots may all collide in space and give each mind a new criminal vitality sought for...like "birds of a feather".

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

If you go to my profile, a friend posted 4 links to videos he made for me that will answer this question for you, but to give you and idea on how the "dark side" works, everything that happens or is thought of at the top of the pyramid, NWO in other words, Illuminati etc, flows down the levels and resonates in all the members... Some don't even know this happens or why they think crazy thoughts, like raping small boys and killing etc.. Since the person who is speaking in the videos was once former high level illuminati I think he is 91st degree mason to be more specific... He has a good idea of what goes on in the upper levels... Watch the videos and pay attention and you'll see what I'm talking about...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by paisley101

reply to post by nofnak

1. God exists

I love what you said nofnak! I'm not religious (don't go to church) but I do believe in a god of some kind. I have prayed many many times and my prayers have always been answered. Praying works! I wonder if we all prayed for peace if it would make a difference in the world?

Yes if every person believed the same thing and somehow organized a mass prayer it could literally change the world... You might find interesting "the power of perception" as it's called among other things... Some studies have been conducted... But it's basically the same idea, where a number of people meditate on one thought to do something or help someone or whatever and it happens... The more people you have in tune the better it works I would imagine...

Power of Perception info.
More info...

If you do a search for power of perception you'll find these links and many others if you are really interested in this... Hope this helps you out...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I feel that the thoughts, beliefs, and ideas that we construct in our heads most of the time are created from environmental influences. I don't necessarily mean from books, televisions, or music, while I admit they do play a major role.

However it doesn't have to always be those things that brings about great ideas and revolutionary thoughts, the best thoughts and ideas comes from the individual personal interactions with his environment and his people, where he grew up, the people he grew up around, and the type of interaction he had with those people are the things influence would his ideas and beliefs about the world and himself.

His ideas and beliefs is that of his own, part of his revolution, part of his growth and while he may not be the first person in the world to come up with it, he's also won't be the last. His ideas and beliefs arose independently, but that doesn't mean others can't reach the same conclusion as him. Under the right environment and influences, anyone can come up with the same idea. The only things that separates the two individual who may have the same idea is distance and time.

Now regardless of what I said, I feel that thoughts can be shared, minds can be connected, and possibly be shared across distance and time. I know its possible, I had sporadic telepathic experiences with my sisters. Had occurrences where my friends and I said the sentence and lines at the same time. I believe in a global consciousness, and I believe we are all connected to it.

Now to my final saying: Why do I feel this way about this topic? Because this is my conclusion was based on my experience. And while I never met any of you guys, nor talked to you guys, I'm sure we may same the same idea. Ideas and thoughts that came from personal experiences, ideas and thoughts that comes form supplemental resources. But I will admit, I learn there is nothing wrong with sharing informations and ideas, because it could be the things that we learn from others that lay the foundation for new ideas, or help use bridged together others ideas, bringing forth more ideas.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

Scientists are also finding that the makeup of the brain of murderer's and criminals is different than someone who is docile or not a criminal... I think our own brain physiology can contribute to this factor of negative thoughts as well... And we all know where genetic makeup comes from, genes.. Passed on down the line... A good movie that shows exactly what I'm talking about is Mr. Brooks...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join