It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Without Bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Hinduism is predated by Babylonianism. Both are predated by the faith of Noah.

I actually find this hard to believe. Not to mention "Babylonianism" isn't really even practiced anymore, so I also have trouble seeing the relevance. They were "pagans."

I'm not prepared to make the case to you, but for what it's worth, I've read books before that were able to convince me at length that India is much more ancient than currently believed, and that civilization flourished South of India in times before a global catastrophe. You may have come across some seemingly bizarre threads here at ATS, mentioning how ancient Indian epics appear to speak of weapons that sound uncannily modern in their abilities, including aircraft controlled from the ground, and what may have been nuclear weapons. These are others' words, not mine, and you could look hard into it yourself if you really wanted. Like I said, I am not personally prepared to make the case right now.

Ancient ruins have also been found in the Indian Ocean south of the tip of India (where it is already known scientifically that a significant, if not the most active tectonic plate movement is still occurring to this day), underwater, similar to the ancient ruins found off the coasts of Japan that pre-date civilization as we know it there.

The Hindu creation accounts match much of the Tenach (or Jewish Old Testament).

Truly many religions overlap. Zeus, Jupiter, Anu, etc., even Persia had their equivalent of the pantheon of Greek/Babylonian/Sumerian/Roman gods.

The Sumerians were "pagan" but the creation epic and the story of the flood comes originally from them.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
.. I would believe Him to be deeply loving. On a level we can't even comprehend...

Wow, now that's faith!! I am humbled.

One God, many religions. Yes, Eagle, our ancestors could only fathom a God from what they knew of Life around them. Jesus, the Buddha and other "enlightened" humans, humans who "saw the Light", tried to tell us that any human is capable of seeing the Light. In fact Jesus said to let our Light shine.

As I got older, I got to think of God this way, that God is like a large loaf of yeast dough, and we, as made in the image of God, are little bits of the same dough, ready to grow on our own but still being from the Original Dough.

God is not separate from man. The Kingdom of God is within. We are all like Jesus, God experiencing this World, this existence.
Man does horrible things to fellow man, when man forgets he has the Kingdom of God inside. It's all about The Light in each and every one of us.

So, continue to Love. Love yourself, love others, love your enemies.

Namaste, or as Jesus would have said, we are all brothers and sisters.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

whats true and whats not?
get yourself a companion bible by dr. bullinger-----in the side notes and the appendixes are listed every know verse that has been added to, taken away from or altered by the"scholars" that thought they knew better than the prophets of G-D and the disciples of the Messiah that were used by G-D to write down the origional texts.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It seems everyday I wake up, I have advanced in my thinking. Or at least progressed or maybe even made a parallel move. *shrugs*

Since I wrote this, I have thought about it a lot. And to be honest, I don't think I need the bible. Nor do I think I should call God Jehovah. I think the problem is that I wanted to believe in the Christian God, but without the book that He "created". And I basically have come to believe you can't have one without the other.

However... I do worship Love. I adore Love, and I walk in Love. If Love is God's other name, then perhaps I have made a full circle. But the bible has lots of intelligent things to say, but then allows Paul to speak his own personal thoughts; i.e- women should have long hair, and not speak in church. Men should have short hair. No jewelry, etc. So if one man was allowed to put his thoughts and personal views in.. how many others did?

My point:
we don't need to worship the bible. If you want the wisdom found within, it lies in one simple truth: LOVE. Be kind to all. Respect them. Love them. You may not have to like all that they do, but don't do something to them you wouldn't want done right back to you. Love is our Guide. At least... it is mine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join