It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Seeking to Keep Afghanistan Unstable! : U.S. Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Iran Seeking to Keep Afghanistan Unstable! : U.S. Official

rawstory.com

Iran is seeking to keep Afghanistan weak and unstable, delivering arms to the Taliban whilst ostensibly supporting Kabul's government, a senior US state department official said in Paris Tuesday.

"They (Iran) interfere in a variety of different ways, perhaps not as violently as they do sometimes in Iraq," Richard Boucher, assistant secretary of state for south and central Asia, told reporters at a press conference.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
LOL...So now the masters of propaganda and brainwashing want to blame Iran for the problems in AFGHANISTAN...Is there maybe a few more countries you can tie them into creating problems with? Maybe Somalia? I suppose they're arming them too.

These guys are so desperate to start the ball rolling on their next profiteering venture its becoming pathetic...

"They have funnelled some weapons to the Taliban, they seem kind of working with everybody to be hedging their bets, or just looking... like they want weakness or instability in Afghanistan more than anything else."

Boucher told reporters that "several shipments" of weapons from Iran to the Taliban had been intercepted.

"I'm not sure they (Tehran) want to see the Taliban win, but I don't think they want the government to establish good control either. I think they are just trying to hedge their bets and keep everything fluid."

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I hear they are responsible for the housing bubble as well. When will these monsters stop?!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Didnt Iran offer assistance to help fight the taliban immediatley after 911?
Prior to 911, I thought Iran was against the Taliban, often shelling them?

Iran relies on Afghanistan for alot of its drugs.
a friend of mine who was in the Iranian Army during the gulfwar, has told me stories about how the broder patrols watching iran/afghanistans border would be ordered to stop and arrest any civilians or minor merchants carrying drugs across.

BUT, every now and then convoys of heavily armed SUV's with soliders manning the mounted guns would pull up from afghanistan, and be allowed through.. no questions asked.

Any Iranian meddling in Afghanistan would limit this flow of drugs, and AID America.. afterall, the drug money helps the militia's

It seems America ARE looking for a scapegoat in Iraq and Afghanistan, as the Iranian leader said...

Im sure its not the only reason we are blaming Iran, just a bonus.

How many iranian made mortars are going to turn up in Kabul this year?..

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You know, I think I saw Iranians beating monks in Tibet; and I think I saw
Iranians giving out bogus home mortgages; and some were making storms
in Myanmar; and they even caused a bunch of earthquakes & eruptions
lately...

No, seriously, you're right, DD- any excuse to program us into justifying
war with Iran. Reminds me of 'Cheech & Chong's Next Movie' , when
Pee-Wee Herman was a hotel clerk, and was on the phone, begging the
cops to come quickly, because of trouble...but they wouldn't believe him; ;
So he suddenly blurts out: "I think they're IRANIAN" , , , and ALL the
cops on earth started swarming the place!!!

It was back in 1979? I think, when the American Embassy in Iran was
taken over, and Americans were held captive for 444 days, so we tended
to not like them very much!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
LMAO! Todays "blame Iran as the bad guy" theme now focuses them as potential baddies in LATIN AMERICA...All I can do is just scratch my head in disbelief anymore at how blatant and desperate these people are to get this going...It's completely transparent.

U.S. sees Iran as Potential threat in Latin America

"And we urge their intelligence services and their police services to monitor this activity with great care, because we do not want Iran to become a factor of violence within the Americas," Shannon said.

Full Story:
rawstory.com...

new topics

top topics

join