It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Beat the Matrix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

How To Beat the Matrix

georgewashington2.blogspot.com

The main problem isn't that we are up against superior forces. In actuality, the American people outnumber the anti-American imperialists by millions to one.

The main problem is that most people are asleep, and don't even realize that our flag-waving leaders are hell-bent on taking away our freedoms, our options and our money.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
George Washington is a respected blogger in the 9/11 truth community. I liked this analogy. How can we "wake up" from "The Matrix"??? Suggestions??

"In other words, it is not just a battle in the world of action, or even an infowars between truth and disinformation, but also a battle between awareness and hypnotized fantasy . . . a battle between consciousness and unconsciousness."

"Or you can use a more direct approach, one which also bypasses the dreamer's defense mechanisms. For example, you could put the following message on buttons, stickers, flyers, posters, freeway blogs, websites and all other possible media:

Wake up.
You're dreaming.
America is being taken over by fascists.

Whatever approach you take, the task is to remind the people around you that they are asleep and in danger, and that safety lies in waking up."

georgewashington2.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
My avatar is not by coincidence. We truly are living in a matrix of sorts. The world we have been conditioned and brainwashed to believe hides a more sinister and suppressional overtone. We are indoctrinated from a very young age to assimilate certain data---Data which is often heavily filtered and "stacked" in order to shape the direction of our thoughts and belief systems. It happens over the course of our young lives, into adulthood, and for many it continues their entire existences. Some 'feel' that something is not quite right with the picture and reality they've been conditioned to believe, and they awaken from it to percieve a much different reality. They are no longer asleep and oblivious to it.

I was once one of the sleepwalkers.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here is a video by Michael Parenti.

Google Video Link

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
As long as the sleepwalkers are not affected personally and they can go about their daily lives playing on computers and TV’s nothing is ever going to change!!

I believe everyone can see how easy it is to be hooked on text messages rather than personal conversations. I’m not, but I’m much older and grew up with line phones. However our children today text everything. On top of this computers is their main toy. Not just for when their bored they are hooked on it.

Another wards were in trouble. The younger generation just don’t seem to care about much anymore. Their too busy with their electronics. It will get to the point a few generations down the road where they won’t even know how to talk to one another or play baseball or football or any real sports because everything is moving this direction.

Very Sad. The more technology advances, the worse it gets. IMO

edit for spelling

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
double post sorry

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Let's go to the source...a movie that many see as cautionary tale.

Some see as a preparatory indoctrination from the NWO. However few can doubt the impact whether consciously or unconsciouly on many people...

In many ways I identify with Neo and his rude awakening.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

You know, the Wachowski brothers must be some pretty enlightened dudes to come up with the material they have. Matrix and V for Vendetta had some very hard hitting messages, and both were much closer to reality than many are aware of IMO. There are frightening parallels between the films and various aspects of our reality.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This reminds me of an article i read by Joe Bargeant entitled "American Psychosis: The simulacrum Republic". The article argues that the mass media was put in place by the government to control our minds, part of the article reads:

"Americans, rich and poor, now live in a culture entirely percieved through, simulacra- media images and illusions. We live inside a self-referential media hologram of a nation that has not existed for some time now. Our nation is held together by a pale, carbon imprint of the original. The well off with their upscale consumer aesthetic live inside gated disney-esque communities, with gleaming uninhabited front porches, representing some bucolic notion of the great American home and Family. The working class true to its sports culture aesthetics, is a spectator to politics....politics which are so entirely imagistic as to be holograms of a process, not a process. Social Realism is a television commercial for America, a simulcran republic of eagles, church spires, brave young soldiers and heroic firefighters and "freedom of choice" within the hologram. Americas citizens have been reduced to Balkanized consumer units by the corporate states culture producing machinery. We no longer have a country, just a hollow shell of one, a global corporation masquerading electronically and digitally as a nation called the United States. The corporation now animates us from within our very selves through management of the need hierachy in goods and information. Sure there is flesh within the machine, but it's animating force is a viral concept, a meme run amok...Free market capitalism."

I never realised until I read the entire article how much time I wasted glued to the TV...taking in all the advertisments commanding me to consume. No money in the bank account? well then get a credit card and run up some debt just to make you more reliant on the machine. Somewhere along the line our reality got obscured, we no longer care about what is happening in the world so long as we make it home by 8 O'clock to catch Big Brother. Images, words and movies all mould how we percieve ourselves and our world. Free thought is no-longer acceptable in society... in order to fit in one must conform to the will of the masses...the will to consume without question, the desire to improve your own life in spite of others.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It is hard to awake the masses from The Matrix. I get ridiculed every time I try to bring up a conspiracy or sci-fi-like event. All I can do is hope those people see the light one day and seek the truth before its too late.

The masses are comfy where they are. Entertainment industry is making sure people are content and don't ask too many questions. But to some, like us, we've seen what lies beneath the frosting on the cake. How to show others is a good question.

For myself, I do something along the lines of the Star Wars Sith principal -- Master and Apprentice. I have no problems talking to people about conspiracies and "interesting events" that never hit the main stream media. Eventually, these stories catch the interest of a person. I slowly introduce he/she to the idea of conspiracies and "interesting events". Its slow progress and it doesn't work all the time. But it has been more successful than ranting to people in-person or by email. Preaching usually falls on deaf ears.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
That is the most frustrating thing for me too. I am so passionate about the issues I believe in that sometimes I wish that I could get people to see the world through my eyes. There is so much going on just below the surface but people are too blinded to see the truth.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I forgot to add, has anyone read 'Brave New World' by Aldous Huxley?pretty scary stuff.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I woke up by getting rid of my TV.

My indifference to violence in movies, video games, anger, totally ceased.

I can't watch violent anything anymore. It makes me queasy to just sit and watch 2 guys fighting, with lots of blood. Any of the Saw movies now would really creep me out, but when I was in TV-LAND, I couldn't care less.

It's only after I removed all those negative images out of my life, that I saw how it actually affected me.

Someone at work was in shock when I told her I don't have TV. "But what do you do in your spare time????"

I think that question about a perfect example of today's society 'NEEDS' television.

Perhaps waking up from the matrix is a long process, but I am confident the first step is to get rid of the brainwashing, courtesy of television.

apc

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I'm not confident people can be actively woken up. Certainly not as simple as taking a pill. I think it may be a process that if it occurs, it occurs naturally. You would think all that has to happen is for the Government to show themselves for the violent criminals that they are. But we've had a lot of that lately. Doesn't seem to be rocking the boat as much as it should.

Traditionally when enough people have realized the truth of their reality, they gather together and leave, and thus America was born. But now there's nowhere left to go, unless you really like penguins or low gravity. That's what the Free State Project is all about. Making a place to go to once again enjoy freedom from fascism. Maybe if everyone else sees what true liberty is actually like, that will wake them up and rally them against tyranny. Maybe.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The tools for waking people up keep getting better and better! I'd say the best videos we have are Alex Jones' Endgame:

video.google.com...

and Esoteric Agenda:

video.google.com...

Keep telling your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors about these videos. Tell them about websites where they can get REAL news like

www.infowars.com

www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com

www.whatreallyhappened.com

And if they have the time and peace of mind to sit down and read a book about the global conspiracy/world order, send them my new free book! The Atlantean Conspiracy:

www.scribd.com...

top topics

join