It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invading America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Europe has 17 guns per 100 population

Yemen has 30 guns per 100 population

The United States of America has over 100 guns for every 100 population!

America is the most armed country in the entire world!

that would pose a threat to any advancing army

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Heh. If our power infrastructure can be taken down, cutting off power to a huge section of the country, so easily by an "accident," then what makes you guys think America is this big, nigh-invulnerable, machine of war?...

if I cut frozen meals from the markets you would starve....... your not so strong yourself.

Ok. That made....like no sense what-so-ever. Are you implying I eat only TV dinners? Otherwise...I am quite capable of killing my food...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
facts are facts US = most powerfull force the world has ever seen!

here is a little thing to much on, the F-15 Eagle, which was designed in the 60's, has a perfect air to air combat record of 101 kills to 0 losses. ZERO. NADA. NONE! DESIGNED IN THE 60'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In order to get through America, you have to protect yourself from being bombed. In order to do that you have to have air dominance. But you cannot since the US air power is UNMATCHED! If you invade by sea, you run into the power of 10 super carrier battle groups, nuclear submarines, and the US airforce. You have no chance! If you come through the north, you get B-2's, B-1s, AC-130 gunships, and the like blowing you to bits before you can even make it to the first major city. and god help you if you actually put together a major army and group it, cause then we break out the big guns and drop the MOAB bomb (the army refers to it as "the Mother Of All Bombs) because the explosion resembles that of a small nuclear weapon, even though it is a conventional bomb.

And that does not even take into the account that we have the F-22 coming into service - the worlds most advanced aircraft ever designed.

All in all, I'd say you have a better chance of having monkeys fly out of your arse!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
thats true but i heard that europe is gettin a ton of F-35 joint strike fighters...also i think you could get the US to lose if you some how got california to go in a civil war with the US, California contains 45% of USAs advanced weapons systems...then the rest of the world invades from the east coast...oh well, that wont happen ill make sure our govenator stays in line

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
not logistically possible to invade the us. to do so one would need a staging area or would need to float a vast armada to our shores and then keep the force supplied. likewise if we didnt have britian in wwii or staging bases in the middle east for the gulf wars it would have been very hard for us to invade over there.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
USAF is getting more JSF then the rest of the world combined - if my memory serves me right - and that doesnt include the navy or marines!

plus the JSF is not an air 2 air fighter - it is an attack aircraft, and was designed mostly to do air to ground, even though it will have very good A2A capability.

The JSF stealth is akin to the F-117, which was designed in the 70's. The F-22, as it is said, can be right on top of you and you wouldnt know it.

Plus, the US may end up getting the F/B-22!!! This is built on the F-22 platform but would be bigger, and used as a med bomber! link

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join