It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicting a huge earthquake in June 2008

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is being singled out because it is an easy target, the story is insane (the state department flew in!?), the prediction easy to prove wrong, and the entire thread structure is classic hoax start to finish.

I would spend as much time on the Titor thread, but that one is so obliviously debunked now there is nothing new to say.

Stop believing this nonsense that there is some secret gestapo thought police or conspiracy to go after nexusmagazine. He just did a poor job with structuring this one and has a obvious motive. Nobody cares if he publishes a magazine or not beyond the motive. He likes sliding in attacks like cronies, thought police, gestapo and stuff to direct against the calm presentation of facts because he is wrong and has no place else to move.

I know you "want to believe" and all but this entire story is as much fiction as your namesake's.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
I would not spend too much time trying to argue the value of debunking BS predictions to a guy who still believes in the John Titor prediction in July 2008.

Wow, Titor gets angry really easy. I have never seen someone defend a false prediction so much.

Funny in his rant he didnt feel it necessary to answer my question or my example about pandemic flu.

He also didnt address the quotes you took from Nexus where he openly promotes his own publication.

No arguing with belief

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

I would not spend too much time trying to argue the value of debunking BS predictions to a guy who still believes in the John Titor prediction in July 2008.

Wow, Titor gets angry really easy. I have never seen someone defend a false prediction so much.

Funny in his rant he didnt feel it necessary to answer my question or my example about pandemic flu.

He also didnt address the quotes you took from Nexus where he openly promotes his own publication.

No arguing with belief

I would like to thank Mainer and Iamcamouflage for their tireless efforts in promoting my magazine on this thread.

Seriously though guys, give it a rest now - and go get a life!

Duncan

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Seriously though guys, give it a rest now - and go get a life!

Duncan

hear! hear!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Glad to see you finally admit this whole thread was to promote your magazine.

Do you care to answer any of the question I have asked you? Or do you just want to ignore them and attack me for questioning you motives?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Do you care to answer any of the question I have asked you? Or do you just want to ignore them and attack me for questioning you motives?

Once again, for the record:...

- this thread was started so that I could put a prediction into the public domain.
- it was not created to promote my magazine - (you are doing a much better job on that than I am actually, because every time you and Mainer post something, it pushes the thread to the top of the list) I assumed when I posted it that it would contain my entry only, and then just sit on the server - and be a success or a failure.
- you haven't actually asked any reasonable questions - unless you call accusations with question marks, questions.

Once again, I suggest you let the thread die. Better still, go fan that new thread you just started about using predictions to make money - which is something most normal people would call 'gambling' - not marketing.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine

I would like to thank Mainer and Iamcamouflage for their tireless efforts in promoting my magazine on this thread.

This is probably not the thread you want coming up when someone searches out Nexus Magazine. It may have been when you started, but you have been so discredited by this point, a reasonable reader would have to conclude that bunk is your stock in trade.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Once again, for the record:...

- this thread was started so that I could put a prediction into the public domain.
- it was not created to promote my magazine - (you are doing a much better job on that than I am actually, because every time you and Mainer post something, it pushes the thread to the top of the list) I assumed when I posted it that it would contain my entry only, and then just sit on the server - and be a success or a failure.
- you haven't actually asked any reasonable questions - unless you call accusations with question marks, questions.

Once again, I suggest you let the thread die. Better still, go fan that new thread you just started about using predictions to make money - which is something most normal people would call 'gambling' - not marketing.

Duncan

I have asked several reasonable questions and you keep ignoring them. These are not accusations, they are valid questions for someone making claims that they have access to someone who can predict the future. Using fear or predictions to sell a product or service is without a doubt a form of marketing. If you dont believe me, try taking a marketing class or just turn on your televsion. Any intro level marketing class will tell you about fear based marketing and the ethical dilemas that surround this type of business strategy.
Ever catch one of the "we buy gold" commercials? This is prediction based marketing. How many people went out and bought duct tape and plastic sheeting after 9/11. What about the pharmacutical industry selling cholesterol meds and obesity drugs and gastric bypass, based on predictions.

Here are the questions I have asked, not one bit unreasonable for the claims you are making.

-Can you provide any proof that anyone you know has accurately predicted any significant event?

-Did any of these people document any of their predictions on a forum, so the date and time can be verified?

-Could you at least list some examples of these significant events?

-Is it morally right to sell products based on fear predictions?

If your going to make predictions shouldnt you provide evidence of your credibility. I mean that is the least someone should expect from a person claiming to know someone who can predict the future. I have no problem with people making predictions based on science or economics or even just a gut feeling, but its different when you have an agenda and something to sell. I have only attacked your intentions with this thread and asked that you provide some proof that you or your friend have credibility in your predicting. You have failed to provide that and only respond with attacks on my character for calling you out.

I'm sorry but your thread wreaks of self promotion and scam to sell magazines. If you make extraordinary claims you are going to be required to provide that extraordinary evidence and you have not even tried to provide any evidence of knowing people who have predicted significant events. You wont even expand upon those events let alone any prove that they actually predicted them.

If you havent noticed, there are many crazy and extraordinary claims made on this website. And in most, there are posters asking for proof or some kind of evidence to support those claims. And your right anyone can post anything they wish and can make any prediction they want but if you think that you are special and will not be asked to provide some evidence, you are dead wrong. There are many threads that end up getting a [HOAX] label after the OP is unable to provide evidence or it is proven that they are lying. How are you above this criticism?
If it wasnt for people like Mariner, myself and others calling BS on unsubstantiated claims, then this site would have no use at all. If we take every post as fact and do not question the poster to back up their claims, then this site would lose credibility.

I can make all the claims on want but if i cannot back them up in any way then my own credibility will be hurt. That is why i dont go around making up things i cant prove. What good does it do anyone to make things up without evidence to support it. I wouldnt expect anyone to believe me without proof and I am going to hold others to that same standard i hold myself to.

Its very clear that you have been backed into a corner with regards to providing any evidence and its expected from someone making prediction claims because there is no evidence that anyone can accurately or consistantly predict anything. And most prediction threads end up this way, the OP is wrong on the prediction and is unable to ever provide proof for any future predicitons. I'm just surprised that you are still defending your claim and that this thread had nothing to do with promoting your magazine, counter to all the evidence stating otherwise.

But like you said Mariner and I have kept it going, providing you with even more exposure, so maybe you have succeded and we are the fools for falling for your game. So, I will leave this thread where its at as to not provide you with any further promotion.

Well played Nexus, you are the marketing/prediction master

xoxoxo

[edit on 22-7-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Here are the questions I have asked, not one bit unreasonable for the claims you are making.

-Can you provide any proof that anyone you know has accurately predicted any significant event?

-Did any of these people document any of their predictions on a forum, so the date and time can be verified?

-Could you at least list some examples of these significant events?

-Is it morally right to sell products based on fear predictions?snip

But like you said Mariner and I have kept it going, providing you with even more exposure, so maybe you have succeded and we are the fools for falling for your game. So, I will leave this thread where its at as to not provide you with any further promotion.

Big sigh ....

My answers, in order of asking:...

- yes I can provide such proof - but I have no interest in doing so. Why? Because my motive for the OP was to put a prediction into the public domain, made by a friend of mine who has no internet access. I have no interest in the politics of predictions and prophecies, nor with proving that they be right or wrong. I was putting it into the public domain so that it was on the public record. Got it yet???!!!!

- Nobody I know has posted a prediction on the internet that has come true. After the stupid responses by yourself and Mainer (not Mariner as you seem not to be able to read properly at all) - I doubt that many people would want to try their hand at posting predictions on the internet. Talk about facist thought-police - sheeesh!!

- see previous answer

- I don't know whether it is morally right to sell products using fear. That shouldn't even be an issue of relevance here. I do know that most of the insurance industry use it, ditto with the health industry and half the advertising industry. My post was NOT an attempt to use fear to market Nexus Magazine on ATS, and anybody with half a brain can see that for themselves.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Once again, I suggest you let the thread die.

Why let the thread die ?

There's still time for the prediction to come true isn't there ?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Once again, I suggest you let the thread die.

Why let the thread die ?

There's still time for the prediction to come true isn't there ?

Yes, there is still just under 2 weeks for the guy's vision to manifest.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well then there's still plenty of time to prove the nay sayers wrong, I don't even know why they're arguing with you and calling you a fraud when the deadline hasn't passed yet, really they should wait until the Olympics begins before they start dishing out the dirt to you!

Has your friend had any further predictions ?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
im gonna predict that your prediction never happens.. in fact I dont know of any prediction before the fact that has ever happened??? only after the event.. then they say it was predicted. ?? If any body could of predicted 9-11.. and didnt tell anyone.. they should be brought up for murder charges..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Well then there's still plenty of time to prove the nay sayers wrong, I don't even know why they're arguing with you and calling you a fraud when the deadline hasn't passed yet, really they should wait until the Olympics begins before they start dishing out the dirt to you!

Has your friend had any further predictions ?

Yes, my friend has had further predictions, that sort of stem from his 'current' one after it is fulfilled.

One of them is that there will emerge a terrible disease from the millions of dead bodies. He is adamant that this disease will pretty much ONLY kill meat eaters. He says that a bacterium exists that will mutate upon its entering the gut of meat-eaters. The 'new' bacterium will kill the person quite quickly and is highly contagious. In a funny sort of a way, it made me think of the biblical saying (and I am NOT religious!) where 'the meek shall inherit the Earth' - as I reckon vegetarians qualify as a good definition of 'meek' in its nicest and truest sense/definition.

He also says that a huge tsunami will hit the east coast of Australia some time in the near future (doesn't know if it is weeks, months or years away). No surprises there, we have a big one every 300 years or so (the last one was mid-18th century, meaning we are due for one around now), and every psychic and visionary ever to land in Sydney comments on the big wave that will make the new beachfront up towards the Blue Mountains behind Sydney.

Basically he says that the China quake will shock the world on every level imaginable - trade & economics, health & disease, and other triggered tectonic events (volcanos and more earthquakes). He is talking a death toll in the hundreds of millions from the quake alone, and far far more with the disease. (I am a meat eater, but if the quake happens, I can assure you that I will become an instant vego, and so will all my family and friends lol)

As you can imagine, I really do not wish to see any of this happen. In fact, one of my secret motives for posting his vision, is that I believe that the more people who think about, focus on, or are aware of - a prediction - the LESS likely it is that that prediction will 'manifest'. (On your/our timeline anyway). Kooky I know, but heck, if it has any chance of causing his vision NOT to appear on our shared timeline, then I'm happy to help see him fail.

peace

Duncan

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

OP releases more stunning information (a huge tsunami will hit the east coast of Australia, other triggered tectonic events (volcanos and more earthquakes))
Titor defense

Did not see that coming...

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

In fact, one of my secret motives...

I think we already brought out the other secret motive.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ok boys and girls, I think it's time for us to take a step back from this issue for a minute and catch us a breathe. For the record, the OP was posted as follows:

Predicting a huge earthquake in June 2008

I am passing this on - I wanted to put it on the record, in case the sources were correct.
A huge earthquake (over 9.5 Richter scale) is predicted for around mid-June this year (2008) - centred off the coast of China. It is predicted that a tsunami of 50m (I think) will race inland causing unimaginable damage. It will result in the Olympic Games being cancelled. The margin of error for the time is +/- 2 weeks, meaning it could be anytime in June.

Now that the prediction in question has passed, I'd like to point out that this is no longer a viable prediction, unless something else has been added to it since then. I must regretfully admit that I haven't had the time to read this entire thread. My jobs are too time-intensive to allow me that luxury. Suffice it to say though that this entire thread is based on the above quoted material.

After the end of June, this prediction was proven false, and the author has admitted as much on more than one occasion already. His declaration post to this effect is found here.

That was on page 13. We are now on page 16, well on our way to 17. While it's true that the prediction didn't happen (THANK THE LORD ABOVE!!), the member that issued the prediction was merely passing on what they heard from someone else, in the hopes that they could substantiate what they said.

[my opinion]For all we know, the mere act of posting this prediction stopped it. I can sleep well believing that.[/my opinion]

Anyway, since this was resolved, we're now encountering some hostilities between particular members. I won't name names, as you know who you are. Consider the following my moderator's stance on this issue.

The insulting needs to stop NOW. We don't insult our fellow members here, we encourage formative debate between our members. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1) According to the Terms and Conditions that we all agreed to upon joining here at AboveTopSecret.com, we agreed to the following:

Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

This includes continually reiterating the fact that they were wrong. In this case, isn't being wrong a good thing?

2) I think a perusal of the following thread will prove fruitful to all here:

Civility and Decorum are Required

and finally

3) If you all feel that someone is not acting according to the T&C, please send a Complaint to us, using the ATS Suggestions/Complaints Form instead of voicing your concerns in the public forums.

Your continued cooperation will be much appreciated. Feel free to U2U me if any of you feel as though this is unfair, or submit a complaint to the above link.

Now, back to discussing the TOPIC, not the member!!!!!

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

Edited for missing bracket.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mywander
can you give more detail about the predication.

Read my posts in this thread. There is nothing more I can tell you.

After the above post, there is more he can tell us.

One of them is that there will emerge a terrible disease from the millions of dead bodies.

This seems like a rather significant part of the prediction to have left out of the original post.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
AN established fact of the prediction, predictor has a visit by persons identifying themselves as members of the US State Department:

He is very concerned about it but doesn't want the attention. I can tell you that the US State Dept also take him very seriously, as they flew a couple of dudes out to ask him all about it.

Why? Because the predictor:

the US State Dept sent a couple of guys to interview him months back. He has old friends high up from the days when he helped the Allies in WWII. What they do with this info is anyone's guess.

But

As for the visit by the US State Dept dudes - that was the ID they showed him, but you all know it could have been anyone; I don’t know whether he contacted someone high up that he knew/knows; or they found out other ways.

Can you clarify? If he knows higher ups in the State Department then he would know if they sent people or not? He would have to have told people about this prediction in order to incite the visit would he not? Could he not just check with his contacts to verify if they sent people over?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As has already been covered on a number of occasions already, this prediction has already come and gone, with nary a thing to show for it, besides several million happy people.

With this in mind, since there are no more caveats to this prediction, and because the thread has gotten a bit off-topic, we're going to close it. Should something come up that needs to be addressed, it may be reopened, provided the evidence is substantial.

I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in this thread for doing so, and I would also like to thank nexusmagazine for giving us this opportunity.

Keep denying ignorance, one and all!!

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

Thread Closed.

Edited to delete "\".

[edit on 23-7-2008 by TheBorg]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join