It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicting a huge earthquake in June 2008

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Please focus on the topic rather than any member.

Pretty please.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
there is no details given

do you know how long the coast is of China?

and depended on in where it would also affect certain other countries, Japan? Philipines? Vietnam?

hoe much inland? and in which province the "predicted" new tsunami will hit?

9.5 would mean the biggest earthquake ever recorded, even bigger than the Indonesian one.

bah

Interesting update though:

10,000 chinese troops have just been rushed to a massive dam 5 km north of one of the cities hit by the quake because 3 huge cracks have been spotted in the dam, and there are fears it is about to burst!!

I wonder if this could be the 'Tsunami' the OP's friend 'predicted'`???

J.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

10, 000 troops and not 10,000 engineers?

What are the troops for?

Also how big is the dam?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Haha, excellent point lucid lunacy. How in the world would a soldier benefit this situation? It needs to be fixed not protected...oh maybe that's why! Maybe they fear a possible attack before unannounced engineers handle the situation!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Heh... that's actually a good observation as well
... Troops protecting it until the engineers arrive.

I wonder who they fear the attackers would be?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Have you guys ever the video footage of how the Chinese repair dams? LOL there is a video from years ago where they basically order PLA troops into the breach with bamboo sticks to slow the flow of water until they get it stopped. I'll try to find the link to the video and post back here!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Love how these guys just throw themselves into it all, good comraderie!

ps: what am doing wrong with youtube links?

[edit on 2008-5-14 by primamateria]

tried to fix vid - will U2U

Please check your member center for a message

[edit on 14/5/08 by masqua]

[edit on 2008-5-14 by primamateria]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

What do you mean by PLA troops? Obviously it doesn't mean Palestinian Liberation Army in this context. Acronym explanation please and thank you.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Sorry, I meant China People Liberation Army. The title of the video is 'China PLA mobilized 300,000 people'

There is a better, full length video out there somewhere documenting how they fixed the breach shown in the youtube video but I couldn't find it. I actually watched it ages ago in a management subject at university illustrating teamwork strategies and it has always stuck with me

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well, wait till June we shall..........

7.9 is a bad deal.....

9.9 is unthinkable..........

The Earth is currently ringing like a bell from the 7.9, I will not be shocked to see another mega-quake soon.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

The Earth is currently ringing like a bell from the 7.9, I will not be shocked to see another mega-quake soon.

I won't be shocked by that either...

I think it could happen in June or July.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
So hang on, are you trying to say that the chinese use soldiers to fix the dam with bamboo sticks rather than engineers? Yeah that just sounds absurd.

I have a different question though. There's rumor that California will be struck with a megaquake. What are the possibilities that 2 quakes hit, this predicted Chinese bound one and the other Cali bound on? I just can't see 2 earthquakes hitting two regions of the world around the same time (the cali one is supposedly coming June-july if i'm not mistaken).

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

How about meteorite....
www.heliotown.com...
It can cause quake in different place at the same time

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Out of curiosity, I searched for information on your magazine.

Wow! Kinda pricey for a bi-monthly! Is it available on news stands?

Anyway, in regards to the thread, I was interested to see if there was an article in the magazine devoted to this prediction. I couldn't find one in what was available for veiwing, or I missed it. I am wondering if there is something in the magazine about this, how the prediction would be handled at a later date if it turns out not to be accurate, or for that matter if it is?

You mentioned the person who made the prediction has a good percentage of accuracy. Have you published the predictions in the magazine in the past?

Thanks

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Out of curiosity, I searched for information on your magazine.

You mentioned the person who made the prediction has a good percentage of accuracy. Have you published the predictions in the magazine in the past?

And now you realize the whole point of the thread.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Oh, I wasn't going to be so bold!

lmao, Star from me

I am actually surprised there hasn't been an 'intervention' from a Mod or Admin in this regards... I was expecting that...

heh.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer

And now you realize the whole point of the thread.

Well, I suppose so, I mean after all, the way it was presented was so that it would be out there in case it came true, or that is what Nexusmagazine implied, which stumped me, because there was no mention of it being offered as a way to save lives. Cha Ching, is what I thought to myself from the opening post just based on the user name.

Something this ground shaking (pun intended) should be in the MSM, or shouldn't it? I guess only Nexusmagazine and a few government officials are privy!

Yes, a very slick way to sell a few rags, in my opinion!

The middle of June (or anytime in June) is still a ways off. Just imagine how many subscriptions might be sold before then........LOL!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Allow me, please, to repeat my earlier statement and ask that the topic of this thread (a prediction of a massive earthquake off the coast of China) be the focus of any further posts.

Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Allow me, please, to repeat my earlier statement and ask that the topic of this thread (a prediction of a massive earthquake off the coast of China) be the focus of any further posts.

Ok, here is my take on the topic. There will be no massive earthquake off of the coast of China in June. There are no definable sources for this prediction. There is no history of valid predictions from this source. There is not a single piece of evidence to show that this precognitive seer has any positive track record of making accurate predictions. If anything there is a long track record of predictions in this forum *not* coming true. The only thing that would compel any rational thinker that this prediction is going to happen is a desire to believe. Wanting something to be true does not make it true.

"Deny Ignorance" folks, remember? Who can you trust? No one! Everyone? Think!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com... i guess it kinda came true

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join