It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicting a huge earthquake in June 2008

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

In the dream it is the end of June or early July. The earthquake is 9.75 at an estimated depth of 60 miles. Draw a triangle from Qingdao to Shanghai and across to Nagasaki. In the dream the earthquake took place right there.

What was the aftermath of the quake in your dream?

Did a tsunami occur as a result?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well, it is now the end of June, and I am delighted to announce that the prediction I posted some weeks ago has failed to eventuate.

For those who came in late, this ‘prediction’ contained some of my own interpretation and educated guesswork regarding a vision by a friend of mine.

My friend’s vision still stands unfulfilled, so if you want call this a prediction, be my guest:
- a 9.9 Richter Scale earthquake
- centred off the coast of China
- causes a 50m high wall of water to race inland
- causes the cancellation of the Olympic Games this year

Although I pray he is very wrong, the fact is that every one of his previous visions has materialised exactly as seen.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I base my life around the Earthquake Lady...I wait find out what part of her body twitches or wiggles...might want to check with her before you make another prediction...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
Well, it is now the end of June, and I am delighted to announce that the prediction I posted some weeks ago has failed to eventuate.

I am delighted to announce that there is another day left in June. Since the original predictor has an 100% accuracy history I will be awaiting tomorrow with baited breath. Obviously today must be the day! Have some faith! After all, if the Government believes him, how can we not at least give him another day?

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Johnny_Utah_
I base my life around the Earthquake Lady...I wait find out what part of her body twitches or wiggles...might want to check with her before you make another prediction...

Whatever. It was Nexus that first did the article on her some years ago, and it revealed that there are many other people out there who are sensitive to many precursor signals regarding earthquakes, volcanos and other tectonic/magnetic field fluctuations.

Also, I always liked the guy who made predictions about CA quakes based on any sudden increase in the number of 'missing pet' classifieds in the local papers.

I already blew my cred with some by checking with other quake researcher/predictors and adding it to the vision of my friend. I was trying to be smart and guessed the time window to be in June - but it weren't so (its midday June 30 already here in Oz).

So I won't be checking with anyone else regarding my friend's vision. He will either be right (as usual) or wrong (preferrably).

Besides, does anyone on this list really think I would have been happy to have been 'right' regarding the opening post? Of course not. And by the same token, I will be most upset if my friend IS right with his vision. My friend is already very upset about his own vision - and has made plenty of effort to alert people in power who will listen.

peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazineThis is not a personal prediction. It comes from an unassuming person who gets visions of future events (usually personal). He has been 100% accurate so far.

So I won't be checking with anyone else regarding my friend's vision. He will either be right (as usual) or wrong (preferrably).

Not right "as usual" right as "always" 100% accurate is "always". Heck of a first time for a miss, after you went and posted about it on the internets! Perhaps he was visioning in Eastern Standard Time. Keep hope alive!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think that prediction is hard to be 100% accurate. There was a findings about number 8 related to the date of the disaster or riot happened in china this year. 1st of July is met to such findings (1+7=8), so I think the prediction mentioned by Duncan is still right if such disaster really happened on that day, just not 100% accurate.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by riverchan]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Let's not be petty.
I am not much into predictions, but I do know that clairvoyance is a very real phenomenon.
And I am not familiar with your friend's particular modus operandi, but I would say that it's quite possible that s/he "saw" the earthquake that happened in May.
So what if it didn't happen in the exact month predicted?
It couldn't be called an accurate prediction - but it still COULD be (note the emphasis) a genuine AND fulfilled prediction.

Needless to say, it could also be a "fluke", a coincidence - whatever.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Let's not be petty.
I am not much into predictions, but I do know that clairvoyance is a very real phenomenon.
And I am not familiar with your friend's particular modus operandi, but I would say that it's quite possible that s/he "saw" the earthquake that happened in May.
So what if it didn't happen in the exact month predicted?
It couldn't be called an accurate prediction - but it still COULD be (note the emphasis) a genuine AND fulfilled prediction.

Needless to say, it could also be a "fluke", a coincidence - whatever.

Not trying to be petty, but my friend is adamant that the May earthquake in China was definitely NOT the one in his vision. His visions are usually quite specific in the event details, but not in the details of exact timing. Frustrating I know - but there you go.
His vision is an offshore quake; size 9.9; causes a tidal wave 50metres high; and cancels the Olympic Games - the earlier May quake had none of these details whatsoever.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I am happy your friend was wrong, also.

Although I pray he is very wrong, the fact is that every one of his previous visions has materialised exactly as seen.

Duncan

Does he always tell you about these visions before the events happen or do you hear about them afterwards?

Can you honestly say he has shared all of his visions with you since he has been having them to give you the idea he is always correct?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
You were a real patient man Duncan. You held your ground amongst all of the attacks and questions. Perhaps your friends vision will come to pass, the Olympics will start in a month (8.8.08) which allows for the prediction to come true, although as you said, hopefully it will not.

Stay honest and stick around Duncan

[edit on 30-6-2008 by SteveAndrew]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think we should allow a window of time, maybe 10 days, for the prediction to still be valid if it did happen. Maybe in his dream he was reading a june newspaper or something that was from last week. Point is, these don't have to be spot on accurate for them to become true, a small window of time will still make the prediction valid imo.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

He said the news broadcasters were shocked at the estimated death tolls already, and he heard them say, ‘well, this is going to cause the olympic games to be cancelled for sure’. THAT is the ONLY dating information he or I have. When I discussed it with him further, he said he FELT it was just before the end of June (2008).

- my friend had no specific date, except that it would "lead to the cancellation of the Olympic Games". I take full responsibility for putting it mid-June, with a + or - of two weeks. He DID FEEL strongly that it was “by, or around, the end of June”. However, it could well be inside the first few weeks of July, and HE would still be right - BUT, MY post would be shown to be a failed prediction.

*** please remember people *** the time span of this fellow's prediction is not over.

Thank you again, Duncan, for posting. I hope you will continue to share with us.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by mountaindog]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

For those who came in late, this ‘prediction’ contained some of my own interpretation and educated guesswork regarding a vision by a friend of mine.

Your prediction was wrong.

He is wrong. Hoax over! The only person who had a correct prediction in this thread was me. Twice! I never knew I had these abilities. I have a 100% accuracy rate.

Perhaps you should start listening to me instead. So far OP's own predictions were wrong, his friends will be wrong, and his other Earthquake prediction was wrong too. That is no way to make people believe.

Guess the State Department has a lot of egg on its face now eh! Flying all the way to take to that guy when I am just a phone call away!

Spot has been sobbering a lot in his water bowl lately, must be a big one coming up!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
China is shaking right now - 4.8.

A sign of things to come? Perhaps, perhaps not.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by SteveAndrew]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveAndrew
China is shaking right now - 4.8.

A sign of things to come? Perhaps, perhaps not.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by SteveAndrew]

How do you know this?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mountaindog

He said the news broadcasters were shocked at the estimated death tolls already, and he heard them say, ‘well, this is going to cause the olympic games to be cancelled for sure’. THAT is the ONLY dating information he or I have. When I discussed it with him further, he said he FELT it was just before the end of June (2008).

- my friend had no specific date, except that it would "lead to the cancellation of the Olympic Games". I take full responsibility for putting it mid-June, with a + or - of two weeks. He DID FEEL strongly that it was “by, or around, the end of June”. However, it could well be inside the first few weeks of July, and HE would still be right - BUT, MY post would be shown to be a failed prediction.

*** please remember people *** the time span of this fellow's prediction is not over.

Thank you again, Duncan, for posting. I hope you will continue to share with us.

So, how is he always right with predictions when they are still quite vague. You first said it was a 9.5 then it changed to 9.9. His prediction only did not list a date or time frame, just that the olympics would be cancelled. What other events has this friend predicted correctly and with what accuracy? I mean if you prediction about anything is vague enough you can claim to be correct.
The reason people gave you a hard time is 1)you have your own magazine that you are obviously trying to promote(dont deny it because any business owner always has his business in mind with his decisions) 2)No one on earth has been shown to have the ability to predict event with any kind of consistency or accuracy. Some people might be right once in awhile but that happens if you throw enough predictions out there. Its the same reason that people are always seeing coincidences, we only see the times when events line up to form a coincidence and we disregard the times or do not see all the events that dont line up to form a coincidence.

Good luck with the magazine, what was it called again, oh yeah Nexus Magazine, i forgot because you only mentioned it 5 or 10 times.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

So, how is he always right with predictions when they are still quite vague. You first said it was a 9.5 then it changed to 9.9. His prediction only did not list a date or time frame, just that the olympics would be cancelled. What other events has this friend predicted correctly and with what accuracy? I mean if you prediction about anything is vague enough you can claim to be correct.
The reason people gave you a hard time is 1)you have your own magazine that you are obviously trying to promote(dont deny it because any business owner always has his business in mind with his decisions) 2)No one on earth has been shown to have the ability to predict event with any kind of consistency or accuracy. Some people might be right once in awhile but that happens if you throw enough predictions out there. Its the same reason that people are always seeing coincidences, we only see the times when events line up to form a coincidence and we disregard the times or do not see all the events that dont line up to form a coincidence.

Good luck with the magazine, what was it called again, oh yeah Nexus Magazine, i forgot because you only mentioned it 5 or 10 times.

Umm - I already said that the prediction as posted originally has failed. Get over it.

I'm sorry if my being an interested and involved magazine owner annoys you. I deny totally that the reason for my OP was to promote the magazine. If you look at all my first comments, I never mention that I am a magazine publisher at all.

I have been participating in many threads as myself. I have been publishing alternative news and information for over 25 years - so why shouldn't I contribute my knowledge and experience into the central collective pool of ATS? If that bothers you, then PLEASE put me on your ignore list.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

He is wrong. Hoax over!

How was this a hoax? How can ANY predicition ever be a hoax?

Isn't a hoax something which is designed to deceive other people? I do not in any way see this as a plan to deceive us. I know I haven't been decieved. I read the original post and hoped that it wouldn't come true.

With your logic for me to predict that Obama were to win the presidency and then fail to so would be considered a hoax on my part.

*shrugs*

I am glad that the said predicition has so far proven to be inaccurate. I hope with all my heart that it continues to be an incorrect prediction.

Duncan: I've enjoyed your post and look forward to hearing more

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join