It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicting a huge earthquake in June 2008

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Okay, given all the attention this has received, I had better update some things:

1) When I posted this here, I never really expected anyone to take much notice of it. I wanted my friend’s vision put on the record, because in my opinion he deserved it, and because he gave me permission. He asked me what to do with the information he received, and I asked him if I could post it on the net a bit. He said yes, on the provision that I don’t identify him. I posted pretty much what I put on this thread, on a couple of other ‘make your prediction’ websites.

2) I did not claim a ‘hit’ for the early June Chinese quake, for the simple reason that it came nowhere near my friend’s vision, in terms of dates, size, or location.

3) The actual vision of my friend - is what some would call a lucid dream, others would call astral travel, out-of-body, etc. It was in full colour, and he has only had a dozen or so such dreams over his 80-something year lifespan. One thing they ALL have in common is that they all play out EXACTLY like he sees in the vision. He has used his visions on more than one occasion to save his own life, and the lives of others.

4) His vision is as follows:
- he gets out of bed one morning, in his normal bedroom, on a normal looking day. Being a guy with strong gardening interests etc, one of his first ‘habits’ is to shuffle over to the TV to see what the weather forecast is. He turns on the TV and notices that the weather information is being continuously interrupted by news broadcasters discussing a 9.9 Richter Scale earthquake, off the coast of China, which had already caused a 50 metre high wall of water racing inland - destroying everything in its path. He said the news broadcasters were shocked at the estimated death tolls already, and he heard them say, ‘well, this is going to cause the olympic games to be cancelled for sure’. THAT is the ONLY dating information he or I have. When I discussed it with him further, he said he FELT it was just before the end of June (2008).
- on top of what he was seeing (ie himself getting out of bed, turning on the TV etc etc) there was a voice speaking to him - giving him death toll figures in the millions; advising of disease; including a flesh-eating disease/bug/bacteria that would spread internationally (he actually told me that this bug/bacteria/disease ONLY KILLED meat-eating humans, not vegetarians, by mutating with the bacteria in the gut of meat eaters. Now this guy is a raving vegetarian himself, so how much is his spin or how much was the voice, I am still not clear about. But it is worth passing on here I think so you all know what I know)

5) He had this vision around Christmas time 2007, and phoned me a couple of weeks later with it. He was still in shock, and asked me "why have I been given this information?" "How can I use this to help or save people?" etc. I told him that an uncomfortable number of people were also predicting major earth changes around mid 2008 (which is very true, and their numbers are increasing daily it seems). We discussed whether I should put it in Nexus or not - he asked to hold off till May.

6) As for the visit by the US State Dept dudes - that was the ID they showed him, but you all know it could have been anyone; I don’t know whether he contacted someone high up that he knew/knows; or they found out other ways. They were kind to him, they took his vision very seriously, and he promised to let them know of any other visions relating to this event.

7) I want to be clear about the following also.
- it was me that lowered the posted prediction to 9.5+ His actual vision was 9.9 Richter scale. My reasons were to allow him a margin of error so to speak; and again, I never figured it would be of much interest to anyone. I mean, to me, it is a case of anyone going in and posting any prediction - so what?

- my friend had no specific date, except that it would "lead to the cancellation of the Olympic Games". I take full responsibility for putting it mid-June, with a + or - of two weeks. He DID FEEL strongly that it was “by, or around, the end of June”. However, it could well be inside the first few weeks of July, and HE would still be right - BUT, MY post would be shown to be a failed prediction.

- even if my friend’s vision turns out the way he sees, he still does NOT want to be known, does NOT want any fame, fortune, books, interviews. He just would prefer it doesn’t happen - period. If anything, he hopes the Chinese might listen and do something - yeah right.

- My reasons for putting HIS vision as "mid-June, plus/minus two weeks", is because of a large number of other independent sources which variously claim methods and reasons for worry in mid-June. Some of these are scientific, methodical, left-brainers with statistics, others are right-brainers with astrology, others are dreamers and visionaries. I picked mid-June for the post to both allow my friend a margin of error, and to ‘straddle’ the alarming number of predictions I have personally received.

- my original and subsequent postings have no financial or ulterior motives, are not a hoax or a joke. However they did not reflect accurately the full details of my friend’s vision, in terms of the size, and date vagueness by my friend - hence this correction.

9) To be super clear then, I would like to reiterate :
a- my friend’s vision will NOT be fullfilled until he sees on his TV, news broadcasted interruptions about an earthquake: size 9.9 Richter Scale; Off the Coast of China; with a 50m high wall of water racing inland; causing cancellation of the Olympic Games. [I asked in vain for any other titibit, ie mention of asteroid strike beforehand, of precursor eruptions or quakes beforehand - but he told me of no further information or clues].

b- we have published in this latest issue of Nexus, an article by Ken Dickman, who has an impressive track record predicting the DATES of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, but absolutely little clue or accuracy as to the locations. His dates of concern are June 1-13, 2008. His calculations are based solely on angular relationships between the planets and the sun.

10) Next time I start a thread on ATS, I will begin with exact details, and head-off this sort of mess at the start. It is a good thing that so many demand details and clarification - and I do apologise for not be exact and clear right from the start.

praying/meditating for peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the update nexus. If your friends vision has any
chance of happening I'm guessing it might occur on the 13 of June....
Just call it a hunch on my part.....

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just a quick follow up post in relation to Ken Dickman's predicted activity window of June 1-13, 2008.

The following is a fairly complete list of USGS sourced earthquakes covering his activity window so far - with 3-4 days remaining. I'd say he will be claiming a 'hit' in terms of increased earthquake activity alone.

Whatever his hit rating - we are certainly in an active period in terms of earthquakes at the moment. My filter is set at 5.5+ but I threw in the Oregon one because it came with a cluster of smaller ones.

2008-06-08 12:25:29 (Mw 6.1) GREECE 38.0 21.5
2008-06-06 20:02:58 (Mb 5.6) NORTHERN ALGERIA 35.9 -0.6
2008-06-06 13:42:49 (Mb 6.0) KEPULAUAN BARAT DAYA, INDONESIA -7.4 127.9
2008-06-05 05:22:27: (Mw 5.8) WEST CHILE RISE -38.9 -91.7
2008-06-05 02:16:48: (Mw 6.0) WEST CHILE RISE -38.8 -91.4
2008-06-04 17:03:05 (Mw 5.6) HOKKAIDO, JAPAN REGION 41.6 139.1
2008-06-03 22:04:28 (Mw 6.1) FLORES REGION, INDONESIA -8.1 120.2
2008-06-03 17:31:32 (Mb 6.1) FLORES REGION, INDONESIA -8.2 120.3
2008-06-03 16:20:52 (Mw 6.2) SOLOMON ISLANDS -10.4 161.3
2008-06-01 00:31:14: (Mw 5.5) BOUVET ISLAND REGION -54.8 0.9
2008-05-31 23:16:05: (Mw 5.8) EASTER ISLAND REGION -28.8 -112.1
2008-06-02 17:50:25 (Mb 4.7) OFF COAST OF OREGON 44.2 -129.4
2008-06-01 14:31:06 (Mw 6.4) WEST OF MACQUARIE ISLAND -59.0 149.8
2008-06-01 10:33:28 (Mb 5.8) BANDA SEA -4.5 129.6
2008-06-01 01:57:22 (Mb 6.4) BATAN ISL REGION, PHILIPPINES 20.1 121.3
2008-05-31 04:37:55: (Mw 6.6) MID-INDIAN RIDGE -41.3 80.5

plus there was a lot of activity on the days leading up to his activity window...

2008-05-30 07:25:43 (Mw 5.6) IZU ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION 30.8 141.6
2008-05-29 15:46:01 (Mw 6.1) ICELAND 64.0 -21.0
2008-05-27 11:28:01: (Mw 5.6) NEAR COAST OF GUATEMALA 13.7 -90.9
2008-05-27 08:37:51 (Mb 5.7) SICHUAN-GANSU BORDER REG, CHINA 32.7 105.6
2008-05-27 05:51:12 (Mw 5.9) WEST OF MACQUARIE ISLAND -56.6 147.4
2008-05-26 15:01:36: (Mw 5.5) PANAMA-COSTA RICA BORDER REGION 8.5 -82.9
2008-05-25 19:18:23 (Mw 6.0) KODIAK ISLAND REGION, ALASKA 56.1 -153.8

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

10) Next time I start a thread on ATS, I will begin with exact details, and head-off this sort of mess at the start. It is a good thing that so many demand details and clarification - and I do apologise for not be exact and clear right from the start.

right, you're going to hear about this for sure.
It would have been only a good thing to come clean right up front, but I understand that we humans do not always do the right thing the first time - you are certainly not alone on that.
Nevertheless, starting this post in the first place was a good thing. I thank you for that. I hope that your new information will be of some help to people in China.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Someone should tell nexus to move out the Ken Dickman predictions to another thread. That is a lot looser a prediction and may turn out to be something.

I would but, alas, he blocked me.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
on top of what he was seeing (ie himself getting out of bed, turning on the TV etc etc) there was a voice speaking to him - giving him death toll figures in the millions; advising of disease; including a flesh-eating disease/bug/bacteria that would spread internationally (he actually told me that this bug/bacteria/disease ONLY KILLED meat-eating humans, not vegetarians, by mutating with the bacteria in the gut of meat eaters. Now this guy is a raving vegetarian himself, so how much is his spin or how much was the voice, I am still not clear about. But it is worth passing on here I think so you all know what I know)

Hey where the heck was this in the original prediction! Global flesh eating pandemic might have gotten a little notice?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

To sum it up for any newcomers to hoaxing:

1. Reiteration
2. Self deprecation
3. Reiteration
4. More details + a new revelation (available originally but given at a later date)
5. Uncorroborated supported evidence
6. Backtrack
7. Fudge
8. ???
9. Advertisement
10. Self deprecation

In short all the elements of a follow up post in a classic run-of-the-mill internet hoax. It is a very exciting time for ATS, not often do we get to have two of these running concurrently!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well there is no question that we are experiencing increased seismic activity recently, so his prediction may be correct in regards to his claims of a spike in seismic activity.

Southern California issued an earthquake warning last week estimating that 1,800 could be killed in the event of the predicted earthquake. this was broad casted due to the increased seismic activity in the area.

www.youtube.com...

My sources are also claiming that a huge earthquake will happen in the Philippines on July

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

God, I hope this isnt the dream I had...I didnt think it was China though..

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
edit to add: nothing

[edit on 10-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ooooh!

back in spring of 2007, I had an astral travel dream, I have had these for years, astral travel into one of the astral Zones, and I walked into a farmhouse filled with people. I had the "strange" feeling, after the dream, that these people were mostly fellow earth people who also do astral traveling!

but in what Power of what name could I had the "guts" to utter what I did?!!
with NO authority of self knowledge, I told these people:
"Civilization will END in three years: get Ready NOW"! I shouted!
Then in one of the most serious tones that I probably ever uttered, even when alive and awake, I slowly, deliberately told them all, " get ready in your soul, NOW. finish up your life's work and complete your missions of the high school of the earthplane life"!
"learn to love and to find Truth and Goodness, do it now before it is too too late"!

whew!

I could never ever say that, in my waking life! I wonder where my higher self got the info from, and what was "his" source?!

two years left!!

anon......on the way in a moment to Actually Register, i am glad i just found this site!

anon.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
this is pretty creepy considering all the other sources in the news, plus other recent things that have happened that lead to june/july for an "event" like this

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

look at the end of the day Duncan is just posting up a prediction. so if you don't believe it so be it. leave the guy alone. predictions aren't up for debate, you either believe or you dont..or you can just wait and see what happens. geez

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

look i think you need to stop attacking people and keep your opinions to yourself. it looks more like you're seeking the attention not Duncan. Duncan just posted a prediction up and whether you believe it or not no-one really cares anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gizzynug

Did you register today just to post that? Hmmmmmm? Sock Puppet? Bumping your own thread?

I want lots of attention! Expect to see me on every thread in this forum where some random internet guy invents some fantastic story and gets members to swallow it without an ounce of proof. All I want to do is Deny Ignorance around here. I've linked this post to the other hoaxes in order to show the established patterns useful in identifying of ATS hoaxes.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
reply to post by gizzynug

Did you register today just to post that? Hmmmmmm? Sock Puppet? Bumping your own thread?

I want lots of attention! Expect to see me on every thread in this forum where some random internet guy invents some fantastic story and gets members to swallow it without an ounce of proof. All I want to do is Deny Ignorance around here. I've linked this post to the other hoaxes in order to show the established patterns useful in identifying of ATS hoaxes.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Mainer]

Actually Mainer, you are a good example of exactly how skeptics resort to bizarre conspiracy theories in their efforts to get attention.

For the record then:
1) A prediction is not a hoax - it is a prediction. If you are saying that I have made the whole thing up, that there is no guy with a vision etc - then you are just plain wrong. I publish an international alternative news magazine (near the top of the skeptics hate list, I might add) and I do not tell lies or do hoaxes. Period.

2) I have NOT created a sockpuppet named gizzynug in order to pat myself on the back or to bump the thread. You are doing a splendid job of bumping the thread with your own bizarre accusations. I wouldn't be surprised if YOU created gizzynug actually, just so your accusations become evidence by proclamation.

3) Go correct your posts on those threads you mention, and let them know that you have gotten this all wrong. It is not a hoax, the guy exists, he had the vision, I've told you the vision, I've posted it as a prediction - which will either come to pass or not. By the sounds of you so far, I'd say you have too much invested in your claim for this to be a hoax - so I won't hold my breath for any apology.

IT'S A PREDICTION, MAINER - GET OVER IT!! You're giving skeptics a bad name!

Duncan

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

This is not a personal prediction. It comes from an unassuming person who gets visions of future events (usually personal). He has been 100% accurate so far. I hope he is wrong. He is very concerned about it but doesn't want the attention. I can tell you that the US State Dept also take him very seriously, as they flew a couple of dudes out to ask him all about it.

No more questions - this is a prediction I am posting for him, as he has no internet.

Duncan

Are you talking about this guy JUCELINO NÓBREGA DA LUZ

Too bad most links are in Portugese, do you guys have an english site?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by cheebay]

[edit on 12-6-2008 by cheebay]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cheebay

it should not be Jucelino. because Jecelino predict it happened at Sep 13. but this one is at about the end of June.

today, some strange clouds occure at very north of China, close to Russia.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

and I do not tell lies or do hoaxes. Period.

Except the one about blocking me I guess. Just your word and your word about your word is not sufficient proof of this prediction, and this forum is (and my posts are) not about the truth of someone making a prediction, but the truth of the actual prediction. Don't play word games. I am not taking about the truth that you believe you heard a prediction (although I believe this to be false as well), I am referring to the contents of the actual prediction.

John Titor was not lying, Boulder MD was not lying, two ton alien did not lie, even ATS did not lie. Project Serpo was not a lie, Aussie Bloke was not a lie. Keyhole saw a UFO. SECRET_007 works for alien handlers. You are in good company of truth tellers, so you will forgive me if you telling us you are being honest is not quite enough proof.

Your "prediction" follows the same pattern of previous hoaxes. You have been as of yet unable to give us another single prediction this infallible source of yours has made. You have managed to slip a reference to your publication into your posts.

You managed to overlook an "international flesh-eating disease/bug/bacteria" in your original post. How could you omit this?? Because you are making it up as you go along, that is how. Its a often seen keep-em-going tidbit.

What will you say at the end of the month when there is no tsunami, no flesh eating pandemic, and you source with 100% accuracy is now not? You do not even believe this to be true, if you did you would be all over the place trying to get the word out. Tell me where else you posted this information? You do believe the prediction don't you?

You, personally are irrelevant to this, I am looking at the contents of your posting. Seems like a classic hoax to me. No proof, and a story built around an inability to give any proof. If persistent questioning of your prediction and the follows up upsets you put me on block like you said you would above (you do not lie after all).

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

WOW!! you have it in for Ducan but you should go back to the start and read the post again He is posting this infomation for some one And not him self

Go back to bed and get out on the correct side

Have a nice day

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join