It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicting a huge earthquake in June 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am passing this on - I wanted to put it on the record, in case the sources were correct.
A huge earthquake (over 9.5 Richter scale) is predicted for around mid-June this year (2008) - centred off the coast of China. It is predicted that a tsunami of 50m (I think) will race inland causing unimaginable damage. It will result in the Olympic Games being cancelled. The margin of error for the time is +/- 2 weeks, meaning it could be anytime in June.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Is this a personal prediction? Did a friend make this? Or did you read it somewhere? Some citation would be nice

Anywhoo, I think there is a thread about this somewhere...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Is this a personal prediction? Did a friend make this? Or did you read it somewhere?

Perhaps he read it from the Nexus Magazine

I predict the same thing, but in the USA

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't know about any predictions for earthquakes in China. All I know is I think there is going to be a big one in Southern California this year. I had a dream recently where I was reading the headline on a newspaper. It was in one of those vending kiosks. I could not see the name of the newspaper or the date. All I know is that the heading read "Massive Quake in Southern California". Don't know if this will come to pass soon or not. I generally tend to get predictions in dreams and usually they come to pass a relatively short time later, like in weeks or a few months. They are usually different than a regular dream, really more like watching something on TV. So, maybe there will be a big earthquake in June, but it won't be in China.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Is this a personal prediction? Did a friend make this? Or did you read it somewhere? Some citation would be nice

Anywhoo, I think there is a thread about this somewhere...

This is not a personal prediction. It comes from an unassuming person who gets visions of future events (usually personal). He has been 100% accurate so far. I hope he is wrong. He is very concerned about it but doesn't want the attention. I can tell you that the US State Dept also take him very seriously, as they flew a couple of dudes out to ask him all about it.

No more questions - this is a prediction I am posting for him, as he has no internet.

Duncan

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
He is very concerned about it but doesn't want the attention. I can tell you that the US State Dept also take him very seriously, as they flew a couple of dudes out to ask him all about it.

You had me till the State Dept. C'mon now. There are much better examples of hoaxes on this forum. Do some review then try again.

Anyway, this forum is for published predictions of notability. Not for every time your super no-internet government super-psy friend's knee acts up.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Mainer]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
He is very concerned about it but doesn't want the attention. I can tell you that the US State Dept also take him very seriously, as they flew a couple of dudes out to ask him all about it.

You had me till the State Dept. C'mon now. There are much better examples of hoaxes on this forum. Do some review then try again.

Anyway, this forum is for published predictions of notability. Not for every time your super no-internet government super-psy friend's knee acts up.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Mainer]

Mainer,
How can a prediction be a hoax? I simply am putting a prediction on public record for a friend of mine. He did get a visit from the US State Department. There is a logical reason why they knew about him, but it is not appropriate to mention why here.
There is nothing to debate here - either he will be right or he won't be. I hope he is wrong.
Duncan

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
9.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!
Are u sure about this????

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alvatore
9.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!
Are u sure about this????

Well, I wouldn't waste anyone's time with anything less than a 9.0 Richter scale. I am glad you appreciate the magnitude of the prediction (pardon the pun).
Duncan

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

I assure you, an 8.5 quake wouldn't be wasting anyones time if it was legitimate and granted them enough warning to prepare. Perhaps you're not familiar with the scale?

And I thought this was your friends prediction? What do you mean by "I wouldn't waste your time.."?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I have to say that i also strongly believe that something is happening. Lots of earthquakes all over, volcano in Chlie and Cyclones etc. Not to mention the threat of Nuclear War is upon us. So i will be keeping an eye out on this one if you dont mind.

Im of the view that people do have these visions in their dreams, lately i i have had a couple that i can remember some details and i normally never can no-matter how hard i try.
If there is nothing to debate then maybe i can put this dream up here if nobody minds?

Three nights ago i had a dream and for the most part it was vivid and what you would come to expect from a dream, but at the in i was given a rolled up piece of paper and inside were some red pills??? and on the paper written the word HOLOCAUST. No dates, just that word.
Then this morning when i was dreaming and i saw what looked like a middle east style market place. Only it wasnt the middle east. It was very dusty and very hot and as you look round could just see rubble. Also from what i could make out they had teams of criminals in bright green uniforms carring guns and training people(dont know what for) but they were ruthless and would kill people for the sake of it.

Just freaky couple of dreams!

Im not predicting any dates or anything like that.It just looked like a fitting thread. Sorry if im posting where i should'nt.

Think fast

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I assure you, an 8.5 quake wouldn't be wasting anyones time if it was legitimate and granted them enough warning to prepare. Perhaps you're not familiar with the scale?

And I thought this was your friends prediction? What do you mean by "I wouldn't waste your time.."?

It's a prediction. If he said 8.5 or 7.5 or 6.5 - dunno I guess I thought a >9.5 was worth my time putting it up. In afterthought I can see your point though. It is my friend's prediction, but as he is not net connected I have posted it for him in a couple of places, including this one - as I saw a predictions topic area. And yes, I DO know the scale, so I know 9.5 is something we don't want to see.

How about we forget about it and wait see? Unless of course you want to take it seriously - which is your choice.

best
Duncan

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Dear Duh duh duncan,

Seriously, if you weren't looking for attention why would you keep replying to messages and making the thread grow. If it is for public records and is not up for debate like you previously said, why are you continuing the discussion and growing the thread?

Hatter

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Is it a prediction or is it a prophecy?

Is it an educated guess? Or does he have powers of premonition?

You said "if you take him seriously". Should I? Should I not? Do you?

You say State officials (or was it Government officials) flew out to him. Did they do this because of his academic credentials or because he is used for his powers of foresight?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Is it a prediction or is it a prophecy?

Is it an educated guess? Or does he have powers of premonition?

You said "if you take him seriously". Should I? Should I not? Do you?

You say State officials (or was it Government officials) flew out to him. Did they do this because of his academic credentials or because he is used for his powers of foresight?

OK, that's enough. I'll answer all these questions and more IF he turns out to be correct.
Until then, let it just be.
Duncan

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Your wish is my command. Adios.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

I see no reason to be that skeptical automatically.

I have known of prophetic Christians that government officials have consulted very quietly.

I think there was such during Ike's administration and several since then.

I've forgotten the details. And, I don't know even of enough keywords to do a search. I haven't read anything on the net about such but I did read about such in a book now and then over the last 40 years.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I see no reason to be that skeptical automatically.

I predict that if you give me $5000 you will come into a surprise. Don't be skeptical. Also, I predict someone will buy my magazine too if I start enough of a mysterious thread.

Be skeptical, almost all predictions do not come true. Putting a prediction on ATS decreases the odds even further.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sure there have been a lot of little earthquakes lately but what everyone is forgetting is that is a GOOD thing. The little ones relieve the pressure built up on the plates in a gradual way, not all at once causing a huge one. Sure we can say that we're due for the big one here on the west coast of North America but we've been saying that for years. Ok and a long thought dead volcano in Chile has erupted once again....so? in the grand scheme of things this is how the earth works.

Ive heard a lot of these so called "Big ones" predictions before and some by very well noted (and accurate) psychics/clairvoyant people and so far NONE of those predictions have come true.

9.5 might not do too much damage here

example:

The magnitude 9.5 earthquake in Chile in 1960, the largest earthquake ever recorded, resulted in a 1.6-meter (5.2-foot) wave that reached Santa Monica about 14 hours after the earthquake (wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov...).

I would be more worried about La Palma off the north west coast of Africa

La Palma1

La Palma2

A lot of little quakes = good
no quakes in an area of major activity in a long period of time = bad

[edit on 7-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Just out of curosity, do you know how this "friend" comes across his/her predictions? Remote viewing, cards, dreams, chicken bones? Of course we'll have to wait and see what happens this next month to see if it's really worth discussing. Since I don't live in China I have the luxury of wait and see.

EDIT: Just noted this on DRUDGE. Very interesting. Of course nothing solid yet, but hmmm...

LATE NIGHT QUAKES ROCK JAPAN... 6.8 MAG...

[edit on 7-5-2008 by dbates]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join