It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV video shows Philly officers kicking, hitting 3 suspects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Sharpton arrest? what the heck are you talking about? Oh, and I see both sides of these stories. I just can't understand the cops not noticing a FREAKING HELICOPTER!

Al Sharpton arrested during protest

Edit to add what he was talking about...

[edit on 7-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We'll see this form of instant justice and punishment more as we sit by and let event after event of police misconduct occur.

How many videos have been posted on ATS of women being punched, unarmed men shot and killed, and people being tased for nothing but talking back to an officer.

NOTHING EVER HAPPENS.

Adminstrative leave, attitude courses, not-guilty verdicts.

As the economy erodes and crime increases overwhelmed police facing thier own personal problems are going to take out their frustrations on the public because they can. No one will stop them.

Your on your own. Prepare to defend yourselves against the criminals and the cops. The difference is growing smaller.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by ColdWater]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You want a better case of unjustifiable police brutality take a look at this:

www.youtube.com...
(There's 5 parts, this link is the 1st)

This happened 4 years ago in Portland, and received virtually no coverage.

This much is known: Fouad Kaady, a 27-year-old Gresham man, was involved in at least one auto accident in Sandy on September 8. That collision possibly ignited a gas can in his car, which left him badly burned and with a head injury. Shortly thereafter, the young man was found walking naked down the street.

But when police arrived on the scene, instead of treating Kaady for medical concerns, they began treating him like a criminal, ordering him to lie down on the pavement. (One witness said that Kaady's skin was hanging off in places, and that he sat instead of lying on the ground.)

When officers were unable to force Kaady to lie on the ground, they shot him with a taser gun, which apparently only caused him to act more wildly. Moments later, he climbed to the top of a squad car. In response, at least one of the officers fired at him. Kaady died at the scene.

Immediate news reports said the officers thought Kaady might be armed, although they didn't offer any details as to where a naked man would conceal a weapon.

In response, a grand jury convened in Clackamas County for five days last week, examining evidence and listening to witness testimony. Each day, protestors gathered outside the Oregon City courthouse and witnesses steadfastly told media outlets that they believed the shooting to be unjustified. But on Monday, the grand jury ruled that there wasn't enough evidence to pursue a criminal charge, meaning the officers won't stand trial for Kaady's death.

www.fouadkaady.com...
www.sandypost.com...

Basically, two cops come across a possibly fatal car crash, and yet they act as if they're going into raid.
They taser, handcuff and finally shoot a guy who was just involved in a crash, has burns to 78% of his body and was probably completely in shock and had no idea what the hell was going on.

You can't tell me that is justifiable in anyway. Since when is it standard procedure to handcuff car accident victims?
Absolutely sickening...

The PD tried to cut some slack on the officers by claiming Kaady was high and apparently drunk at the time of the accident and was a known drug-user, despite the fact blood tests came back negative.

Apparently the officer who shot him dead, was arrested in 2007 for breaking into his former girlfriend's house and threatening to kill her. More here:
Story

[edit on 8/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Ummmm, wow.

This is an entire thread in itself. I can't believe it, but then again, I can...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Actually that's just what I was thinking, thanks for the reminder

What I can't understand is how little coverage this got. This is landmark police brutality, it makes Rodney King look like a school yard fight. And yet nobody knows who the hell Fouad Kaady is.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Career criminals (and yes I do think these poor innocent "children" as the media calls them qualify) should be aware that fleeing from the police after a crime (especially a shooting) will cause an adrenaline rush and things might get out of hand if their attempt to run doesn't work out.

As far as those that say "well what if you just happened to get into a car with friends and you weren't involved with the crime and..." Yeah right. Can happen to anyone! Why I think most of us often find ourselves riding with friends who just happen to be carrying illegal weapons and are on the run from a crime scene.

Personally I could care less if some gang banging street thugs got kicked around by the cops. They CHOSE that lifestyle, and it comes with risks. I have also seen plenty of youtube videos of stupid, mouthy individuals that eventually get tasered (after several warnings). Have some common sense, arguing with the police and being obstinant when they give direct orders does NOT work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join