It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are You Doing to Prepare For the Coming Economic Crisis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In the light of the looming economic crisis we are sure to face in near future here in the United States, and quite possibly the rest of the world, what are you doing to prepare for it? Some people think things will get very bad while others think things will be no worse than some of the more recent economic downturns. I happen to believe that the worse case scenario will not come to fruition, but nonetheless, hard times are ahead. With that, my family and I have begun to prepare by stocking up on some essential items such as canned goods, bottled water, candles, lamp oil, ammunition for hunting, and other such things. I am also increasing our stock of dry timber for heating to counter the heavy increase in coal prices over the past several years. What contingencies do you have?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I believe things are going to get worse, before they get better. Stocking up on canned goods will save costly gas trips to the store. We have economy vehicles, but if gas goes to $10 a gallon nothing will be cheap. We've lived without electricity for many years so we know the ropes. It wasn't easy tho. We are getting our home ready for winter now, with extra insulation, weather stripping windows and doors ect. I have a crank radio and flashlights. Still have our generators for the well in case the electricity goes out and a full propane tank. A hand pump won't work because the wells too deep. There's plenty of mesquite wood here and it makes chicken and meats taste really good.

new topics

join