It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone still play baldurs gate??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So yea, does anyone still play baldurs gate?

I got that game the other day.. actualy it was the pack where you get all of the baldurs gate series in the one thing. And I have to say that its one of the most funky games I have played in a long time. Even though its really old and everything its really good, like..... Im up to the part at the start ( I cant remember the name of the town, but its like the second one) and yea it just really engaging lol.

So back to my original question, does anyone out there in the big world of ATS/BTS still play this awesome game? and where are you up to if you still play it? Oh... Im playing through the first game nods.

-fm

[edit on 6-5-2008 by funky monk]

[edit on 6-5-2008 by funky monk]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

I usually play through the series once every couple of years. I get the itch to be immersed in the world of Baldur's Gate. (And Minsc and Boo too! Quite possibly the funniest NPCs in a game ever.) Yeah, the graphics are primitive compared to today's games, but the story is much more interesting than other RPGs out there. If you like BG1, wait until you play BG2: Shadows of Amn. It is arguably the best RPG of all time, although my personal favorite is Planescape Torment.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

I havnt played through Planescape although Ive herd its really good.... a bit hard to find a copy of it though.

hrm..... the primitive graphics arnt too much of a worry for me. I kinda like them actualy, it allows you to focus more on the story aspect of it.

new topics

join