It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today show's Al Roker in missile silos!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Today show's Al Roker in missile silos!!

www.msnbc.msn.com

Sneak peek in Montana. Live TV feed, approx 8:00am (central time) Tuesday, 5-6-08
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I just thought that this was too strange to not comment on. What in the hell is Al Roker, from the Today show, doing at Malmstron AFB in Montana? As I watched, I was givin a peek at the missles and the bunkers that they are house in! On live TV!
My questions are these..

1) Why does the mainstream media, in this case the Today show, feel the need to educate the public on our nuclear response?
2) Was thinking that this was a pretty big deal. Can you imagine the cost for the Today show and better yet, getting the clearances to let him and a film crew in the silos? A first, according to the TV feed.
3) Why educate the public on the one thing that no one wants to talk about?
4)Why now?
I feel like I'm (were) being softened up to understand how our response would be like in case were "attacked" by WMD's in the near future.
Please watch this and respond. Let me know if I've gone over the edge and should seek help..LOL

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
how come its ok for us to have 200 plus nuclear warheads and we can show it off. But we have the gaul to invade other countries just because we assume that they have a few weapons. Now they're trying to frame Iran for having nuclear capabilities. This video is very disturbing indeed.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I hear you there. It sure seems like the countries that have nuclear weapons sure don't want anyone else in the monopoly. It is rather strange to be showing them off on live TV.
I know the Al does "interesting places" reporting, but this just seemed a bit weird. He usually covers ballparks and festivals, monuments and such.
Hmmmmmmm

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegdfather
how come its ok for us to have 200 plus nuclear warheads and we can show it off.

Ha ha! - try the US having 10,000+ warheads.

Some estimates put the figure closer to 15,000 - with a further 6,000 + that can be readied at relatively short notice. And those figures do not include the ones awaiting dismantling.

200?? where did that figure come from? I think Israel is supposed to have 200+

Oh yhea do forget about the 60+ live warheads that have been 'misplaced' by the USA alone over the years through plane crashes, lost subs and general dumb mistakes

Kinda scary when you think what just one can do! - and those 2 dropped on Japan were tiddlers compared to modern ones

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Don't know where you pulled the number of warheads from, but the US only had around 7200 in the 2004-2005 inventory.

Russia had just over 8000 in same period.

Onto this thread. I too wondered why Al was doing this. Not really an atta boy let's join the military spot. More of a look at what we have and... "once it's launched, it can't be recalled"... He actually made that statement.

I find this curious.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

From here

I know what your saying about the piece - I'm not too sure of the motives either, but as I'm in the UK I find it a little hard to tell just how extraordinary it is, of course we don't get that particular show / channel.

Was very interesting tho.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If your interested in a breakdown of country by country with numbers. Here may be an interesting read for you. Several charts with numbers towards bottom.

Also puts the theory of nuclear winter to rest.

www.manningclark.org.au...

new topics

top topics

join