It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Water Found on the Moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Is my post invisible?

Yes JRA very transparent
After all that is a NASA says so

So the surface temp actually does get warm enough for liquid water to exist... now that IS interesting

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
can someone explain this image?

looks like a leg of some machine on the actual moon.
perhaps the water droplets are simply oil leaks from the machine?
i'm not sure, but that image def. put the image into perspective.
these arnt large amounts of water, just droplets, as the OP says.

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.
All images must remain at or below 680 pixels wide/tall

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Those droplets are 7-Up from Craft Services on Stanley Kubrick's movie set. The guys were guzzling when they took those photos. Hee, hee.

OK I'll get the hell out of here now.

jra

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
looks like a leg of some machine on the actual moon.

That's just a rake the astronauts used for collecting samples.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
it looks rusty,why would they take rusty old stuff to the moon? You'd bring out the sunday best for moon raking.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hi, all, since I was the one who found this image in the first place, I would like to point out that I do NOT think we are looking at any kind of liquid on or in this rock. I do not know what it is, but I am positive it's not liquid.

The thing I found really interesting in this rock, was the round opening at the bottom, where you can see the little colored crystals (?) inside. These crystals forms a shape that resembles the number 2.

The image should also have been color adjusted, because the photo was taken in an area of the moon where the surface is much more brown than it appears in NASA's image. When you adjust the color you will see more clearly that the little crystals (?) are green, red and white.

There is also an interesting feature right above the astronaut's rake, which looks artificial.

Here is a link to the full image:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Best regards, Ziggystar 60 (who actually feels a bit ripped off by Zorgon. He told me he would get back to me about the image, instead he just started his own thread about it. But I guess the important thing is that people here at ATS gets to see the image, no matter who posted it. And I am sure many of you takes Zorgon much more seriously than me.)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Hi, the thing you see in the image you posted, is not a leg of something. It is actually the astronaut's rake.

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You know, I can see where some might think this is a glass of some sort, but the refraction gradient in the substance is very similar to that of water. I find it suggestive of it's true substance, rather than anything else. The shape is also suggestive of what it is, as it's almost perfectly round, like water would be.

We need to remember that this is supposed to be the underside of a rock that was just turned over. How could these nearly perfectly round-shaped artifacts have been formed on the bottom side of a rock?

It just doesn't make any sense, unless we assume that it's ice that's just melted into water.

TheBorg

[Edited for context.]

[edit on 7-5-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Refraction?

I don't see refraction or transparency anywhere on those "drops", could you point to one instance of that refraction?

Thanks.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

In this image:

Look at the largest drop in the lower middle. If you look closely, you'll see a magnification of the surface below the "drop". To me, this screams liquid.

TheBorg

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Please comment on the bubble looking reflections in the upper left corner of the image. It looks like foam bubbles to me. whatever it is it is almost transparent if the reflections indicate shape.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Personally I'd like this to be water and what not but it isn't.
I've taken a good look at the image and I have to confirm that there is dust on top of these formations. All over the place actually if you really zoom in.

The moon has had volcanic activity in the past and before it became tidally locked, the tidal forces pulling and stretching the moon is what supposedly caused this volcanic activity.

Soo.. to me I would guess this is very similar to volcanic basalt. It could be a super cooled gas bubble of some sort form and eruption etc.. This does not in the least have to be a form of water.

Basalt in it's natural state can be found rough and smooth depending on how it was formed. I am in no way positive this is what it is, but it makes more sense to me than anything else that I've heard thus far.

Edited to add a comment on the magnification people are seeing. Given that I believe this is a type of volcanic formation and it's on the moon, I have no ide what it's composed of but it's obviously very smooth. To me the "magnification looks like reflections. Sort of like mercury. I'm sure if you were to take a thermometer, break out the mercury and put it in/on some sand and dirt, you would get all sorts of similar type reflections and could post it somewhere and say it's moon water you could see through.

The other thing about water is it isn't "beading".. i don't see any real surface tension and I would assume that water in such a close proximity would be in a pool rather than such odd sized looking globs..

b

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Bspiracy]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Is my post invisible? It's glass guys. There are more mentions of it in the APollo surface journal. The astronauts talk about it a fair bit in there.

Spot on, jra! Your post is as visible as the full Moon on a clear summer's day!

It’s pretty obvious that there cannot be water on the Moon. Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center (JSC) and a member of the group that oversees the Lunar Sample Laboratory Facility at JSC where most of the Moon rocks are stored says, "We've found particles of fresh glass in Moon rocks that were produced by explosive volcanic activity and by meteorite impacts over 3 billion years ago."

A glass spherule (about 0.6 mm in diameter) produced by
a meteorite impact into lunar soil. Features on the surface
are glass splashes, welded mineral fragments, and microcraters
produced by space weathering processes at the surface of the
moon.
SEM image by D. S. McKay (NASA Photo S71-48109).
Courtesy: NASA

A close-up view of 1 mm diameter zap pits shows
tiny craters lined with black glass surrounded by a
white halo of shocked rock.
Courtesy: NASA

So do we see water droplets here? Most likely not! Unless the reports are fudged!!

Cheers!

science.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hi, I agree with you that we are not talking about anything liquid here at all. But Zorgon doesn't concentrate on what I thought was strange with this rock - the tiny colored "crystals" (?) inside the round opening at the bottom of the rock. They appear to be green, white and red, and together they form a pattern that resembles the number 2.

I also think there is a feature just above the astronaut's rake that looks artificial.

I would like to hear your opinion about these two things, if you have the time.

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
reply to post by Now_Then

Regardless, the fact still remains that this appears to be water on the underside of a lunar rock sample. Is there a simpler explanation for how that could have gotten there?

TheBorg

Maybe one of the Apollo astronauts had to take a leak while in the Moon. I bet that his liquid is still 'roaming' around Moon's surface

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A (hopefully) final note on water...

Liquid water can not exist at the low pressure experience on the moon's service. It can exist as ice but, if heated, would undergo a phase change to a gas without entering a liquid state first.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

The shape is also suggestive of what it is, as it's almost perfectly round, like water would be.

Ehrm, sorry but could you please explain the way you have come to the knowledge how water would look on the moon ?

Most probably that's glas or some kind of metal from meteroid impacts, as mentioned already.
But i guess, some are already searching for a message from ET in it

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Are you meaning this, ziggy?

Heck! Damned if I know what these colored 'marbles' are. And as shown in Zorgon's post the 'marbles' seem to have shifted position in the next frame. This could possibly be the astronaut fingering them out of curiosity before taking the next shot!

But what this colored stuff is, I haven't the faintest idea, as of now. But let's see what comes up!

Cheers!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
d00d those "water" holes are not water they are raised. I'm guessing some kind of smooth obsidian like rock... or "sand" melted from extreme heat....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Yes, this was the thing that caught my attention when I found this image, and it would have been the subject of my thread about this moon rock.

Thanks for your reply, I hope someone can explain what these lights/crystals are! it is certainly strange that NASA doesn't mention them at all in the transcripss of the Apollo 15 mission! If this is some kind of unusual but very natural phenomena, you should think they wil describe it, wouldn't you?

Thanks from Ziggystar60.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join