It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Patron Saint For George W.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

A Patron Saint For George W.

Davy Crockett is the patron saint of every politician who ever left Washington with a bruised ego and a broken heart. When he was bounced out of Congress in 1830, Davy told the folks on the banks of the Nolichucky River in Tennessee: "I'm going to Texas, and the rest of you can go to hell."

. . .
"Let's start local. The politicians and pundits have persuaded you that the economy is in the tank. That's despite record numbers of homeowners, including record numbers of minority homeowners. Minority business ownership is at record levels, too. Our unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton administration. The stock market has rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever own stocks. But all you can do is whine about gasoline prices, and most of you are too dumb to realize that the price of gasoline is high because the Chinese and the Indians are driving cars now, and because Al Gore and a handful of wacko greenheads are more worried about polar bears and their beachfront property than they are about you.

Ouch!...
To the haters, I surely hope this doesn't "get your goat", but I was just wondering what the honest and objective thinking people thought about this.

Sure, I know he is not very popular but it would be interesting to see if anything positive that happens tomorrow will be a direct result of the many unpopular choices he made today, ala Churchill; Winston, that is.

Full Story Here

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Is it just me or does Davy Crockett look more like Sloth from the Goonies in that image?

I'm not an economist, a scientist or a politician so my opinions are that of an every-day American, if not more educated than the average bear on current events both political and otherwise.

The politicians and pundits haven't persuaded me that the economy is tanking, the economy has persuaded me just fine. It's not just about what i pay at the pump, it's now about what i pay at the grocery store, Best Buy, WalMart (if i went there), even my local convenience store. It's about the fact that i can't get a home loan because mortgage companies were so quick to give loans out to anyone who would sign their names. Now I make enough money to afford a mortgage but i can't get a loan to save my life because apparently my credit rating has to be STELLAR and not just above average like it once did.

It's about the fact that my rent has gone up $100 in the last year. I am now paying out about $160 per month in gas as opposed to $80 previously. More and more people are owning stocks and that's great. Unfortunately, i'm not able to contribute any money into my new 401k as of yet because my wife can't find a job in her field, and thus i have to account for the money somehow.

I know this post is disorganized and for that i apologize, but i don't honestly believe the economy or my way of life has improved in the last 8 years, not at all. Everyone i know is paying more for virtually everything. I know it's easy to say the oil prices have risen due to China and India consuming more, but our government should have known that and planned accordingly. Hell, i've been talking about China and India for years, and i'm just an average guy.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A patron saint for George W. Bush?

That would be St. Jude, the patron saint of lost causes.

Some may consider it appropriate that he is also known as St. Judas.

join