It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cursed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I am writing what will probably be too personal of a thread, but since you all are my inter-fam, I wanted to go ahead and try.

I recently moved in with my brother, into a 4 bedroom home in the S.B. area. I moved inn for personal reasons, but this was not charity on anyones part. (we both pay equal rent) I tell you this because I don't want to hear that I am depressed or creating my own reality. I believe that this home is cursed, and I want to first tell you why, and then pose my question.

The house, as I know of first, was owned by a man named Jerry. Jerry bought the home in the late 1980's, and was just one of those surfer types that populated the Northern S.B. area. Shortly after Jerry moved in, he suffered a very odd accident at the beach, not two miles from here. He became paralyzed from the waist down. Determined not to let this defeat him, Jerry lived in S.B. for a few years, before realizing that not being able to join his friends in his previous joy's was too depressing to handle. He contemplated suicide, before finally moving to Seattle. Jerry then rented the home to a friend of his. This man, who we will call "dave", also moved in a young artist, named , ummm, "steve".

Well, Steve became a raging alcoholic, contrary to his personality, and was asked to leave. Dave then brought in his new wife, and they began a household. Less than a year into the marriage, they learned she was pregnant. Being the good hippies they were, they decided on a home birth. The young girl born to them suffered massive complications in the home, and even though she was in the hospital within minutes, she is severely disabled. Her younger sister, born in S.F later., had no such home complications, with the same midwife.

Next, we have my brother, and his friends. There has been a steady flow of room mates over the last 5-8 years, but the list of tragedies goes on forever. But what I want to focus on is the last two years. My brother, a disabled vet, has watched his injuries begin to multiply. Many are unconnected, and anomalies. The docs call it just plain bad luck. My brothers' other room mate, "D", was in a horrific accident just three months ago, and now he too, is in a wheelchair.

So, then there was I. I have been here a while now, and although I have had perfect health my entire life, find myself at the hospital all weekend for internal swelling. Checking in each day, and then leaving and coming back, for more and more tests...(the hospital is real close to me) The docs to this point are baffled. I can't eat, work, or go to school.

My point is, I have actually had many things go wrong in the last three months I have been here.
My brand new t.v., broken. My Xbox 360, broken. My basically new car, broken, and with really odd stuff. My CAT!, Really sick with a weird infection the vet normally never sees. I have had Identity theft, and lots of other things go wrong.

So is this house cursed? Is that possible?
I believe this to be the right forum, and I am not doing this for attention. I just wonder.
P.S. Please, although I cannot control your responses, do not respond to this thread with a , "yeah, I agree", or" you are full of crap". I Don't need the points. If you agree and have nothing to add, just throw me a star. But really, I guess that this weekend has depressed me a lot, and I wanted to reach out to all you to get some feedback.

Thanks, Jason

[edit on 6-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 6-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes.

I grew up in a house that sits on the corner of Outpost and Castilian St. in the hollywoood hills. if you google earth it it's the spanish looking one sitting on the south east corner if you want to see it.

This house has been known to be haunted for about 100 years. I could go all into the hauntings but the house was more than haunted. it was also determined to be cursed. The owners previous to my dad had horrible luck when they lived in it. My happy go luck family had horrible luck when we lived in the house. We eventually sold the house to a famous actor. He had a career with a bunch of movies in the theaters co screened with other famous actors. you know the names of these film trust me and the actor. Won't disclose his name here but would in a U2U. the second he moved into the house his career tanked. he too thought it was the house. he sold the house a few years later because of this issue and the second he did he got a contract to do a movie that did pretty well on the screen and his career was fine again after that. I don't think he's up to much now but thats because I thinks he's getting pretty old and not so into the acting thing as much.

The point is everybody thought that the house was cursed in some way.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Why is that do you believe? My experience with the topics in this board are fairly limited, and probably filled with misconceptions....

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Should I have named this thread more appropriately?

I am really no that familiar with this side of the fence, if you know what I mean. Basically, I am trying to figure if this is possible, and then how can I change it? (so far I have one person that says yes...)
And please don't say leave. I am more concerned for my brother.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The only definition of a "curse" I have is 'negative energy'.

We (humans) send out both positive and negative energy and even after death, if we choose to stay in a plane close to the one we live in, we still exist as some form of energy. In most cases, such as in haunted places, the energy is negative to some degree. This can be the result of cold-blooded murder or a desperate clinging to our plane after dying having lived a most depressing life.

Now, the curse, so to speak, it the negative energy a person leaves back. This doesn't mean the spirit of said person is still there; they simply left an imprint of their negativity in a particular space in the physical plane.

This imprint later on extends to the energy of the person(s) staying in close proximity of it. This results in failing careers, accidents and other unpleasant events that can occur to one or more people.

The only solution I can give you is to invite a medium and find out who, what or where this energy is coming from and who might have left it behind. Then try everything to get rid of it. If all methods fail, I recommend to move... immediately.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes, houses and lands can be cursed, and evil entities hold sway over them. The good news is that you can cleanse the house of evil entities. There are websites that will tell you how to do it in a biblical manner. One involved hyssop, but I can't remember the details, or where to find it.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blue dome

I accept that there are many things that my religion has failed to open up explanations to. I think this has more to do with the leaders and writers of my faith closing down many avenues due to their misguided ideals and dogma. That said, although I normally would be opposed to such a thing as a medium, how would one go about finding one who is not some quack looking to extort me?

Is there something I can do in the meantime? I consider my self to be a child of light, and therefore open to the use of my own positive energy. I just feel it draining here. Plus there is this literal pain in my side now....

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

It would help if you knew what it was. I guess that i have always sensed energy in other people, as well as "good" and "bad" as well. What I do lack is the ability to control my interactions with the paranormal that I have "sensed" as well as I can the "seeing" of these other fields. Make sense?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
HI jason Your qeustion is it possible for someone or something to be curesed. I would have to say most deffinatly! I do not know what you beleive as far as spritual back ground. but what I will tell you It might not be you that is (cursed but rather some one else tied to the house or maybe even the hous its self. I know it sounds crazy but it is true. depending on what your faith is will depend upon if you will be able to break this curse. I geus it comes down to how sure are you that thereis deffinatly something going on? and do you realy want to get rid of this once and for all. I am strong spritauly. (christainity ) I dont judge other peoples beliefs but there are things you can do. I will check back in while to see what you think elaborte,... let's talk.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dasioux777

I am unabashedly christian, however more in the protestant way. I also feel like the Dogma of organized religion has forced me from the church, but not my faith. That said, I believe it is the house that is cursed, Due to the many events that have occurred before I moved in. I am open to most anything except leaving, as my brother would still be here, and I would worry....

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Jason, I'm pretty new to the board and don't know you very well, and it does sound like the house might be causing this in some way, but have you looked into possible physical reasons this might be occurring? That is, is the location of the house putting its residents in a place with certain physical properties that are making residents sick or are causing possible mental troubles that are resulting in deteriorating physical conditions? Do your neighbors in other houses have similar problems or is it just your house?

I'm certainly not discounting the theory that your house could be cursed, but it might be best to see if there are possible non-paranormal reasons for these problems first. (I am not especially aware of anything that might cause what you say is going on in your house, but it's certainly not my field, either.)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I believe the house was not only haunted but cursed based on my experiences and along with other peoples experiences from a psychologist, my whole family, and a famous actor whom all lived there and felt the house was cursed. people would have average luck before they moved into the house, then their luck would nosedive when they lived in the house, the second anybody moved out of the house, bang everything turned right around and their luck would go back to normal.

Most people felt like the house had some sort of tension when you were in it. sorta like you just entered a room where people had been arguing and they stopped arguing for your sake when you walked in but the tension could be cut with a knife. The whole house had that aura to it. you felt like you were being watched at all times and you felt that the house just plain didn't want anybody in it or on it's property.

Besides from the fact that everybody living in the house would soon feel depressed (the house is gorgeous, even been in a couple of B rated movies before on the Skinamax channel) they also had all of their relationships with friends deteriorate for no good reason, people tended to feel angry for no reason in this house. something bad happed there a long time ago because it just had that residual negative feeling to it. some parts were worse than others in the house. the whole third floor was constantly giving people creepy feelings like they were being watched, shadow people, cold spots and the occasional report of inanimate objects twitching or moving a little bit in front of peoples eyes.

The main floor had activity in the dinning area. THings left on the table would disappear for about 2 weeks and then suddenly re appear exactly the way it was left. paranormal investigators called this phenomenon Displacement of Objects. We would search everywhere and the object would not be found only to reappear later. Usually small object. the most notable being an african paper machete sculpture about 8 inches high.

The main floor also had a sunken living room with two offices adjacent to it. People would constantly hear classical music quietly eminating from the direct center of the room. no electronics or musical equipment was anywhere near this living room or it's side offices. the usual shadow people would be experienced there too. Strange not really orbs but phosphorecent like quality would be observed in that main living room and the two rooms off of that living room, like the air was barely glowing in splotches down there. When we were doing work on the house we found off of the living room a completely walled in spiral staircase that went to a walled in area right off the master walk in closet on the next floor up. nobody knew that that stair passage was there, nor was it disclosed to us when we bought the house. weird that it lead to a bedrooms closet. Also the main stair case to the upper floor was only about 10 feet away from this random spiral staircase. The side yard which had a door to connect to one of the offices off this living room always made everybody including the gardeners feel weird like it was sacred or not ment to be messed with. you just didn't feel welcome in that part of the side yard. once the neighbors dogs got out. big akitas and when they got into that section of the side yard they started to act skittish and made little whimpering noises like something was spooking them. they would bark at you from beyond the fence all the time but would never follow you if you walked into that section of the side yard. they just wouldn't go near it.

The real doozy was the bottom floor/basement/wine cellar/ nanny's quarters. Down there you constantly felt like something was going to grab you from behind or jump out of the shadows and bum rush you. Down there you would feel cold spots too but some, not I, but a nanny who went running from the house in the middle of the night swore she saw a ghost down there. she never ever came back even to get her stuff and she didn't have much she could afford to part with. incidents like this happened a few more times when we lived in that house. weird lights could be scene down there too. My sister always used to call the area in the backyard right next to the door on the bottom level that let out to the backyard a ghost graveyard when we were little kids. for some strange reason we always felt that certain object in the back yard. a few random boulders were evil, ghost inhabited or something. I guess the closest approximation is that we felt like they were horocruxes of some sort. (possessed objects)

Weird things would happen in that back yard. deer and coyote would always avoid it when passing through the neighborhood at night, but great horned owle's loved the yard. they even made off with our miniature schnauzer Igor one day in broad daylight. my mom even watched the owl swoop down snatch our dog and sail off with it thrashing in it's talons. damn those owls were intimidating they even liked to hang out on the upper floor bedroom balcony railings and stare back at you through the windows. very weird.

So for that and a few more reason we all felt that the house was more than just haunted but cursed too. independant psychics and paranormal investigators from native americans to reputable people to complete kooks all thought the house was haunted and gave various theories from a residual bad energy left on the house to indian sacred site where spirits would pass through. (not a graveyard or anything like that)

another factor could also be that my dad used to collect weird ass african wooden sculptures and dolls and mayan artifacts that he may or may not have taken from mexico legally. one african doll used to scare the crap out of me and my sister. even though we both never witnessed anything like this we both haver memories of this wooden doll about 18 inches high move it's head to watch you and that it was flying around once. although we both never witnessed this and we both never talked about it until later, we both remember it flying aorund or watching us. weird.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I wanted to answer the posters in order, but WOW man...

I think your story is similar, in pieces to what I have heard before. I went to a party in LA once, the guy who directed cars and all that, and it was shortly after they had unearthed a secret room in their basement. It had a small bed, small dresser, and a couple of dolls and toys in it. Almost like an old holding cell, the walls were hand dug. My point is, besides the creepy memory, that I know that such things exist.

I am not sure if that is the case here. There has been mention of a medium, but how do I go about that? I mean, if this is the case, how do I know? by checking with one, right?
Killer story, thank you so much for sharing...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by asilvahalo

Hey, I am not "hung up" on it being paranormal, I just think that it was a valid option. I actually have spent the last month trying to figure it out, through natural means. I just also thought that the poster below you mentioned something I've never heard of, which is the displaced object theory... So maybe it is wrong, but I can't find a natural source if you will.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not for one minute did I feel you where the cursed one upon reading your post. This is a history of evil events happening to those who have ties to that house. Major illness as well as magnification of existing health issues are also not unheard of in hauntings. Its the house, not you. Go to the library on a day your not being probed and poked at the hospital and spend some time finding out what ever you can about that house and the grounds it stands on. You may find leads to horrendous things that might be connected with your problem. Some here might be able to give you links to 'sensitives ' in that area with a good track record of recognition of entities in your house. There could infact be a kind of war going on between more than one entity and you and your friends are the recipients of the bad energy infesting your home! I hope you can overcome this and the other problems you are experiencing.

Just my impressions from my past.
Zindo

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There could infact be a kind of war going on between more than one entity, and you and your friends are the recipients of the bad energy infesting your home!

forgot to put a comma after entity. its not you at war its two entities!
Wanted to make sure you understand
Zindo

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just one advise, move out of that house as soon as humanly possible for you, once you feel something is bad it will be bad, so find another place and start with a clean mind that the bad is behind and only good will come for you.

Just pack and leave, houses can hold bad energies for long periods of time and will accumulate with more bad energies through the years.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

It's okay. I just was worried you'd jumped to "paranormal source" without considering a possible physical source. I think it's possible a paranormal source could be valid, as well. I was just hoping you were looking into all possibilities.

Whatever it is, I hope you can figure it out.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Thanks, you have no idea with that probed and poked comment. I think I will start with the library tomorrow. hey have micro film there. I know that my neighbors have all moved in within 6 years, so they are no help. Thanks for your comment, I don't know exactly what is going on, but I feel something is "off".

Is there a test I can do? Is there anyone who knows of a medium who isn't a scammer in the S.B. area?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I am not starting this thread for attention, and after saying that, I have to add that I cannot move. I cannot leave my two disabled room-mates behind. Maybe in a year, but not now. I know you did not say I wanted attention, I just know that is the easiest solution, and that most will wonder why I don't leave.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join