It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the older members gathering?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have a feeling like there must be some new sites where I can find the members that kept me here, interested. Where could they be gathering now?
Too much going on in the world today to loose touch with so many good people reguardless of where they gather.
Are people just dissapearing? are they going some place else?
Has big brother begun warning them to leave sites like these?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
At times I think they are gone, and then there they are popping in for a coment now and then. So its not like they have just vanished, so where are they?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No Idea myself. I have heard rumors (rumors are treason punishable by summery exicution) But I don't know where the older members have gone. I am assuming it boils down to ATS burnout. This is a serious life threatening condition that affects ATS membership when a person has been here too long.

The only cure is to unplug for a while and reset yourself. After a brief period of offline activity such as going outside. A member is cured and may resume posting on this site once again. However if a member does not heed this warning they may die at their monitor because of malnutrition and dehydration as it appears that many members only leave the site in order to sleep.

Its being investigated by the CDC and may be put on a list and the ACLU may pick up the further problem of lack of job by some members that get so scared that they do not return to work because they feel that "They" are out to get the member.

Its truly sad to see. In one extreme instance a member was found clutching his mouse and keyboard and could do nothing except hit the refresh button again and again. The only thing they could say was Deny Ignorance. It was heartbreaking to watch. Malnourished and dishevelled the member was flown by flight for life to a local hospital but they were unable to remove the mouse from the members hand as the skin had grown around the device and had attached itself to the central nervous system. If the doctors were to remove the mouse the person would have gone into cardiac arrest and died.

oh wait um did I say I dunno?

[edit on 5/7/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here I am .... I'm old....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
THere was such a good mix of people on ATS back in the Day...

Small enought that you 'knew' the people...

Now its hard, ATS is like a HUGE City now, when back in the day it was just a small town, everyone knew everyone, and now, mabye, 5% of the people have been on here more then a year...

I dont know where everyone is going... during my time on ATS, i have taken several long breaks... mabye everyone just has spring fever...

And since they killed PTS... i am liking this site less...

ATS got crazy, and on PTS there were many Great discutions between a few people, and most idoiots didn't know how to access PTS, so that kept most bad posts out...

Now, i cant find the threads that i used to post in on PTS...

Blah...

new topics

top topics

join