It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi alleges Abu Ghraib torture, sues US contractors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Iraqi alleges Abu Ghraib torture, sues US contractors

news.yahoo.com

In an interview with The Associated Press on Monday in Istanbul, Turkey, al-Janabi said he hopes the lawsuit sheds light on what happened to him and other detainees.

"God willing the righteousness will emerge and God willing the criminal will receive his punishment," al-Janabi said.

Al-Janabi, 43, said he was detained by U.S. troops during a late-night raid in which he and his family were beaten by their captors. He said he was taken to a military base where he was stripped naked, a hood was placed on his head and his hands and legs were chained.

"They (U.S. troops) did not tell me what was the reason behind my arrest ... during the interrogation, the American soldier told me I was a terrorist ... and I was preparing for an attack against the U.S. forces," said al-Janabi, who denied the accusation and claims he was forced to give confessions under "savage" intimidation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Those wo major U.S. military contractors, who arrested & savagely tortured Emad-al-Janabi were sued after 5 years of silence in the main-stream media about his particular case:

He was repeatedly tortured for 10 long months.

Emad al-Janabi's federal lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles, claims that employees of CACI International Inc. and L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. punched him, slammed him into walls, hung him from a bed frame and kept him naked and handcuffed in his cell beginning in September 2003.

Also named as a defendant is CACI interrogator Steven Stefanowicz, known as "Big Steve." The suit claims he directed some of the torture tactics.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hope this man gets the chance to stand in front of the POS who tortured him in a court of law. I further hope he gets the justice he is looking for.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We must treat them like humans not animals. Even though they are criminals. Treat them as humans not like torture them like animals.They think this is funny and fun, for me is not. Justice should be serve humanly not animaly.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alvatore

Well I agree with 'most' of what you said, except for the "they are criminals" part...Are you aware that a vast majority of these "criminals" were released after it was found that they had done nothing wrong? In fact, a good many of them that would even HAVE qualified as having done something wrong were simply fighting back against foreign invaders and occupiers on their land. Any of us would do the same if the roles were reversed---Does that make us "criminals"?

S & F Chad--Another good find friend.

new topics

top topics

join