It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malmstrom AFB-Underground Silos-Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here is a video from NBC about this underground facility. Pretty interesting that they let Al Roker down there. I also found it interesting listening to the cammo dude talking about the sensors in the ground.

video.msn.com...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That was pretty cool, i had to laugh when he said they wearn't allowed down inside the bunker, because just touching one of these missiles can cause the conventional explosives inside to explode, and while he is saying it there are three blokes behind him stroking one

If i had the cash id buy one of the abandoned ones to live in, total security with generators air filters , water filtration, what a home that would make, the hermits dream.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Yeah, nothing like a little over the top melodramatics from Roker.
I think they said the guys behind them were performing a drill, so probably no live explosives though.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My dad was stationed there in the late sixties when cattle mutilations were just starting in the area. Gotta love those silos. I WANT ONE!! Fill it up with water and yell to the kids "Stay out of the deep end!" You just know that by now we have much more sophisticated underground facilities. Those silos are at least forty five years old.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i read alot of former silos etc..and this has to be the best one ever made into a home....its a former atlas silo in newyork state.silohome.com

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

It would be interesting to know where the current "secret" silos are now, I mean you know if they are showing these off they must have a bunch hidden away in mountains etc.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ummmmm, is there supposed to be something secret about this? There are a few hundred ICBM silos spread through out many states in that area, based at FE Warren in Wyoming, Malmstrom in Montana and Minot in N. Dakota.

No there are no other super duper top secret silos.....the nukes that they could shoot out of these would do the job plenty. Just because the silo is 45 years old, doesnt mean what comes out of it is.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
its like 500 or 600 weird number also...i think of minuteman and 50 mx tucked away that this one site that covers 3 states.I even seen the field before on a map.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
its like 500 or 600 weird number also...i think of minuteman and 50 mx tucked away that this one site that covers 3 states.I even seen the field before on a map.

The number is not that high, but there is probably that many total warheads. What are you referring to by 50 mx?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The US Air Force currently operates just over 500 ICBMs at around 15 missile complexes located primarily in the northern Rocky Mountain states and the Dakotas. These are all of the Minuteman III ICBM variants.. Peacekeeper missiles were phased out of the Air Force inventory in 2005.Ok sorry my info on the mx was wrong but they had 50 of them that were operational before 2005.However, since the abandonment of the START II treaty, the U.S. is said to be considering retaining 800 warheads on 500 missiles.

And this info is also published from 1999 ill give the link.
LAND-BASED INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILES

At the end of FY 1999, the United States will have 500 Minuteman III ICBMs and 50 Peacekeeper missiles. If START II enters into force, the United States will modify all Minuteman III missiles to carry only one warhead and will retire all Peacekeepers. In this transition, DoD may redeploy the Mark 21 reentry vehicle (RV), currently deployed on Peacekeeper, on a portion of the single RV Minuteman force. Mark 21 RVs contain features that further enhance nuclear detonation safety and reduce the risk of plutonium dispersal in the unlikely event of a fire or other mishap.

The United States is not developing or producing any new ICBMs. This makes it difficult to sustain the industrial base needed to maintain and modify strategic ballistic missiles. To maintain the Minuteman ICBM system and to preserve key industrial technologies needed to sustain ICBMs and SLBMs, the budget provides funding to replace guidance and propulsion systems, as well as to preserve a core of expertise in the areas of reentry vehicle and guidance system technology.

fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/forces.htm

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
dod.mil/execsec/adr98/chap5.html

just some more info on the nuclear forces.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

that makes no sense, you obviously dont know anything about them.

top topics

join