It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it The Evening Star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have always wanted to publish this story. In 1958, my mom and her twin sister and brother-in-law had traveled from Tulsa, Ok to Stillwater to see their grandmother on her death bed. I was an infant at the time. They returned to Tulsa late evening around midnight, traveling an old two- lane highway. A few miles out of Stillwater, they saw a very large UFO of various bright colors that seemed to change, and this UFO came right in front of them on the road, hovering maybe 50 yards in the air. My uncle was driving the car, and of course my mom and aunt were screaming hysterically. He was very afraid but was trying to maintain control o f the situation. When the UFO would blast up just ahead of them, he stopped the car. He got out a couple of times and just sat on the hood, not knowing what to do because the object was playing cat and mouse with them. When he would sit on the car, it would hover a few moments, then in a blink of an eye, it would be completely on the far horizon as far as the eye could see. Then the whole thing would start again. It would come back and hover over the car, John would stop, get out and the thing would blast off again. What should have been an hour and half drive took 4 hours. Sand Springs was the first town they came to where they knew where the police station was (SS is about 10/15 miles from Tulsa) and they drove directly to police station. Policemen came out and saw the object in the distance. It disappeared shortly. An article was written in the Sand Springs newspaper the next day or two that was titled "Was it the Evening Star?" which told the story. I have heard this story since I was a little kid, from three people who are all completely sane. I know it happened and I think it is a major UFO event. Back at the time this happened, Tulsa reporters hounded all three of them to come forward and be interviewed and tell the story for Tulsa paper, but they made a pact to not talk about it anymore, 1) because they were in shock and just wanted to forget it and 2) they say that in those days many people would have labeled them as loonies and they didn't want that. Now, they all say they know this thing could have blasted them into oblivion and no one would have ever known what even happened to them, but for some reason it didn't. They now think the "beings" controlling it had a sense of humor somehow and just wanted to have some fun. By the way, they said they never saw another vehicle on the road the entire time, which if you knew rural Oklahoma at the time is believeable. Well that's it, just another story to file away in the UFO saga.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Interesting post Bumbeni. I imagine a lot of people have seen things that they've chosen not to speak of out of fear of being ridiculed, or labelled as loonies. I think nowadays though people are a little more open-minded, and really do want to believe there is more out there than just what we can see.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Aww thanks for the nice post Lloyd.

There is an article about the whole thing which was in the newspaper. I called the Sand Springs Leader the other day and they have the 1959 archives in a museum, am going to try to find it. My mom has misplaced it over the years. She told me, which I had forgotten, that Tulsa sent search planes out to look for it, the cops in Sand Springs did see it the ufo. If I can find that article I will post a copy of it here.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumbeni

No problem Bumbeni. If you can locate a copy, I'd like to read it.

top topics

join