It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Felt Like I Was Slapped In The Face...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here it goes...another night episode of something out of the ordinary for me.
Last night I was trying to go to bed, and all of a sudden I felt like I was slapped on the right side of my face with the tingling sensation, what the hell!?!. I felt the tingling sensation go all over the right side but on no other part of my face. It was a really strong feeling but lasted for only a few seconds, maybe less than two. I have no idea what it was. It was very random.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I bet it was nothing more than ytour imagination.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
maybe you pissed a ghost off and he b**ch slapped u

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Do you have any dead relatives? Maybe you forgot to do your chores or something... it's a painful reminder! Next time it'll be a kick in the gonads...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thats happenned two me before. I have been sleeping and I wake up like some smacked me really hard on the back of the head or on my face. I can feel the tingly sensation right when this happens also. I have also woken feeling like someone had just touched my shoulder but theres nothing there.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Most likely you are experiencing common effect of your brain in a semi state of sleep. I often wake up when my brain tells me I'm "falling". I feel like i just fell out of bed or am in free fall and wake up still feeling that was for a second or two, until my brain is fully awake the sensation last.

Many odd things can happen in and near sleep states. Don't forget you are a biological thing, and EVERYTHING you sense is just that a sense, that not only can be fooled, but also has odd way of interpreting things.

Just for example the brain insist on interpreting things based on the light that hits your eyes. This is why when we see thing out of the corner of our eyes, even though we don't get enough of its image to know what it is our brain will interpret it anyways and we will actualy see something not there. This tends to be things like people, plants, insects, or animals because thats what humans have delt with for the last 200,000 years and what our brains expect. Though it can also be things we see often too, like cars or a TV.

I think many things people experience or see can be account for in that our brains aren't perfect at understanding and interpreting what our sense experience.

However, I also like the idea someone else in enother thread (to lazy to track it down right now) said... If our brain has not been trained to interpret some senses, it purposly ignores them. This too is true, we all have a blind spot, a small place right in front of us, that we can not see, so our brain just removes it when interpreting the world. The same goes for ringing in out ears. As you age the hairs in your ear that "hear" will occasionly die and thus send a constant tone to the brain. This is the random ringing in your ear that people become more familiar with as they age. However after a few min the sound dies down and goes away. This is becuase your brain starts to ignore that dead hair. So even though the source of the ringing continues for your entire life, you'll never hear it agaiin.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ricta
Thats happenned two me before. I have been sleeping and I wake up like some smacked me really hard on the back of the head or on my face. I can feel the tingly sensation right when this happens also. I have also woken feeling like someone had just touched my shoulder but theres nothing there.

Maybe while you sleep you git your cheeck on something.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sounds strange! Being slapped in the face..not a good thing!!

My friend had this happen but she had water thrown in her face...she jumped out of bed and the left side of her face was wet but no where else! she looked for a leak and there was none.
till this day she ponders about what that was!

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

My friend had this happen but she had water thrown in her face...she jumped out of bed and the left side of her face was wet but no where else! she looked for a leak and there was none.

Mabye someone releived themselves on her.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Drool

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
yea its drool...

that happens to me all the time....its probably because your face was numb....

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i get loads of wird sleep things, it leads me to believe somepeople are more prone to it than others, i get the waking dream, the sleep paralysis lucid dreams, teh falling dream that when u wake up u feel like uve just dropped a few feet in mid air and actually hit the bed on waking, i have also had what u describe a few times actually, only a punch in the nose, it felt real, i figure its more along the lines of, a crossed wire in the brain so to speak, somewhere between sleep brian mode and awake brian mode

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
lucid dreams are kool i was dreaming i went skydiving last nite

top topics

join