It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the sound?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hi all, been lurking this forum for a long time.

From all of the video's that where made of the attacks of the twin tower I noticed something.

As these airplanes where travelling below the speed of sound my question is, where is the sound of those airplanes in all of those video clips?

Some have some sound but many have not.

How come?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Prophet

Many of the videos were taken by cameras far away, using zoom lenses. That would mean the sound would be severely out of sync with the footage, so unless someone took the time and effort to re-align all the audio and video from each video, you're going to get some with sound, some without.

It's not enough to scream "conspiracy" to me, though

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
sound behaves similar to light, and depending on your location you might not hear anything at all due to deflection and absorption, much like being in the shadow of the towers. Consider the size of the towers and the deflection they offer and the general density of lower Manhattan combined with the massive amount of noise generated by emergency vehicles and the added commotion from thousands of people on the street, you maybe lucky to hear your own voice in the roar of a fire engine siren.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Interesting point, I've never really thought about this. There is no sound on the majority of video on 9/11.

I remember seeing a couple that had sound, and they stick out clearly in my mind, the sound of the airplanes smashing into the towers.

After thinking about this a while, I came up with this idea.

All chopper footage will have no sound. Too far away, too loud in the chopper, ect,

But what about all the street footage without sound? Well I offer this as a possible explination, from haveing worked in Manhatten (NYC) for a number of years.

It's a very noisy places. Taxi cabs, as well as other cars and trucks honking their horns CONSTANTLY, people yelling, work being done ect. Anyone shooting video of the city like a tourist would most likely have thier sound off. Does that make any sense?

I dunno, maybe it doesn't. I'm a truther, but I don't know if there's any conspiracy here. But it is an interesting point, mainly because I never really thought about it. I'm racking my brain right now as to which famous clips had sound and which didn't. My memory is saying most didn't. Then again I watched most of them on you tube video, that had music in the background to try to instill an emotion on the viewer ect.

I'm fairly sure the Naudet film of the first impact had sound, but he was interviewing a couple firemen at the time, and was fairly close (maybe 20-30)block from the towers? Give or take 10 blocks either way, hehe, hard to judge.

But ya, it's makeing me think thats for sure, but again I'm pretty sure this doesn't raise any questions, or help either side in whether or not 9/11 was an inside job or not. Interesting thought though.

top topics

join