It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok, i sent my official request for Hot Wing Sponsorship from The Anchor Bar. Let's see what happens. I hope i don't regret this.

I know it may sound strange, but I am requesting official sponsorship of your restaurant for my public profile on the ATS (Above Top Secret) web site. The web site is one of the most visited web sites for conspiracy theories, alien topics, and general news items.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I requested permission from the site owners for official sponsorship of my profile and Bill stated that the only sponsor that he would allow me to get would be your company. Apparently, he really likes your wings! Here is a link to the request.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, I all ready have the name Hot_Wings on the forum. I did this because I love hot wings. However, I feel that I could use my name to better promote a particular version of hot wings or a particular restaurant. I would change my signature and background photo to reflect your restaurant in exchange for some benefit. I would agree to make a certain number of posts each week or month to get your name out there on this heavily traversed web site.

What am I asking for in exchange for advertising your restaurant. We’ll, just a little food really, for now. It depends on how much publicity this wacky idea generates for your company. For the first three months I would like nothing more than a discount on purchasing wings from your store. I live in florida, so, this would have to be some kind of internet order I guess.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Hot_Wings

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have a technical question, alot of times my U2U's appear to have been opened before I ever see them, does that happen to anybody else? Sorry if it's been asked already...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I have a technical question, alot of times my U2U's appear to have been opened before I ever see them, does that happen to anybody else? Sorry if it's been asked already...

That happens when the person that sends it has checked it in his/her outbox.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh, alrighty. That clears it up then, thanks. I was starting to think maybe somebody was logging in as me or something, lol...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
Ok, i sent my official request for Hot Wing Sponsorship from The Anchor Bar.

Clearly... I was kidding when I responded.

Members are not allowed to engage in unauthorized advertising.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

so why not authorise it? sounds like fun.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I just read the link that springer closed and see good cause for it. If I owned ATS and allowed all of you the Privilege of enjoying the use of it. I certainly wouldnt want my good name and reputation to be publically destroyed. There are liable consequences to unjustly accuse.

What Are Defamation, Libel and Slander?

Generally speaking, defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm.

Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation.

Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Typically, the elements of a cause of action for defamation include:

A false and defamatory statement concerning another;

The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party (that is, somebody other than the person defamed by the statement);

If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
Damage to the plaintiff.

Source link;

www.expertlaw.com...

I have been a victim on here un internet bullying but this is above and beyond that.

It reminds me of a child with no respect for authority.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10200 bytes) in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/image.class.php on line 129

when I'm trying to upload a 3.3mb jpg...any help would be great. Thanks!

wZn

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Someone just u2u'd me about the same problem yesterday and I let them know they might need to resize the image. If it is too large (and their image I believe was 2.5 mg- smaller than yours), it will not upload. So try resizing it really fast before uploading it and let me know if that works. It solved the problem for the other member so it wouldn't hurt to try.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ah thanks - it says 50mb limit so I didn't think about that. Problem is if I resize quality will be lost so I just external linked it to imageshack. I'd love to be able to embed it with the full 3.3mb size, but oh well.

Thanks for your help,

wZn

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
hi

log time lerker first time poster here and really nervous

I shot a video of a really weird ufo thing yesterday that freaked me out and i need a ltl help in figuring out how to upload it here. when I saw the think my first thought was to send it here but now that i finely joined I need help in converting it so I can upload. I have the video in imovie but i have no clue abuot what should happen next. how do imake it to upload?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hey, i just lost the third line of my signature.... I've had to change it so all three fit now.

Have you adjusted the size limit of the signature..?

Because i haven't changed it in months and now all of a sudden i lost a line?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

[edit on 15/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Have you adjusted the size limit of the signature..?

No.

There has always been a fixed height limitation... and no changes for many, many months.

Perhaps it's only on BTS where the available width for posts has been reduced by about 30 pixels to accommodate the mutter window?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Oh yeah...i know the limits.
I haven't changed it for a while.

I think it may just be in BTS...i didn't think about that.

Ah well, I've changed it now anyway.

Cheers for the solving of the mystery SO

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Am I the only person who does not see a "story" in the Hero Dog thread in Global News? I asked about it in the thread and was told not to ask any more questions there, so maybe someone will answer here.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
never mind my previous post it's not important

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Am I the only person who does not see a "story" in the Hero Dog thread in Global News? I asked about it in the thread and was told not to ask any more questions there, so maybe someone will answer here.

Your thread... which you actually just copied from mine, is in "breaking general news"..... so WHAT are you talking about?

I don't really think we need two threads on such a non-story as you see it?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
**** DROP IT ****

At least in these public threads.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Ok I will drop it in the public threads.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Gold, Silver and Bronze content contributor tags?

Ohh what's this?

Looks new and spiffy!

And why the heck am I just a bronze. I should be gold at least. if not platinum.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join