It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ya'll are not playing fair here. It's supposed to be good cop, bad cop, not bad cop, bad cop, bad cop.

Where's our good cop??

Anyway, ATS cheerfully hosts some of the most bizarre wacked out nutjob conspiracy theories and "I am channeling the Federation of Magenta Radiance and here is how we must save the Earth..." threads I've ever seen in all my 51 years.

But .. you're worried that people will think less of ATS over a little role-playing?

I must need either sleep or coffee, because my poor little brain cells are not finding any logic or sense in there anywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

YES

Springer...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you.

You didn't need to yell, though. Everyone wants to make sure we are following the rules because we all appreciate this site. I think that appreciation got lost in the confusion and drama of the past couple of days.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

How hard was that. That stated in dats would have changed everything and all this could have been avoided.

And for clarification, I never saw a clique and certainly no gang in dats. Regulars certainly but all were welcome. If you see different please advice in the future.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Springer,

As a "chit chat" thread has been okayed - can you please clarify for me this thing about "cliques" - as no doubt, most of the people from DATS will probably gravitate to that thread...

Will that be a "clique" issue?

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just wanted to state my immediate reaction to this news...

I feel sorry for the people who found light hearted laughter and fun playing in the now closed forums.

Never went to DATS but maybe once when the boards were slow and I was lonely. Never got the impression it was a clique, but then it picked up my spirits and made me laugh in private at the frivolity. I have always thought it was just a place to blow off steam and have some friendships online. Chat will be the new DATs, just remember it has rather stringent rules because of the jerks that tried to shut it down...

As for the FCP... Wow, I had NOTHING but the greatest respect for the briliant people who hung out in there during the Fights, debates. I will not react to it being closed instead will respond with my deepest appreciation for the strenght I found just trying to be an occassional visitor there. Those regulars are probably the most intelligent and informed people on the planet, kind of like the ATS MENSA. Never did they ever make me feel less than them or unwelcome, always responded to any question with respect and clarity untill the answer was met. They treated all new commers as if we were as respected as them no matter how badly we could mess things up. I NEEDED the FCP during the couple of Debates I entered, without it I could not have one my first and been able to make it to the second. I have meant to go back, now it is too late, the last time I just went in and read about 5 or 6 pages and loved it.

I am way overly sensitive, and they were NOT a clique or anything but great people. (Did I miss something?)

Anyway it was a pleasure.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't have the time or the patience left to define what a forum clique is for you.

I have reached my limit with this latest round of "drama du jour"...

If you honestly don't know what a "forum clique" is and/or does please research it and then AVOID it at all costs on ATS.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
nevermind, my sarcasm is getting the best of me.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Blogstalker]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Springer, it is not my intent to use up your patience, or to amplify this drama.

I'm just trying to make sure that we don't face an issue similar to this in the future...

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Gangs? I never seen a gang:

A gang is a group of people who through the organization, formation, and establishment of an assemblage share a common identity.
LINK

That basically describes the Mods (Organization, Formation and Establishment) And all the mods know that I like each of them, but I do not see how a forum can be a home for a gang. That just never happened.

Clique? Never seen this either:

is an exclusive group of people who share interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity.Members of a clique will try to exclude others from the group and are often seen as bullies.
LINK

I did not see this either. When I went to DATS after FCP shut down, I was greeted by Rush, Blogstalker, and Carrot. They did not try to exclude me and they did not know me before hand either.

Now Role playing is a tricky word. Is role playing allowing having a Nickname like Bartender? I am not sure if you mean character role playing or nicknames not allowed?

Also Chit Chat is defined as:

light informal conversation for social occasions
Definition

Infromal? So by the very nature of the title of the forum it is misleading... by putting a limit on chit chat, one would have the change the entire definition. Which would probbaly be difficult.

So, Are we allowed to:

1) Have nicknames for eachother?
2) Post Pictures
3) Post Videos
4) Have regulars (regular members) in a thread?

Not trying to be an idiot, or aggrivate you, but I am trying to understand so this same thing does not happen again. Thats all, we are all on our toes walking through a room of broken glass. with fire underneath the floor. The only way to get through this is too have patience on both sides and explain everything with all the clairty in the world, because a lot of still do not know how or why.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
I'm just trying to make sure that we don't face an issue similar to this in the future...

As are we.

This isn't the first time an experimental "thing" has gone awry on ATS, nor will it likely be the last. As previously mentioned, we noticed the "Drunk @" thread some time ago, had reservations, but kept it alive to see how it went. It grew fast... we're busy... new we feel that allowing to to grow was probably the wrong decision. It happens.

Managing ATS is a tougher balancing act than nearly any other discussion board. We have a huge variety of numerous members from all walks of life and nationalities and ages. Our desire is that serious on-point discussion should occur on ATS (though we know it can't and shouldn't always be serious), so BTS was created several years ago as an off topic chit-chat venue for our ATS members. But there is still the need to ensure that BTS doesn't stray so far off point that the resulting cultural shift doesn't have an effect on ATS. Based on previous experience in matters such as this over the years, our concern was that the "Drunk @" could go there... so best to stop it now.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well, my my.

With all due respect, I am offended by your post regarding the closing of DATS as a role playing thread as well as the arrogance of some whom I will not name. When a group of like minded members (not clique, yes....I know the definition) have spent so much time and effort in one, if not the largest thread in BTS and then to be closed so abrubtly with a short "role playing/cluque" reason is to me sad and couldn't be farther from the truth.

All the time and energy I have spent in DATS I have never considered it to be a "role playing" thread. DATS was a relaxing place for members to hang out, chit chat, get to know each other and have fun. Which is what BTS is or maybe I should say was all about.

You say you are tired of the drama. I think the members are getting tired of active threads being closed, no reasonable explantaions and the basically "drama over move along" attitude of the staff.

It's a shame.

Rush

[edit on 9-4-2009 by hsur2112]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO, thanks for the clarification. I can certainly accept that much better than I can the other explanations and comments that were directed towards the DATS participants.

And thanks for allowing the other thread to open.

Rush

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think it is a great move by the owners to do this.
I didn't like the cliques either.... and i think this is a positive move

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I was in a clique once. a'course, I was the only one that joined, so it wasn't all that successful.

c'mon, you needed a whackamole perspective and a giggle. Admit it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
[edit on Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:36:05 -0500 by orange-light]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hi,

I, and many others who participated in the thread, "Debunking IIG's investigation of Billy Meier" are not very happy with the the deletion of this thread which came at a pivotal moment where one of the chief investigators, Derek participating in the thread publically admitted to not properly researching Meier's case.

We are not satisfied with the explanation that there were too many Meier threads(at the time it was deleted there were only two Meier threads running, the one I started that was deleted and the old one started by Gazrok). They both had different purposes as well, mine was specifically aimed at IIG's investigation of the Meiers case, and the other one was about discussing the "hoax of Meier" If this thread was objectionable, why was it allowed to gain 350+ replies over the course of several days? It was a very active thread, with new insights and arguments.

There was another Meier thread which was deleted/closed preceeding mine started by Ziggy which was sharing the new documentary by Michael Horn for ATS member. Again this move did not seem fair.

I also got a 1000 point pentalty warning for saying that "IIG is a fradulent and pseudoscientific organization" this was not an attack on any member, and yet others who attacked me, called me a nut, compared me to a terrorists and religious fanatics, to which I responded, "Please by civil, this is against ATS terms and conditions, lets have a civil discussion" Just prior to my post which got a warning, Derek(the IIG investigator) insulted me by calling me dumb and then posting a photograph of a monkey. I have a screen shot to prove it. I need to ask the site-admin did Derek get a 1000 point penalty as well, and many of others who engaged in outright slander, defamation and personal attacks against myself and other Meier supporters?

It looks like to us that there exists censorship on ATS against discussing Meier and double standards for Meier supporters. I really hope that is not the case and there is a rational and fair explanation for this behaviour.

Best Regards,

Indigo

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
It looks like to us that there exists censorship on ATS against discussing Meier and double standards for Meier supporters. I really hope that is not the case and there is a rational and fair explanation for this behaviour.

The "rational and fair" explanation is that we (ATS management) tend not to tolerate hoaxes... and we don't need a new thread trying yet again to perpetuate a proven hoax.

The new thread should have been deleted sooner, but due to some busy schedules, whet unnoticed by those who should make that decision.

It's unfortunate your perception of the Meier incident is otherwise. However, as far as we are concerned, it is in the category of "HOAX" and we be treated as one. Because of the prominent nature of the hoax, we tend to allow continued discussion... but please be aware that some have been banned from ATS for attempting to forcefully (read poor civility) promote it as something other than a hoax.

Thanks for your understanding.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If I may change the subject ...

I keep getting this message on "my home" at ATS media:

Thought I'd let you know.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

There are PLENTY of existing threads (I see you found one of them) to discuss the Meier HOAX on ATS.

WRT your question about censorship, YES, WE ABSOLUTELY DO censor the promotion of HOAXES.

The fact you disagree is perfectly fine, as you are entitled to your opinion just as we are entitled to not allow the promotion of HOAXES on our website.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join