It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
If it weren't for members providing incredible content The Amigo's wouldn't be rubbing elbows with celebrities, wouldn't have an entity to even organize as a business and sooner or later possibly reap quite nice profits from.

Precisely... hence my 'concerns' I have spent a lot of hours providing 'content' that I assumed was of value... and also promote ATS on my own site on many pages including the front page... all for free and glad to do it...

Now lately I have seen issues presented not only by those banned with a grudge, posting on Reality Uncovered, but by many good members... The post that was deleted of mine was when I simply asked why a celebrity stating an eyewitness report of a UFO sighting make front page news, while anyone else stating a 'story' with no backup is ridiculed..

I had naturally hoped that it wasn't the obvious... a simple ploy to drive viewers to ATS... but as you say it IS a private business

But what even started me on this questioning was a post made on Open Mind forum...

Re: Mars anomalies
« Reply #15 on Jan 9, 2007, 1:08pm » [Quote]
Simon Grey (one of the 3 ATS owners) posted today at RU.

"Of course ATS is a destination for serious discussion, evidence of that can be seen in that we have collaborated with NASA as one example on clarifying confusion surrounding images of Mars."

Considering my 'field' of research here, it's not hard to understand why that would concern me, especially since in the John Lear Moon Thread I had received an email from a JSC.NASA address commenting on my website... and a few weeks later some Apollo .tiff images on a JSC directory were pulled while we were in the middle of discussing them im the thread

I went to RU to see if this was true ( I actually was invited to go over there, kinda like walking into the lions den...)

I was told by one of the mods. that yes the post was there but had been moved to a private area... and he would see if he could get it for me...

Well I was 'locked out' within 72 hours (apparently because they did not believe it was me
)

Point is I never got to the bottom of that post that seems to have opened a real can of worms.. and I won't now as I have again been blocked from RU...

Seems that some don't like my kind over there

So I guess a direct question is in order... Was that statement by Simon Grey posted? And if so could you please explain what was meant by "we have collaborated with NASA" so that I can be sure its not out of context
Edit to add...

I am assuming that the AccessDenied in this thread is a different one than my errr... nemesis?

Strange that... and confusing

[edit on 18-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Are they saying they're using the contact form?

30 day cookies? Funny that mine never had this issue before... well I will have to take your word on that..

As to the others I will get exact details and get back to you... despite everything, I don't like to be used either

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The post that was deleted of mine was when I simply asked why a celebrity stating an eyewitness report of a UFO sighting make front page news, while anyone else stating a 'story' with no backup is ridiculed..

You saying a mod or Admin from ATS deleted your post because of that question on ATS?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I am assuming that the AccessDenied in this thread is a different one than my errr... nemesis?

Iam not access denied (with a space). That member is no longer here.

However, as for nemesis, I'm sure your new found friends will agree, that yes indeed..
Iam.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The post that was deleted of mine was when I simply asked why a celebrity stating an eyewitness report of a UFO sighting make front page news,

The Robbie Williams thread is getting a great deal of attention, and lots of replies. Our staff have asked, several times, that the replies remain on-topic within the thread. While it was certainly a subjective call, such a query within the thread could have been seen as off-topic... however, it's not for this thread.

The reason the thread is (currently) featured in a special box on the home page is because we got word that some U.K. tabloids would be covering the story, but only providing our general URL, not a direct link to the sighting thread. We added the feature to the home page so that visitors who read the papers can more easily find the thread. We did the same thing last week for the FBI Powerpoint story when several news papers covered our member's research, but only provided the site domain, not thread URL.

As for other sightings being ridiculed... we work hard to make sure such a thing doesn't happen, but often the fine line does indeed get crossed. Which is why we urge our members to help us out by using the various means of alerting us to such posts.

Considering my 'field' of research here, it's not hard to understand why that would concern me, especially since in the John Lear Moon Thread I had received an email from a JSC.

The extent of the "NASA Collaboration" is provided in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
They helped the former moderator, Kano, with some key information.

Seems that some don't like my kind over there

No worries, we like you here.

Strange that... and confusing

I was confused also... there is an "AccessDenied" and an "Access Denied." The space being the critical difference.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It's a long-standing bug from the legacy XMB code I still haven't been able to properly track down. The same issue effects the U2U button being lit when you've read all your U2U's.

How convenient for you.

True or false: It is impossible for you or anyone with administrative rights to reset Zorgons password…logon as Zorgon…read his U2U’s then logout and require Zorgon to reset his password before he can log back in?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyknockers

To be honest, it can happen with someone with access to the backend.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

True or false: It is impossible for you or anyone with administrative rights to reset Zorgons password…logon as Zorgon…read his U2U’s then logout and require Zorgon to reset his password before he can log back in?

Sure it's possible. But we don't, and have said that we won't. In fact, any actions contrary to our publicly posted privacy policy would be a rather serious offense for any website. If any member believes we've not acted in accordance with those stated policies, you're more than welcome to report us to the appropriate parties.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well... I haven't meant to offend you, Skeptic, by posting here after we talked. I hadn't read the thread I was referring to on the other site yet, and I was really surprised to be accused of lying after we'd talked, and that it was cool.

That's why I posted.

I think we're all cleared up, though.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Good grief,
I just had a post deleted because it was considered "Ill mannered"???? Are you friggin kidding me?

You guys need to get a grip.

What was the post about? I was asking a moderater to delete all the posts on a thread that were not relevant!

No wonder I hadly come here anymore....not while nazi Miss manners is around!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceweaver

Nazi Miss Manners was the Second Runner Up in the 1942 Miss Coney Island Pageant. Quite a hot ticket in her day believe it or not.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Why do I get two thread views?

This will probably seem a little paranoid, but why is it that when I click on a thread, it gets credit for two views? Is the system messed up, or do I have a piggy backer? I know this is true, because I visited a dead thread, and then back-paged to my profile. So does anyone know? Or should I start a conspiracy thread?
I had started this question in a thread, told to go here, tyvm!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Some Posts Were Removed

This thread is about issues directly related to member experiences on ATS, or questions regarding the operation of ATS... not issues ATS members may (or may not) have had as members of other sites.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceweaver
Good grief,
I just had a post deleted because it was considered "Ill mannered"???? Are you friggin kidding me?

Well... yes. You called a member an "idiot" in a post that focused on insulting that member and not the topic of the thread. We've made it exceptionally clear, in many ways, that such activity is simply not tolerated here.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
This will probably seem a little paranoid, but why is it that when I click on a thread, it gets credit for two views?

I think it's a coincidence of us simply being a high-traffic site. We average over 4,000 visitors on an hourly basis and about 700 at any given moment. The odds are very-high that popular threads will have multiple simultaneous readers.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi SO, do you know when we'll get Mr. Lear back posting on here? he's working on some new Moon base surface photographs. thanks.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Hi SO, do you know when we'll get Mr. Lear back posting on here? he's working on some new Moon base surface photographs. thanks.

No.

It's completely up to him. Back when the "drama" was solved we made it clear to him the door was still open (hence our initial, "more graceful" explanations for his absence).

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It's completely up to him.

thanks SO, I may email him and ask him to return. he's a really cool guy, you know what I mean? he was on Coast to coast last night. did you catch it?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller he's working on some new Moon base surface photographs. thanks.

Oh yeah... that is true... we just found access to a whole bunch of originals

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am a bit afraid to ask this question but why was onthedeck banned. I did not take part of the thread he started but enjoyed reading it and spoke with him thru private emails. I sent him a U2U he never recieved?

He was always polite and nice. Sorry I am new here but I do not get it. It feels very unfair to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join