It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Intermittent freezing of IE on ATS.

Hi Gang

I have been experiencing IE lockups on only the ATS site, about a dozen times or so in the last few weeks. The last 4 times I took note that it was the same loading error in the status bar, it freezes while trying to load an adserver ad listed as 728mm_m.php.

Coincidence? Maybe. My computer? Maybe. Though I have no other trouble and can find no reason.

But I thought it anyone else experienced this, it may be the ad itself.

No, I don't want to switch to Mozilla

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

I don't know what your specific problem is, but I would guess that a likely cause is Adobe Flash (used for animated ads and video playback) locking up. In my experience, Flash tends to be the least-stable portion of the browser.

I don't use IE, but here's mention of a utility you can use to enable or disable the downloading of Flash animations:
www.tipandtrick.net...

Perhaps try this, or some other utility like it. If the lockups stop happening, you've narrowed down the cause, and should look more into downloading an updated version of Flash, or re-installing it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hey, I have a quick question....

Last night I had over 200 ATS points, and tonight I have over -700, what happened??

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

Did you buy anything at the store?
Did you get a warning on one of your posts?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I havent bought anything, and I dont think I had a warning on any posts? How would I know if I had a warning?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

You would have received a U2U telling you so.
Have you checked your messages?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
How do I check my messages?

Sorry, Ive been a member since last year, but all I do is read threads and post replies. Ive not really explored much beyond that.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Do you have a little red light between "memcenter" and "search" on the toolbar at the top of the page?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Yea, I see it, I'm checking it out now..........thanx for helping

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No problem, we've all been there.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
WOW! I didnt even know I had this! Ive got like 20 messages, and the last one appears to be warning about a post. Thats a bummer, I was trying to save up those points! Kinda feel like a kid again, putting money into my moms swear jar whenever I cus! Oh well, my fault.

Ive seen a couple of guys that have alot newer accounts than mine, but have a ton of ATS and BTS points. How do they do that? Is there some way of getting points besides posting, and new threads?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Well the best way is to stay involved and post as many thoughtful and quality posts as possible. When you do that staff and Forum Subject Matter Experts will "applaud" your contributions. Each applause is worth 500 points. Different forums have different point structures, but if you contribute consistently your points will go up in no time.

You can also do this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thanks again for the info! I thought though, that I've contributed some pretty insightful posts, and Ive never gotten an applause before. How does that work???

Also, checking out the Twitter thing, thanks again!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
Thanks again for the info! I thought though, that I've contributed some pretty insightful posts, and Ive never gotten an applause before. How does that work???

Ah, now you're asking the impossible.
Who knows what's in the mind of a mod, they are a fickle bunch.

Just be yourself, the applause come when it comes.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok, got it. But just so I know, they applaud you if they like something you post? Or is it like, if you happen to type the magic word for the day in your post?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It's not really if they "like" what you said. It's more an appreciation from the staff if you have taken the time and effort to write an original, well though out, well presented OP or post.

That's my understanding. Perhaps a mod can chime in to elaborate.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The mantra is "improving the quality of our forums". Quality is an undefinable, ineffable quantity.

It depends upon the mod. But, do some research and bring something original to the table, for the sheer "denying ignorance" of it. Educate and inspire other members, and I will applaud you. You won't get any points, though.

Trying to help and educate other member is applause-worthy: for example, S-Dog is close to worthy of an applause, imho, for the recent spat of contribution on this thread.

Edit: of course, now that I've said that, the mods are free to consider my acknowledgement as kudo enough. No need to thank me, S-Dog.

[edit on Jan 19th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Why thank you Mr. McLean.
May I (no point) applaud you for your good looking input?

Edit: McLeaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

[edit on 19 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join