It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hey no worries,,I got ya drift

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Has the snow storm affected ATS today? The thing you click to open a new tab isn't working. The "reply to" tab isn't working. That's just 2 things I've noticed in the first few minutes here today.
?????

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

There have been some sporadic instances occasionally where the "reply to" function wouldn't work. It's working for me now, and I haven't noticed a prblem for a couple of weeks. Any issues with opening a new tab/new window would be with your browser and not an ATS function.

I'm on Firefox and tabbed browsing is currently working ok for me.

Snow wouldn't affect us since everything's 5 miles underground beneath an isolated mountain in South Dakota. But don't tell anybody.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

[supermodsonly]
The mods still think that we're located in SD...
[/supermodsonly]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Thanks for the response.
If I right click on my mouse button I can open pages in a new tab that way, but the little icon that usually opens a new tab just opens the link in the current page. Its still doing that now. I've not had that problem before, but come to think of it my Firefox did just last night update itself to a new version (3.0.5). That might have something to do with it.
By the way, I was just a second ago was looking at a new thread and the thing was displaying in some extremely wide aspect. I had to scroll right and left just to read the posts. This page however is in normal aspect.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Threads normally get skewed due to an oversized avatar or some script in one of the posts. I'd recommend hitting the ALERT! button on that one so someone can take a look at it.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

For what its worth, I just realized that as of today, the little icon that links to a thread via a new tab is now working today - with just a normal click. These little idiosyncrasies popping up here and there are just a little spice and variety to keep the brain from falling asleep I guess.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I started a thread a few days ago,being careful to fill in the required fields(article headline,link to source etc..)adding my personal comments,but when i clicked submit news it was automatically deleted,i was a little peeved to say the least,is there a way ATS mods can modify this in a way that members can edit before delete? perhaps a warning?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
As I read this this page at the moment it has advertising for the commonwealth bank running down the side,I think these guys have enough money as it is.

Just a tip to all who are reading this: I can almost bet my life this post will be removed prior to anyone reading it, if you are reading this please star and flag, anyway back to my point, I use Mozilla Firefox, a much safer, faster, and easier to use alternative to Internet Explorer, with an add-on called Ad-block Plus. I haven't seen a banner add or side advertisement on this site or any other website in over a year. This program prevents 99.99 percent of advertisements from even loading on webpages. This is a double bonus feature, as it not only gets rid of all those annoying as hell advertisements, but it also speeds up load times for webpages as you no longer wait for the damn banners to load. It prevents you from even transferring the data to you computer, not like some programs that only cover-up the ads after you've transfered the data already. I tell all my customers and associates to get Firefox with Ad-block Plus, and I am constantly getting thank yous for opening peoples eyes to this clearly superior alternative to Microsoft. I can't tell you how different my online experience is without ads. NO MORE FLASHING MONKEY DRIVING A CAR. Its easier on my eyes AND EARS, as some ads include annoying noises and music, and clicks and other deliberately aggravating sounds made purely to drive you up the walls.

Fight the microsoft power and start truly experiencing the internet the way Al Gore wanted it when he invented the Internet.***

***The Al Gore thing was just a joke in case anyone thought I was serious, I am well aware that Al Gore didn't really invent the Internet. The aliens from Rigel 9 did.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smokecrops

First of all you can't star or flag posts in this board, second how do think ATS makes operating income they have to utilize some add space so don't let it ruin your day k.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokecropsI haven't seen a banner add or side advertisement on this site or any other website in over a year. This program prevents 99.99 percent of advertisements from even loading on webpage

Then I would ask you to please stop coming to ATS with such a tool enabled... as you're using our services while depriving us of the only source of income available to us.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
here is a link to a proposal for 'burden of proof' thread that i started.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here are two reasons behind it. straight from ATS T&C.

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.
*too many claims posted that offer zero supporting evidence, which should have been provided in the original post.

1c.) Intellectual Property: You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, material previously posted by you on another website nor link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution, as defined by The Owners, to its original source.
*images posted to ats from other sites without the owners permission.

how do you feel about what i am asking for ?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed issues with the "MyATS" page?

My subscribed forums keep disappearing on me. Sometimes I add/ delete one, sometimes it just happens. There is occasionally a "forum id does not exist" error message on the page.

For the record, I'm using Vista and Chrome OS, although I was on XP/ Firefox the other day when I saw it too. It just started a couple days ago (maybe Christmas Eve?)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by optyk phyba

Not an official response, just my opinion, but it seems to me that ATS exists to shed light on some subjects where final and conclusive proof in either direction just doesn't exist yet. A "prove everything" rule could really force members into an uncomfortable box. Sometimes we've just gotta chuckle at a far out idea and accept the poster's right to probably be wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

i am all for a serious discussion on these topics. thats not what im talking about. example - making a claim that aliens are visiting earth and posting someone elses vid as your proof without any supporting evidence that authenticates or validates it, nor with the permission of the original owner, breaches both of those T&Cs.
i am asking for that level of proof ONLY from those that make a claim. just like a court of law.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

That has been happening to me, too. What seems to be occurring is when the last post to a thread is made by someone with a very long user name, some forums will disappear or give an error message. If you delete that thread from your subscriptions or another poster with a shorter user name comes along and is now the most recent poster, the subscribed forums will reappear. It must be a glitch of some sort.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks AshleyD! I am glad to know it is not just me. Hopefully it's just a glitch that will pass soon. Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Excuse me for a moment, I am an ats member, but I cant login to either ats or bts, because whenever I try to login either ats or bts, i get a message saying that there is a problem in the form. Please do the needy, so that i can log in.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by smokecropsI haven't seen a banner add or side advertisement on this site or any other website in over a year. This program prevents 99.99 percent of advertisements from even loading on webpage

Then I would ask you to please stop coming to ATS with such a tool enabled... as you're using our services while depriving us of the only source of income available to us.

That's strange...where did the money go that my friend paid for an ATS sweatshirt?

And what about your new book?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem:

In all the time I've been an ATS member, I cannot get my timezone set properly.

I've tried setting it to every single zone but cannot get it to GMT+1

It seems to have a life of it's own and changes constantly (but never to GMT+1)

Oh well, I'll just stay transient.

[edit on 31/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I usually start my visits here on the "my ats" page. After reviewing the threads I've subscribed to I check out the other 2 categories listed: "board business" and "breaking alternative news". Clicking on a thread I've subscribed to brings me to the last post on the thread, which is fine. Clicking on a link to a new thread in the other categories also brings me to the last post, but that makes no sense. Those threads being new to me, I want to start by reading the original post first, not the end of the thread. Most people don't start reading a book at the back and work forwards. So every time, I have to scroll downwards to find the bottom of the page and then click on the arrows that lead to the first page. That's a lot of annoying extra work for nothing every time. I am not a programmer, but surely it would not be that hard to change the "target" on those links so that one always got to start at the beginning of new threads instead of the end?? I believe that there are some pages set up that way. Its the ones on the "My ATS" page that seem to need the reworking.
cheers!

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join