It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
Oh here's another 2 Really important administrative U2U's everyone, don't forget to go to your U2U inbox and read the important message about Peter Schiff and Jim Maars, you never know, not reading them could mean you miss an important message about a rule change or a server overhaul that's scheduled soon.

Given your very public inability to tolerate a modest number of U2Us that I send, I decided to run some queries and look at the actual stats...

The Jim Marrs announcement
Sent to 9,552 members, opened by 7,412 -- 77.6% of recipients opened it.
The thread received 5,692 visits from the link in the U2U -- 76.8% who opened it, visited the thread.

The Peter Schiff announcement
Sent to 9,598 members, opened by 4,973 -- 51.8% of recipients opened it (not bad since it's less than 24 hours old... this number will go up over the next few days).
The thread received 4,106 visits from the link in the U2U -- 82.5% who opened it, visited the thread.

I looked at small sample of some older U2U mass-messages, and the numbers generally hold up similarly... about 80% open the message, and about 80% visit the linked thread. The actual utilization numbers do not support your opinions.

(typo correction)

[edit on 2-12-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Those are really impressive numbers – I wonder if any other so-called spammers can claim that two out of three recipients click through to view the product?

And there are probably others like me, who opened the Peter Schiff u2u this morning, were glad for the heads-up, but didn't click through to the thread. So you can add us onto the "not bothered by admin u2u" list

Wig

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So my guesstimate of 25% of people who would prefer to not recieve them looks pretty accurate. A far cry from being 1 out of 139000 wouldn't you agree?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wig

Only if you assume that it's always the same 25% who neither appreciate nor follow up on the notifications, and also that everyone who doesn't care about the announcements actively dislikes them.

Not that it matters, really, since an opt-out model is clearly not going to happen, and the ten minutes per month that the administration asks of us to look at their information about what's available is extremely reasonable considering how much the site offers us for free.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

So my guesstimate of 25% of people who would prefer to not recieve them looks pretty accurate. A far cry from being 1 out of 139000 wouldn't you agree?

Or, now here's a concept, they just delete them instead of whining about it. I haven't been on in over a month and it took me about 5 seconds to delete them. Far less time than it took you to post any of your inane posts.

Wig

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

If people want to argue the toss with me about my complaint I'm more than happy to stand my ground.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
I'm more than happy to stand my ground.

And I'm more than happy to indicate the issue has been addressed, our position made clear, and that our policies regarding the admin U2Us will not change.

And further "beating" of this particular "dead horse" will be considered "trolling" and will receive an appropriate response.

Issue closed. Questions answered. Please move on.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hello? Hello?

Not one single person has anything to say about my post a page back?

I am weeping now *sob* *sob*

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hi there... I've noticed a load of anti-Obama posts about his birth certificate in the political issues forum. I got in trouble for trying to call the people that were claiming that his birth certificate was faked and as a result I decided to leave that board because I am sick of those kinds of posts. I'm sick of these topics. Can't we just have one board like RATS so all the people that want to be racist or talk about how they think he faked his birth certificate talk about that there? I don't want that stuff on the main board anymore. I believe these threads are lowering the quality of ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I believe these threads are lowering the quality of ATS.

As do I.

Yours,
Annie

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Can't we just have one board like RATS so all the people that want to be racist or talk about how they think he faked his birth certificate talk about that there? I don't want that stuff on the main board anymore. I believe these threads are lowering the quality of ATS.

The potential controversy surrounding his birth and birth documentation clearly fits within the scope of a "conspiracy theory" discussion board. As is the case with many of our topics, just as many members will agree with a theory as there are those who will disagree.

Additionally, there are several angles to the potential birth documentation/location conspiracies worthy of discussion... including digging into the motivations of the parties making the claims.

In regards to posts you believe are racist, have you used our post-alert feature to let our staff know about a potential problem? No matter how large we make our staff, it's impossible to be aware of all posts in all threads at all times.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenAge

This is only my own personal opinion as a member, but I would respond that your post is not really an "ATS Issue" and doesn't belong in this thread. This thread is for people who have "issues" with ATS itself, how it's run and so forth, and although you are posting somewhat of a call to action, it is not really an issue with ATS itself.

If you start your own thread about it, you may see more response. A staff may quickly correct me, but I would guess that "Free energy being kept from the public" is a general conspiracy. Anyway, the staff here are very helpful and on the ball; if you start it in the wrong place they'll move it for you.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Thanks for your post, Heike. For quite a while there I thought my little discovery was being ignored

I hear what you're saying, but I kind of do consider it an "ATS Issue", insofar as it was a suggestion for something "Team ATS" could get involved in - and MAKE HUGE WAVES!

You have a point though, maybe there should be some kind of "Team ATS Projects" thread....?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I dont know if this is the right thread to ask this but cant find any other that fits my question.

I'd like to know if theres a thread where I can post my poetry on?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

You can go to this thread and find out how you can take part in the Colloborative Writing forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thank you Ziggy,,will have a go there

Oh well,,tried there and I dont even have permission to write a comment there and I tried another thread on there and the same,,,will try somewhere else.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Alienmindflare]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Hi Alienmindflare,

I've given you access to that forum now with the "writer" designation under your user name. Please be sure to "check in" with the staff that handle the writer forums and let them know I "titled" you a writer today. I figure anyone who wants to participate bad enough to go through the effort you have should be in there creating excellent prose.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you Springer but just one thing,I presume by you saying check in with the moderator,do you mean me u2u them?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I think that might be what he means
You could send a message to worldwatcher just to let her know. Looking forward to reading your submissions!

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That sounds good, sorry for not being more specific.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join